• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Drafting /Creating Local Development Plan within a planning areas of a city.

margep

I am new here.I worked as a physical planner with a municipal City Authority in Papua New Guinea capital city. I do have a formal degree in urban planning but I am just starting my first semester in MURP at PNG University of technology.

I was task on a project to create a Local Development Plan for a planning area within the capital city.
How can I go about creating a local development Plan,can anyone assit me or provide sources I can refer for information. My email is markgepa@gmail.com and my WhatsApp # +67578447910

I look forward to constructive response s.

Thank you
Mark

Planit

Cyburbian
Do some searching in medium sized cities for:

Small Area Plans

Land Development Plans

Comprehensive Plans

You'll see all different types, details & scenarios. Some cookie-cutter & some unique based on the community.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I will also add in Sub-Area Plans.

With Comprehensive Plans, it is not unusual to see multiple subarea or small area plans incorporated into that document as the needs, desires, and conditions are unique to those locations.

There are also corridor plans that have more of a linear nature corresponding to a major road, greenway, or rail line.