• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Do you own firearms?

Do you own any firearms?

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • No, I don't.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • I would like to buy one in the future.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Firearms should be outlawed.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

Jeff

Cyburbian
When I meant safes I was talking about the big boys, like the Remington ones rated for 1500 degrees, hold like 10 rifles, cost like $1000, YIKES.

I think I'm just going to go with the baseball bat method, the kid will find any guns that are not in the safe. I knew where everything my parents had was.

On an unrelated pro-gun note.....

Last night we were sitting in the basement about 10 pm when we got a heavy wiff of a mans cologne. All the windows were closed because it was like 40 degrees. I don't know where the smell came from at this point, but let me tell you, when I decided to investigate the upstairs, it was nice having a Remington 870 loaded with 00 buck in my hand.

BKM

Cyburbian
I was listening to a Godspeed! You Black Emperor CD (Warning: Not Republican Safe :)) CD the other day. Their schtick is "post rock" which means meandering instrumental pieces, but they interview this itinerant street poet/preacher/crazy, who, after describing how he stands in a courtroom screaming at a judge, describes lovingly his collection of various weapons, many military grade. Pretty fun.

n/p: Godspeed You Black Emperor: Slow Ride for New Zero Kanada E.P.