• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Elkington Entertainment Districts

Hey all:

i was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with John Elkington or Performa Entertainment. They do chain-heavy nightlife districts across the country. Our city (Cincinnati) is considering hiring the guy, and all of our research shows this to be a bad idea. Anyone here from Winston-Salem, Shreveport, or Knoxville could tell us firsthand what to expect.

Thanks!

I've never heard of him. What kind of job is the city considering for him? It seems to me that your research may be compelling enough to stand on its own.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I'm in Cincy this week for the IEDC conference (leaving in a couple hours). Nightlife? The restaurants here are very good, but it does not seem like there is a single focal point for nightlife. Isn't that part of what is supposed to be built between the two stadiums on the riverfront? Both the Ohio and Kentucky sides are pretty barren right now.

The people to ask would have been the ones at this conference. After that, I'd simply check with the communities in which he has worked. You may have already done that. People are likely to be hesitant to post comments in apublic forum like this, though.