• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

eHindu: Who were you in your past life?

The Irish One

Your past life diagnosis:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Sumatra around the year 1200.
Your profession was that of a seaman, cook or carpenter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
As a natural talent in psychology, you knew how to use your opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
The timid, lonely and self-confident people are everywhere, and your task is to overcome these tendencies in yourself and then to help other people.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Egypt around the year 1100.
Your profession was that of a dancer, singer or actor.
Ruthless character, carefully weighing his decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Such people are generally liked, but not always loved.
Your lesson is to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.

JNL

Cyburbian
Cold-blooded Usurer?

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Sumatra around the year 1350.
Your profession was that of a banker, usurer, moneylender or judge.
As a natural talent in psychology, you knew how to use your opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
The timid, lonely and self-confident people are everywhere, and your task is to overcome these tendencies in yourself and then to help other people.

tsc

Cyburbian
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Central England around the year 1325.
Your profession was that of a jeweler or watch-maker.
Such people are always involved with all new. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
.... I don't think many women worked in that profession during the middle ages....but I do love art music and cooking!

nerudite

Cyburbian
At least I was still an American ;)

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern USA North-Center around the year 775.
Your profession was that of a map maker, astrologer, astronomer.
Artistic personality, always transforming the ugly into the beautiful, gray into bright colors. You would find an opportunity of creative self-expression in any situation.
Your main lesson is to develop magnanimity and a feeling of brotherhood. Try to become less adhered to material property and learn to take only as much, as you can give back.

SGB

Cyburbian
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern West Australia around the year 1150. Your profession was that of a teacher, mathematician or geologist.

Inquisitive, inventive, you liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.

There is an invisible connection between the material and the spiritual world. Your lesson is to search, find and use this magical bridge.

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Greece around the year 1075.
Your profession was that of a monk (nun), bee-keeper or lone gunman.
Such people are always involved with all new. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.
The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.

A monk or a lone gunman--somehow I feel torn between two extremes. Nice to know I could have been on the ancient greek equivalent of the grassy knoll and shot the "magic bullet." Go me.

JNL

Cyburbian
SGB said:
Your profession was that of a teacher, mathematician or geologist.
If you were any of these things in West Australia in 1150 I would say you were very, very lost!! And you'd probably re-write history too.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Wales around the year 975.
Your profession was that of a entertainer, musician, poet or temple-dancer.
You always liked to travel and to investigate. You could have been a detective or a spy.
Your lesson is to conquer jealousy and anger in yourself and then in those who will select you as their guide. You should understand that these weaknesses are caused by fear and self-regret.
Do you remember now?

Remember what? If only I could remember all the times I've blacked out.:b:

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Central India around the year 1300.
Your profession was that of a preacher, publisher or writer of ancient inscriptions.
Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, which waited until this life to be liberated. Sometimes your environment considered you strange.
Your main task is to make the world more beautiful. Physical and spiritual deserts are just waiting for your touch. Keep smiling!
Do you remember now?

I remember! I remember!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Ireland around the year 1475.
Your profession was that of a artist, magician or fortune teller.
Bohemian personality, mysterious, highly gifted, capable to understand ancient books. With a magician's abilities, you could have been a servant of dark forces.
Your task is to learn, to love and to trust the universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect, and to develop inner wisdom.

Oh nos! I'm destined to join the Dark Side!! wait a minute... I was IRISH? oh well I like irish coffee if that's any use...and I bet I was a magician.. I suck like an artist or fortune teller... :p

donk

Cyburbian
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern USA North-East around the year 1400.
Your profession was that of a handicraftsman or mechanic.
Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to future.
Your lesson is the development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find a good teacher and spend a good part of your time and energy on learning from his wisdom.

Is it odd that most of the women were men and most of the men were women?

Rem

Cyburbian
Hmmm?
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Ontario around the year 975.
You always liked to travel and to investigate. You could have been a detective or a spy.
You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.
Do you remember now?
The self love I understand - for god's sake think of the kittens - everything else, I don't think so.

Rem

Cyburbian
JNL said:
If you were any of these things in West Australia in 1150 I would say you were very, very lost!! And you'd probably re-write history too.
Yes - and spoke with a Dutch accent.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Male.
Around the year 800.
Somewhere near present day Ontario.
Warrior. Executor of Sacrifices.
I should spread my love to people everywhere.

Can you imagine the exectuor of sacrifices being a real, lovey-feely type of guy??

Maybe the dream about the birch forests, the orange-grey snow sky, and the young maiden has some merit...

