• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Does anyone in your office really screw up your world?

Mastiff

Gunfighter
My City Recorder loves to "forget" to mail out public notices. Right now I'm having to hold a special P&Z meeting one week after the normal meeting to cover this "error".

I think I'm just going to start doing it myself... :angry

Mastiff - This week I'm doing a great job of screwing my own world up. I only wish I had someone else to blame this week on.

I don't like certain engineers. I'm glad that this certain one and I are not working on the same project anymore. At one point, I was ready to run back screaming and begging for my old job at the city.

nerudite

Cyburbian
During our very short construction season (the old joke about Alberta having 10 months of winter and two months of road construction isn't that far off ;) ), our engineering department is very overloaded, and isn't terribly reliable. We only had one item on the agenda for the next MPC meeting, and we just pulled it because engineering couldn't get their comments in on time. Most of the time we take a verbal okay, if it looks good and wing it... we know they're busy. But this time their verbal comment was "hmm... looks like they need a street redesign." I don't mind pulling agenda items, but since we've had this plan for two months, I would have preferred to solve this little problem *much* earlier! The rest of the year goes pretty darn smooth though...

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Planderella said:
I don't like certain engineers. I'm glad that this certain one and I are not working on the same project anymore. At one point, I was ready to run back screaming and begging for my old job at the city.
This wouldn't be the same certain engineer that you had your eye on last week, would it?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Hmmmm... for some reason this reposted :( I deleted it... I seem to be having probs today. Sorry everyone!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Dan raises hand, and points to self.

plannerkat

Cyburbian
Another department is fond of taking credit for our work and one of their ilk once set a public participation process back several months by initiating a meeting on the topic without consulting me. They're jealous...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Another Dept Head rose from the rank of Planning Secretary and thinks she knows everything about running my department. It has taken me almost 4 years to get her to back off, and I occassionally still just say, "Its that way because I say so".

kms

Cyburbian
We had a secretary get promoted to assitant manager, so I know how that goes. She doesn't bother me any more (evil laugh).