• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Do you click on internet ads?

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
I never click on internet ads, but sometimes when I get a bootylicious ad, I will take a peek. For instance, this...

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
...will take me to the attached page. A nice little pick-me-up while at work! Today is a good day!

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
I hate them, never click on them, close them the minute they pop up, and make a point never to buy anything from companies that do that.

but then, I have a low annoyance threshold. And as far as I can tell, they don't advertise anything I want anyway.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I never click on those damned things.... and they never sell things I want, nor would I buy them anyways because I'm a cheap bastard! :p

Jen

Cyburbian
Hey saginaw? So you like looking at parts in pop up ads, but why start a thread about it?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I use a pop-up blocker, and never click on ads in pages. Now if only I could get rid of spam before it ever got to my mailbox....

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
I never click on them. I hate banner ads, especially all those on- line dating ads. Those type of ads have exploded onto the scene lately and usually depict some vacuous floozy with a cheezy line such as "Bulk up that black book" and "Get your flirt on".

You just can't get away from them. I even see them on weather sites not.

Butt ads suck too. Shame on you Wani for clicking on them.

Jeff

Cyburbian
You call that bootylicous?

No....I don't click on them, and you shouldn't either. Half of them are spyware that plant tracking cookies deep in your hard drive. Use Ad-Aware 6.0 (freeware) to clean up your system.