• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free (as in "free beer"). It's easy to join in!

Food / drink 🍗 Dole Whip

Veloise

Cyburbian
WARNING: discussion about an addictive substance

This is pineapple soft serve. I'm told it's dairy-free. Pretty sure that it does contain heroin or crack.
In a local food group, someone occasionally mentions it, and I add to my saved locations. I discovered it December 2018 on a week-long visit to O'ahu. Up til then I'd thought that pineapple was okay ... now I choose pineapple drinks, sometimes buy a whole one and process it with the fun screw-in slicer thing. And if there's DW anywhere near me, I have some.

From the snack stand at Diamond Head. My first hit! Crushed pineapple on top!
IMG_20181218_143257493.jpg

Visiting Dole Plantation, the bus driver missed the stop, so I had to walk about 1/2 mile back. First thing I did.
IMG_20181221_120325675.jpg

Toured the plantation, had lunch. Note the plating: styrofoam, with an orchid.
IMG_20181221_134943504.jpg

2019: discovered that it's sold at our zoo.
IMG_20190725_200150011.jpg

2020: excursion to a lovely wild poppy field, and someone mentioned an ice cream place nearby that has it.
IMG_20200701_175324480_HDR.jpg
On Tuesdays I travel to a band rehearsal, and recently discovered that a small-town place has DW. Might become a regular routine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
WARNING: discussion about an addictive substance

This is pineapple soft serve. I'm told it's dairy-free. Pretty sure that it does contain heroin or crack.
In a local food group, someone occasionally mentions it, and I add to my saved locations. I discovered it December 2018 on a week-long visit to O'ahu. Up til then I'd thought that pineapple was okay ... now I choose pineapple drinks, sometimes buy a whole one and process it with the fun screw-in slicer thing. And if there's DW anywhere near me, I have some.

From the snack stand at Diamond Head. My first hit! Crushed pineapple on top!
View attachment 51845

Visiting Dole Plantation, the bus driver missed the stop, so I had to walk about 1/2 mile back. First thing I did.
View attachment 51846

Toured the plantation, had lunch. Note the plating: styrofoam, with an orchid.
View attachment 51847

2019: discovered that it's sold at our zoo.
View attachment 51848

2020: excursion to a lovely wild poppy field, and someone mentioned an ice cream place nearby that has it.
View attachment 51849
On Tuesdays I travel to a band rehearsal, and recently discovered that a small-town place has DW. Might become a regular routine.
DW? You mean D&W the grocery store? Or maybe DQ (Dairy Queen)? Where can I get one of these short of making a trek to John Ball Zoo?

Veloise

Cyburbian
DW? You mean D&W the grocery store? Or maybe DQ (Dairy Queen)? Where can I get one of these short of making a trek to John Ball Zoo?
You're in luck! Tiki Pineapple, 2901 Howard St., Kalamazoo, MI

Also Frosty Boy might.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
You can get them all over Disney properties. Now they come with alcohol too.... ;)

Veloise

Cyburbian
My only visit to a Dizzy place was in 1975, family visit to my aunt in Santa Monica.

I wouldn't travel that far to that place for a DW when there's one just a three-mile bike ride away (when they get their machine fixed).

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Damn you, Veloise! Why did I listen to you? I tried one and now I find my way on the path down hopeless addiction. I work at a job, so I can make money to buy DW's. All my relationships revolve around whether or not association with an individual will in any way bring me into contact with a DW.

I found out there's a place that serves them within walking distance of my house!!!

Veloise

Cyburbian
Damn you, Veloise! Why did I listen to you? I tried one and now I find my way on the path down hopeless addiction. I work at a job, so I can make money to buy DW's. All my relationships revolve around whether or not association with an individual will in any way bring me into contact with a DW.

I found out there's a place that serves them within walking distance of my house!!!
Got a 20? There's an item I want from Big Lots, and the one near you is the only stock. May as well grab a fix ...