• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Do the math people! Big Story: Chet falls behind Rumpy Tuna!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Yes, I'm officially predicting a disaster at Cyburbia.
(sorry Rumpy Tuna) :)

Rumpy Tuna has 722 posts and posts at a rate of 12.65 per day.
Chet has 5133 posts and posts at a rate of 6.33 posts per day.

How many days until Rumpy Tuna overtakes Chet?

Answer: 698 days or 1.91102 years. Now, you give me the exact date. This thread could be called the "eG uses MS Excel thread for useless data"

nerudite

Cyburbian
Chet... start replying to your own posts! It appears Rumpy's split personality is giving him the edge! ;)

And uhhhhh... EG. Don't make me do math. Why do you think I'm a planner in the first place?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I became a planner so I wouldn't have to do math...

It's taken me over a year to creep up on the first clube. RT is really an overachiever!

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
And I had to start from scratch after the collapse of cyburbia in late august/early september. I'm predicting I'll get hit by a beer truck before I reach 1000.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
October 3, 2005 if Chet posts no longer.
That shouldn't be hard. Remeber that Chet told us he was taking a sabbatical from Cyburbia. Oh yeah, that really happened. ;)

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
Yes, I'm officially predicting a disaster at Cyburbia.
(sorry Rumpy Tuna) :)
What is this disaster you speak of? I hope it doesn't involve one-eyed, pegg legged trannie hookers.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Damn, he'll probably beat my 1,000 posts in 290 days mark :(
Just look at him post! When EG started the thread he had 722, and now he has 740!

Jeff

Cyburbian
Skel, watch and learn from him. Some day pal....some day you may aspire to such greatness.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Guap, you need to account for Chets new private sector job. I am assuming that will reduce his Cyburbia time...at least for the first couple of weeks.

Although when I worked for the private sector, I used unbillable "professional reading and research" for Cyburbia lurking. I didn't join until I was back in the public sector

michaelskis

Cyburbian
busy

See that is the one down fall about my new job. They keep me busy, and I do not get on here as much as I should...

At this rate, it will take me a decade to even get into the clube

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Allright Mods, who is screwing with my post numbers to make them go backwards each time I post? I had over 745 when I left last time. If you want me to take a vacation from Cyburbia I will.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
Allright Mods, who is screwing with my post numbers to make them go backwards each time I post? I had over 745 when I left last time. If you want me to take a vacation from Cyburbia I will.
That was me cleaning out your unrelated gallery photos. Uploaded photos count as post counts, so the more I clean, the more posts you lose.

Please stop uploading photos in to the gallery that you can link to on the web. (I.E. photos of Paige Davis). It uses bandwidth that we would like to conserve for true planning related materials. Thank you.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
That was me cleaning out your unrelated gallery photos. Uploaded photos count as post counts, so the more I clean, the more posts you lose.

Please stop uploading photos in to the gallery that you can link to on the web. (I.E. photos of Paige Davis). It uses bandwidth that we would like to conserve for true planning related materials. Thank you.
Whoa, sorry, I thought I was copying them to my computer and then downloading them into my member gallery. Some of those pictures I used for caption contest though.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
Whoa, sorry, I thought I was copying them to my computer and then downloading them into my member gallery. Some of those pictures I used for caption contest though.
Once nobody has responded for over a week, we will pull the caption contest photo too. It's all about conservation. :)

Rem

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
I gotch ya;) I thought I was time traveling.
No one stands a chance against a schizophrenic time traveller.

BTW Rumpy, does Donk get that job he is waiting to hear about? Does Chet like his new job? Does Cardinal find true love - with another person I mean. Does eG win the Rainbow TM jersey at next year's Tour de France? Does BEK and Habanero receive the matching cutlery they picked in their wedding gift registery? Does JNL's team the All Blacks prevail over those biting, gouging, stomping Springboks?

So many questions for the concerned time traveller.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Rem said:
BTW Rumpy, does Donk get that job he is waiting to hear about? Does Chet like his new job? Does Cardinal find true love - with another person I mean. Does eG win the Rainbow TM jersey at next year's Tour de France? Does BEK and Habanero receive the matching cutlery they picked in their wedding gift registery? Does JNL's team the All Blacks prevail over those biting, gouging, stomping Springboks?
According to the 8-ball everybody wins...... Now back to the topic, I think I should go on a vacation from myself pretty soon because life is going down the crapper really fast at the moment. i'm going to enjoy life now, see you guys on the other side!!