• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Drink Under the Table - As Inspired by Habanero

Budgie

Cyburbian
"I'd like to play drinking games with everyone and then take drunk pictures when you all pass out and post them here." - Habanero

O.K, which Cyburbianite can you drink under the table?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I'd say that I had a biological advantage over just about everyone.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
none, can't/don't drink
how about a sober clube - Mike D.

SGB

Cyburbian
Leave the drinkin' games to the college kids.

Can't handle it as well as I used to, and frankly don't want to either.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I know I can drink Trail Nazi under the table, if only on my daily consumption of Diet Dew. The poor woman can't have liquor, due to a hungry babe, but also can't have caffiene. heheheh...

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I'm not very tolerant to high amounts of alcohol, I like drinking, but I hate getting even close to drunk... I just get sleepy, and I hate to feel sedated... so generally I stop there and wait to sober up again...

I just know my limit and stay there... I can still enjoy whisky, wine, beer, etc (naming my favourites :)) without a problem, and actually what's the deal with drinking a lot when you're actually wasting good booze that you just barely feel when drunk...

gee... this post would surely clear all doubts about my age... How can someone believe that I'm 19 after this post? When you look at "normal" 19 year olds... they're drinking their lives out... (and trippin' too...) :p

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Habanero said:
I think I could take Chet on. ;) What are we drinking anyway?
Babe, you're on. As long as its not rum or tequilla, anything goes.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
I know I can drink Trail Nazi under the table, if only on my daily consumption of Diet Dew. The poor woman can't have liquor, due to a hungry babe, but also can't have caffiene. heheheh...
Alcohol intake by nursing mothers has been suggested to impact fine motor skill development. Nursing mothers should only drink rarely and limit intake to 1 to 2 drinks maximum. Caffiene and spicy foods may also make the child irritable and alter eating and sleeping habits, which is torture on the parents.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Budgie said:
Alcohol intake by nursing mothers has been suggested to impact fine motor skill development. Nursing mothers should only drink rarely and limit intake to 1 to 2 drinks maximum. Caffiene and spicy foods may also make the child irritable and alter eating and sleeping habits, which is torture on the parents.
This is why I dont have kids. They take the fun out of everything. Okay, I confess. Its not the only reason, but its a biggie.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Chet said:
This is why I dont have kids. They take the fun out of everything. Okay, I confess. Its not the only reason, but its a biggie.
You can nurse a child?!?

I told James to "do a Chet" and this is what I got:

el Guapo

Capitalist
Those days are in my past. Now a three to four drink tipsy twice a year is me busting loose. But I do so enjoy a cold frosty one. I want to name a child of mine Rheinheitsgebot Guapo.

H

Cyburbian
Well, I am form the “Deep South” (as BKM referred to the area recently in another post) and we drink bourbon like it is tea and receive no stupor of any kind. So bring it ;)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
You can nurse a child?!?
I told James to "do a Chet" and this is what I got:
Is it a coincidence that the double fisted sipper and I have the same first name.... I think not.

I can't breast feed either, but I can bottle feed twins at the same time. It's a game of twister with a body pillow, two infants and a fat guy.

el Guapo said:
Those days are in my past. Now a three to four drink tipsy twice a year is me busting loose.
I crashed a couple of college parties in Warrensburg, MO a few weeks ago. Most college kids are still light weights as far as I'm concerned. After 12 cold ones and a couple hits of Capn' Morgan's, I could still beat everyone at darts.

I'm not bragging. Bragging about alcohol intake is childish. Just stating a fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think ANYONE here can outdrink me -- even the "non-drinkers". But I can take more ibuprofen, more decongestants, more naproxen (that's Aleve for you folks who get it at a store rather than the 2 1/2 times dose of that they issue at the pharmacy), and percocet and tylenol 3. Other than that, I don't do drugs at all and never did.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I swore off the hard stuff years ago. Now, two or three beers or glasses of wine (maybe a bit more wine) are my limit.

donk

Cyburbian
For drinking,I am either a champ or a chump, no in between. So we had better schedule this contest for one of my champ days.

Tranplanner and I went head to head and it was basically a draw, but he got me on a champ day, and he had to work the next day.

Have you ever drank yourself sober?

Jeff

Cyburbian
In my heyday I was known to put back a 30 pack of cold-delicious refreshing Miller Lite .... aaaaaahhhhhh....cold and delicious .......

But, getting loaded just isn't conducive to getting up at the ass crack of dawn and riding your bike for miles on end so ..... I bet i can put down more Endurox R4 than all of you.

donk

Cyburbian
What Mike, you don't like the smell of rye coming out of your skin at 30km/hour?

30 American miller lite = 6 pack. ;)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
donk said:
Tranplanner and I went head to head and it was basically a draw
You're being very generous - I was fine with the drinking part, it was the morning after that killed me.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
giff57 said:
I'd say that I had a biological advantage over just about everyone.
Maybe.....but I'm always up for a challenge. ;) Having had a few with several Cyburbanites....I think I can hold my own with most everyone here.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
I'm not very tolerant to high amounts of alcohol, I like drinking, but I hate getting even close to drunk... I just get sleepy, and I hate to feel sedated... so generally I stop there and wait to sober up again...
That's how I am. Its like taking sleeping pills at a party. I had the typical night of drinking too many Pearl Harbors one New Years Eve as a teenager and spent the whole night being sick. It was a great deterrant to future drinking.

