• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Double Posts/Replies

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I've noticed this happening a lot lately, and just wanted to give everyone a friendly reminder:

Please consolidate multiple replies to different users' posts in a single post....

Example:

user x said:
blah blah blah blah
reply to user x.....

user y said:
blah blah blah blah
reply to user y

user z said:
blahblah blah blah
reply to user z.

Reference link: http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showpost.php?p=179634&postcount=3

Cyburbia Forums Rules said:
2.6 Post padding / low content posts
Post padding should be avoided. Post padding is making a post with no real purpose or content, just to increase post count stats. Post padding includes:
* "Roll call," "consecutive number game", "last poster wins", "99 bottles of beer", "control-v", and "increase your post count" type threads and posts.
* Posting two or more consecutive messages in a thread to reflect one train of thought ("Oh, and one more thing ..."). Users can amended and edit their posts up to six hours after posting. Staff may consolidate or delete posts to improve readability of a thread.
* Short followup messages that contribute nothing to a thread, such as "I agree" or "Me too"

Last edited:

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I hope I have not been one of the guilty parties. If I have, I do apologize.

My question is: How do you put multiple quotes in a single reply? Every time I hit the reply button to quote soemone, it opens a response thread. If I hit multiples, then multiple reponse threads would open, right? Or am I missing something?

Remember, I'm a bit of a dinosaur with this new-fangled internet stuff.
Thanks, 'dunker.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Gedunker said:
I hope I have not been one of the guilty parties. If I have, I do apologize.

My question is: How do you put multiple quotes in a single reply? Every time I hit the reply button to quote soemone, it opens a response thread. If I hit multiples, then multiple reponse threads would open, right? Or am I missing something?

Remember, I'm a bit of a dinosaur with this new-fangled internet stuff.
Thanks, 'dunker.
It takes a bit of cutting/pasting to do it....but if you use the "Thread review" at the bottom of the page when you reply, you can add the "[ quote = userx ]" (without the spaces) code, then paste the post into yours, and close it with "[ /quote ]" (again without the spaces).

Hope this helps (and no, you haven't been guilty). Just browse a few recent threads, and you'll see deleted posts and edited posts to consolidate some of the multiple replies.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
NHPlanner said:
It takes a bit of cutting/pasting to do it....but if you use the "Thread review" at the bottom of the page when you reply, you can add the "[ quote = userx ]" (without the spaces) code, then paste the post into yours, and close it with "[ /quote ]" (again without the spaces).
Okay, got that.

Gedunker said:
Remember, I'm a bit of a dinosaur with this new-fangled internet stuff. Thanks, 'dunker.
All right! It took me couple of tries to realize that I had to place my insertion by the member's name in order to highlight the posted text. Cool!

Thanks, NHPlanner!

Last edited:

NHPlanner

Staff member
Gedunker said:
Thanks, NHPlanner!
You're welcome. :)

Hopefully others will follow your lead, and I'll have less posts to delete! ;-)

NHPlanner

Staff member
thread bump.....it's been happening again....

Please consolidate multiple replies into a single post. Thanks.