• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Dracula Park to Lure Fans to Romania

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Economic development at its finest, when your country is known for something I guess just go for it.

The long-delayed plan to build a park is back on track after securing private investment. But the park will cost more than double the original amount, said Sorin Marica, the head of the Dracula Park SA firm, which owns the project.
"We'll open it by May (2005). The season starts then, so that's the best timing for Dracula," Marica told Reuters on Wednesday.
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-RTO-reodd&idq=/ff/story/0002/20040318/0826716695.htm&sc=reodd

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Let me guess the actual timing of their opening -
Full Moon at Midnight
too bad there is no Friday the 13th in May.

BKM

Cyburbian
I don't remember the source, but the article I read made this sound pretty bad.

The better solution: Produce more bottles of the excellent "Vampre" brand merlot I had today :) A "Product of Transylvania"