• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Earth Day

ebeech121

Cyburbian
Nothing too out of the ordinary for me. I did spend more time outside, but whether that is a good thing or not I am not completely sure since Atlanta is cocooned in a perpetual greenish-brownish haze of pollution.

How's that for Earth Day?

P.S. Could I say "greenish-brown[ish]" one more time today?

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I've visiting one of the middle schools as part of their Earth Day celebration, representing our trails team.

And maybe I'll sit out on the patio to have my cocktail tonight. :)

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
I was really hoping to take my camera down to a local supermarket so I could take pictures documenting the pathetic condition of their property. There are two areas adjacent to the parking lot that were probably, at one time, set aside as preserved wetlands or maybe just drainage ponds, and are now filled with muck and garbage. I want to shame the company into doing something about this - not in any "official" capacity (I don't work for my town) - especially since they pride themselves on being community-minded.

I haven't had the time to get there today, but I will, eventually. The CEO will get a nice letter from me...

biscuit

Cyburbian
It's nothing but tree hugging hippy crap ;-)

I took my recycling out to the curb this morning. Wait, I do that every other Thursday anyway.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
To help out on the global warming thing, I won't pass gas today--holding back until tomorrow. ;)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Rain here today, makes outdoors activities moot.

But, Oh look! Louisville is the Third Worst City for springtime allergies.
www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=1801660

Sorry, ebeech121, Atlanta led that list too. B-)

It doesn't get too bad for me until the cottonwoods start shedding... :-# )

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
It's a beautiful sunny day in the Big Easy for Earth Day. Same as usual for me today...working and enjoying breaks outside.

ebeech121

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:
Rain here today, makes outdoors activities moot.

But, Oh look! Louisville is the Third Worst City for springtime allergies.
www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=1801660

Sorry, ebeech121, Atlanta led that list too. B-)

It doesn't get too bad for me until the cottonwoods start shedding... :-# )

Don't be sorry when you're speaking the truth! Everything right now is either yellow or yellow with finger streaks in it. The pine pollen is what really kills everyone down here. The pharmacies are doing great business in the Late-Non-Summer to Early Summer season.

Atlantans in April = :-#

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
I went grocery-shopping last night with my usual assortment of canvas bags and thermal bags, and was congratulated by the clerk for being "earth-friendly" on Earth Day...which I had forgotten about completely....so that probably doesn't count. And the grocery store, which has the only decent selection of cheese and seafood in the city, is about 30 miles away....