• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Do you know of any outstanding city websites?

Habanero

Cyburbian
I'm on the prowl for amazing city websites, something that perhaps links up current projects with maps, infomation about the project, and status. We're trying to see what other cities have been able to do so that in time we may also be able to provide more for citizens via the internet.

:-D

Rem

Cyburbian
I hesitate because this is our stop-gap effort, but have a look and you can decide if there is anything of worth. We are replacing our corporate software and will, by the end of '04, have a redesigned site.

The two best Australian sites I am aware of (there may be others I haven't seen) are Brisbane City and Melbourne City.

Others that are OK - Hornsby Shire, Warringah and Wyong.

The best overseas sites I am aware of are Toronto (don't tell Tranplanner) and Liverpool.

JNL

Cyburbian
The Wellington City Council website has a projects section that includes descriptions, start dates, estimated finish dates, maps, contact information and links to further information. I reckon it's quite good - I use it sometimes.

North Shore City Council also has a good projects section.

Hope this helps :) I know of more links if you want them.

B'lieve

Cyburbian
This is Baltimore City's site: http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/ ,
and the Planning Commission site: Department of Planning . You can also get to the DoP/Planning Commission site by looking under "Government" on the City's site. It even has an "interactive online map" of capital improvement projects, but you need Macromedia plugin or something for it to work fully. Happy browsing.

simulcra

I like Austin's website since for their Downtown section they go into great detail of projects underway.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/

Although, it gets kind of annoying to get to the good stuff other than just downtown, but they still have comprehensive stuff.