• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Double Fronted Flex Architecture

jspence

Does anyone have any good architectural examples of light industrial buildings with two fronts? Generally looking at flex space buildings that have decent street presentation.

Thanks

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Are they for warehousing or other uses, or both? We might have a few, let me know what you need and I'll try to find photos. What are the surrounding uses? Might also have some bearing on design.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I can shoot some pics if I get a chance later today, and if I do I'll pop them into the gallery.

But why only 2 sided, if I might ask? Our standing rule is 4 sided architecture, no exceptions. (Actually in low areas with views of the roof we require 5 sided architecture on indistrial buildings too).

jspence

The proposed uses are wharehousing, light manufacturing ect. It is adjacent to a small airport and the area serves as a gateway to the community.

Thanks

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
If it's a gateway, are there any architectural guidelines, or perhaps any typical or vernacular architecture that could be incorporated into the vocab of the proposed buildings? Just a thought...not that anyone would want a 70,000-square foot Queen Anne....

jspence

No particular theme.....just quality

or maybe a western ranch type thing as long as it wasn't hokey. We had a mini storage go in out in the county that just put false western fronts on the ends. You can see the standard building behind it. Not worth the effort.