• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Did you know they sell land too! (I wonder if it is for low cost?)

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Why God?

"Your Good Neighbor"

As if things where not bad enough. I found this on accident... and I wish that I had not. They have 9 buildings for sale in Michigan. I know one of them they built a new building with in 300 yards of the old one, just to be closer to the freeway.

ludes98

Cyburbian
I think you misunderstand. They are promoting their dark store locations. They are also promoting the parcels they develop around their stores. You didn't think that that they only owned the parcel the store sits on did you? ;-)

otterpop

Cyburbian
Man, oh man. Is there anything you won't be able to get at WalMart. Now you can buy a house, furnish it, buy an air conditioner, TV, DVD player, linens, wheelbarrow, trees, grass seeds, shovel, rake, power tools, pots, pans, flatware, etc., get your car serviced and your new eyeglases before you move into your new home. Now if they only sold burial plots.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Zoning Goddess said:
I'll bet they spy on Cyburbia. ;-)

If they are they better thank me for defending them :)

donk

Cyburbian
otterpop said:
Man, oh man. Is there anything you won't be able to get at WalMart. Now you can buy a house, furnish it, buy an air conditioner, TV, DVD player, linens, wheelbarrow, trees, grass seeds, shovel, rake, power tools, pots, pans, flatware, etc., get your car serviced and your new eyeglases before you move into your new home. Now if they only sold burial plots.
Don't forget that they also own banks, so you can finance your home through them too. Why not just get direct deposit to their account?