• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Fantasy football 🏈 Draft Poll - Let's see where we are

Draft Question - Make a choice...

• Live Draft - On Cyburbia JUST like last year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Okay, we have some options. First is this:

a) We all come to a basic agreement on a draft
b) We don't

If b, then:

a) Divide into two "conferences". We have 16 (or will with MDPlanner), so we could do two 8 team divisions. Sadly, there couldn't be interconference play... (Yes, you can have 16 teams on Yahoo) Yes, we can have week 17 unused, so the winners could play. I'd have to announce the winner and player scores, but hey...

So, here's what we do. Pick one, then SOUND OFF on the board so we know who voted. NO WISHY-WASHY, "I'll just do what everyone wants" stuff... make a pick. If we see a big division, then we can decide if we split into to conferences.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Live! As live is meant to be...

I liked how we did it last year, and I did all the work. With the "Viking Rule" it'll go faster...

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
I liked how we did it last year, and I did all the work. With the "Viking Rule" it'll go faster...

I like the VIKING rule, it could be VERY entertaining and keep things moving. :-D

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I'd prefer the slow live draft here....with the viking rule.....but it needs to be suspended (the viking rule) on the weekends, where I'm (and many others) likely to be nowhere near a computer.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
NHPlanner said:
I'd prefer the slow live draft here....with the viking rule.....but it needs to be suspended (the viking rule) on the weekends, where I'm (and many others) likely to be nowhere near a computer.

I agree with this - with the proviso that if I'm not here Mastiff can be my "auto-drafter" :)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I chose the live draft with auto draft for those not in attendance, but I am down with the Cyburbia draft w/ Viking rule if that is what the people want. I am pretty excited about this rookie draft thing too.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:

I agree. IMO, the live draft works well with the viking rule, but I prefer that the rule be suspended on the weekends. Also, I prefer that the league function without a split into two conferences, in order to allow each team to play against each other.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
NHPlanner said:

Okay... fair enough. But the time gets split. If Team A picks Friday at 2:00 pm EST, and the suspension begins at 5:00pm EST, then when it picks back up at 8:00 am Monday, they have nine hours to complete the pick.

And the commish will be very strict on this... at the end of the 12 hours, the message will be "Team A has NOT selected, Team B is now on the clock, and has until _____ to make a selection. (Assuming I'm awake) If not, I'll note the time, and who is up, and how long they have.

I'll probably set up a generic private message to go out when it's your pick. Then again when you miss a pick.

Remember, once a pick is made, the next team is up, and their time starts!

NHPlanner

Staff member
Mastiff said:
Okay... fair enough. But the time gets split. If Team A picks Friday at 2:00 pm EST, and the suspension begins at 5:00pm EST, then when it picks back up at 8:00 am Monday, they have nine hours to complete the pick.

And the commish will be very strict on this... at the end of the 12 hours, the message will be "Team A has NOT selected, Team B is now on the clock, and has until _____ to make a selection. (Assuming I'm awake) If not, I'll note the time, and who is up, and how long they have.

I'll probably set up a generic private message to go out when it's your pick. Then again when you miss a pick.

Remember, once a pick is made, the next team is up, and their time starts!

That works fine with me.

Dragon

Cyburbian
I’m going to go with the Viking Rule style. Although I think a total live draft would be fun with the pressure and all, the Viking Rule will probably work out best.

donk

Cyburbian
I'll go along with the vikign rule.

If I know that I will be unavailable when my pick is likely to occur, I will send in a list of players to pick from.

My new job means I can only really participate before work, at lunch or after work from my computer at home.

boiker

Cyburbian
woo hoo.. i can't wait.

Let's see.. I'm going to selected LeBron James, Eric Karros, Jim Brown, and Nadia Comaneci. :-D :p

Mastiff

Gunfighter
boiker said:
woo hoo.. i can't wait.

Let's see.. I'm going to selected LeBron James, Eric Karros, Jim Brown, and Nadia Comaneci. :-D :p

Don't forget O.J. Simpson! He'll really slaughter the competition...

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
I'm still with the live draft but it looks like the Cyburbia live draft with the "Viking Rule", um thanks?" is going to be it. You know with a live draft, we can be done a couple of hours.:) I think you can even set time limits for each pick to be made. I just don't see why it would be too hard for anyone to do it this way. For me, I will have to go to work or my inlaws to do it but that does not bother me.

NHPlanner

Staff member
SlaveToTheGrind said:
You know with a live draft, we can be done a couple of hours.:) I think you can even set time limits for each pick to be made. I just don't see why it would be too hard for anyone to do it this way. For me, I will have to go to work or my inlaws to do it but that does not bother me.

I understand this.....but my summer weekends (and most weeknights for that matter) are not spent around a computer, so doing through Cyburbia works far better for me.....and I imagine for many others that are going to be playing this year. We start drafting plenty in advance of the start of the season.....should not be a problem.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
SlaveToTheGrind said:
I'm still with the live draft but it looks like the Cyburbia live draft with the "Viking Rule", um thanks?"

You do realize that has nothing to do with your FF team, right? :-}

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Live draft with the Viking rule..... It pains me that my team is associated with such a screw up

Status
Not open for further replies.