However, I'm confident I can hold my own in a donut eating contest.

H

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
That's how I am. Its like taking sleeping pills at a party...
So order Redbull and Vodkas. You wont fall asleep then. :-D

martini

Cyburbian
like Giff, I have an advantage. body mass goes a loooong ways for me. I don't drink nearly as muich as I used to, but could still hold my own. My preferable weapon is Jagermiester/coke or straight Jag. Beer is handy though too.

H

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
But you will be ridiculed for ordering a sissy drink (sorry sissies).
any sissy drinking this train wreck must be a hel-u-va sissy! ;)

I personally like the drink as a night starter or mid-night pick-me-up. 8-! but then I bet you would think most everyone / everything in Miami is sissy. :-D We lean that way, for sure.

biscuit

Cyburbian
It's been a while since I've had an "Under the table" kind of night. I can handle my liquor, just not the lack of sleep. But if you kids wanna play then be prepared for me to bring the hurt.

What Huston said about the bourbon...well its all true and then some.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Zoning Goddess said:
OK, Giff, explain this one!
I'd bet I am larger than most of the rest of you. More body mass = more consumption

donk

Cyburbian
Tranplanner posted
it was the morning after that killed me.
Nobody said you had to be functional the next day for this contest. If so, I am out, when I get hung over I get really hung over (2-3 days sometimes).

Favourite drink for this type of event would be rye and ginger ale with the odd beer thrown in throughout the night and a bit of scotch on ice to settle the stomach.

biscuit

Cyburbian
giff57 said:
I'd bet I am larger than most of the rest of you. More body mass = more consumption
Ah, but let's not forget... fast metabolism = more consumption.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
donk said:
Favourite drink for this type of event would be rye and ginger ale with the odd beer thrown in throughout the night and a bit of scotch on ice to settle the stomach.
A good point to bring up donk! :)

I would probably drink bourbon OTR with an occasional Sam Adams light thrown in.

Now, would everyone have to be drinking the same things for this contest? :)

tsc

Cyburbian
hmm... I used to drink .. and drink quite a lot when I was among buddies....

I am getting older... and now it isn't for quantity... but quality and pairing with edibles....

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
I've used enought Ny-Quil the last few days I could probably play this game very well.

I notice the drinking threads always attract a lot of repsonses.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
I basically only drink on social occasions and, even then, I don't drink as much as I did in college. However, I can still hold my own when challenged.

jmf

Cyburbian
donk said:
Please don't say rum. please don't say rum.
No wonder you can't meet someone in NB. Rum is mother's milk to martimers. The blacker the better.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I would say it depends on the drinks. Guinness, PBR, or any Miller products I can drink like water. Its the mixed drinks that kill me, although the only mixed drink that I really enjoy is gin and tonics.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Given my current mental state (nothing professional, it's my personal life that's in the toilet), I follow the advice of George Thoroughgood....I drink alone.

SGB

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
Given my current mental state (nothing professional, it's my personal life that's in the toilet), I follow the advice of George Thoroughgood....I drink alone.
One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer? ;)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
With your pals Johnny Walker and Jimmie Beam, right?

Budgie

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
I would say it depends on the drinks. Guinness, PBR, or any Miller products I can drink like water. Its the mixed drinks that kill me, although the only mixed drink that I really enjoy is gin and tonics.
Sounds like we have similar tolerances. However, as long as I start with one beer, I have to stick with it. Eastern european pilsners bother me, but I can drink stouts, porters and bocks all night long and remain relatively coherent.

I can handle vodka and tequilla with lime. Gin and tonics are o.k. Whiskey and rum tear up my gut.

H

Cyburbian
Hey Biscuit, I know you have, so how do you drink your moonshine? I like mine with peaches or as soaked cherries (i.e. Cherry Bombs) what a candy!

Anyone else who has a recipe please jump in as well. :)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Huston said:
Hey Biscuit, I know you have, so how do you drink your moonshine? I like mine with peaches or as soaked cherries (i.e. Cherry Bombs) what a candy!

I think DoD posted his in Urbanyoda's introduction thread...

I've only had newfie "screech" once. Never again, thanks. The worst was some Romanian homebrew that someone gave my dad. Made great glass cleaner...

donk

Cyburbian
In university one of teh guys on my floor brought us some shine.

He drank it with powdered lime gatorade, the rest of us used it to light fires.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Huston said:

I've only had it once and it wast han straight-up home brew so, as you can probably guess, I'm not really one for the 'shine. However, I am curious about how a cherry bomb would taste.

I'm usually a bourban and ginger drinker when I go out but lately I've gotten into a Bombay Sapphire and tonic kick. Good stuff.