Floridays

Cyburbian
OMG -- I was a male garbage man!

You were born somewhere in the territory of modern South India around the year 1225.
Your profession was that of a shepherd, horseman or forester.
Person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
You are bound to learn to understand other people and to meet all difficulties of life with a joyful heart. You should help others by bringing them a spirit of joy.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern New Guinea around the year 1050.
Your profession was that of a medic, surgeon or herbalist.
You had the mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Your environment often misunderstood you, but respected your knowledge.
Your lesson is to study, to practice and to use the wisdom that lies within the psychological sciences and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in your present life.
Seems about right to me. ;)

biscuit

Cyburbian
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern North Canada around the year 1675.
Your profession was that of a seaman, cook or carpenter.
Bohemian personality, mysterious, highly gifted, capable to understand ancient books. With a magician's abilities, you could have been a servant of dark forces.
Do you remember now?
I was an evil northern Canadian femal carpenter. OMG! It's all coming back to me now... I believe I might have Dutch as well.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
you were female in your last earthly incarnation.
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern South Australia around the year 600.
Person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Your lesson is to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in higher reasons.
Do you remember now?

NO, TELL ME WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO TO LIVE MULTIPLE TIMES IF YOU ARE NOT ALLAWED TO REMEMBER IT? :)

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
After that cell phone in the you-know-where thread, I was expecting to see more "I was a cell phone in my past life." Maybe "frozen hot dogs" also.

I've never been told who/what I was in a past life. I imagine it wasn't anyone/thing spectacular. I've been struggling to make up for that in this life.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
But ironically the website said I was a designer, architect,craftsman. I am that in this life. Cool.

martini

Cyburbian
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Wales around the year 975.

Your lesson is to conquer jealousy and anger in yourself and then in those who will select you as their guide. You should understand that these weaknesses are caused by fear and self-regret.

Haha, I was a 'dancer'.

Jen

Cyburbian
Life keeps getting better!

-------Your past life diagnosis:
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Greece around the year 1575.
Your profession was that of a teacher, mathematician or geologist.
Do you remember now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I am a relative newbie on this earth? First a man with position, now a female with no position, what's next? a salamander on a rock?

Jeff

Cyburbian
I was a cell phone in my past lives....

I currently play the role of frozen hot dog (for money) time to time.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere in the territory of modern South of Latin America around the year 1300. Your profession was that of a warrior, hunter, fisherman or executor of sacrifices.
You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and you should distribute these feelings to all people.
Do you remember now?

The only thing that I remember from that period is that I was a warrior. Right On! ;-)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern South China around the year 1225.
Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere - politics, business, religion, housekeeping. You could have been a leader.
You are bound to solve problems of pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Do you remember now?

No I don't. I was hoping for porn star.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Big Easy King said:
I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere in the territory of modern South of Latin America around the year 1300. Your profession was that of a warrior, hunter, fisherman or executor of sacrifices.
Meaning that you'd look like this:

The Onas, the southernmost tribe in Latin America. :)

otterpop

Cyburbian
Apparently I was a male alchemist or poison manufacturer from Wales, born around 1550. I liked to travel and investigate and may have been a spy or a detective. What with the possiblity of being a poison manufacturer and liking to travel, it sounds like I could have also maybe been a serial killer or an assassin. Damn, wish I could remember. It sounds a lot more interesting than reviewing subdivisions and making zoning determinations.

Jeff

Cyburbian
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Turkey around the year 1550.
Your profession was that of a farmer, weaver or tailor.
Your lesson is the development and expansion of your mental consciousness.
Find a good teacher and spend a good part of your time and energy on learning from his wisdom.
Do you remember now?

Yeah....expanding the mental conciousness ;)

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Meaning that you'd look like this:

The Onas, the southernmost tribe in Latin America. :)
Right On!!! :D Just look at how pissed off I was as a warrior wearing my kill (I'm no. 2 in line). Back then no human or animal messed with me and got away with it!!! :D

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Male
Ireland - 950

Love this part:

"Bohemian personality, mysterious, highly gifted, capable to understand ancient books. With a magician's abilities, you could have been a SERVANT OF DARK FORCES."

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Northern England around the year 1250.
You are bound to solve problems of pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.

I was a forester... now I OWN a Forester (Subaru)! ;)

How am I supposed to solve environmental problems by "psychological methods"??

biscuit

Cyburbian
Mud Princess said:
How am I supposed to solve environmental problems by "psychological methods"??
Just try not to give that question any conscience thought.