• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Emergency!!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I am sure the Russian army has not degenerated to the point that it cannot liberate a truck full of alcohol.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Holy Testicle Tuesday, Batman!

Quick Robin, to the Bat Cave! :-D

nerudite

Cyburbian
How much beer is 10 tons of beer? I mean... is it *really* worth a week of salvage efforts in freezing temperatures. Now if it were some good Russian vodka...

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Maybe they should send in these guys.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Where is Homer Simpson and friends from Moe's when you need them. :-b

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
nah...

If you have a problem, if no else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...

...the A-Team.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
Rosar Ice: Slowly fermented in ancient Siberian tanks then chilled to perfection in the Irtysh River.

...and when did McGyver ever rescue something that weighed 10 tons with a paperclip, rubberband, and a mirror?

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
...and when did McGyver ever rescue something that weighed 10 tons with a paperclip, rubberband, and a mirror?

Hey, he could have done it if they would have called him, using a plastic bag, a fishing sinker, a 6ft rope, and a bottle of butane;)

....and when did the A-Team ever shoot somebody and kill them?

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Hey, he could have done it if they would have called him, using a plastic bag, a fishing sinker, a 6ft rope, and a bottle of butane;)

....and when did the A-Team ever shoot somebody and kill them?

You forgot the stick of chewing gum!

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Nothing like using Army resources to save beer. The big kicker is that they left the truck behind. Priorities, I tell ya!

donk

Cyburbian
BiteMeElmo said:
Nothing like using Army resources to save beer. The big kicker is that they left the truck behind. Priorities, I tell ya!

The beer was probably worth more than the truck.

So 10 tons (assuming metric) = 10 000 kilos = 10 000 litres of beer.
Probably a bit more because alchohol is slightly less dense than water.