• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Double Entendre Headlines

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
This is a persistant problem I note amongst today's journalists. They seem to have forgotten the cardinal rule of clarity. In order to avoid ambiguous interpretations the headline should have simply read "Most Texans Are Clueless" ;-)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
FueledbyRamen hehehehe.

My sister lives in Mesquite, so I figure there's some smarts in Texas (that's why I rounded the population down) ;-) :-D

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Brenda David packed up curling irons, hair dryers and extension cords and marched across the parking lot to an office building with electricity.
Ah, Dallas, the home of big hair and big-time hair wranglers. ;-)

otterpop

Cyburbian
DecaturHawk said:
Ah, Dallas, the home of big hair and big-time hair wranglers. ;-)
I was thinking the same thing. Do you think the hole in the ozone layer over Dallas might have closed up a little bit as a result of the blackout and the decrease in the use of hairspray?