• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Entry Jobs/Internships

Hi,

I am a recent graduate with a degree in Political Science and minors in Economics and Applied Computer Science, as well as a certificate in Architectural Technology.

I have my eyes set on a number of Masters programs all in the realm of Real Estate Dev., Urban Planning, Urban Economics, Urban Informatics, etc... I am most interested in the development of "Smart Cities".

A number of these programs require at least a couple of years of industry experience. However, many entry level jobs in the AEC industry require undergraduate degrees in those respective fields. I am looking for something that would work with my background, but also would give me a foot in the door of the AEC/Real Estate industries.

Any ideas for types of jobs or types of companies to look for that would work as a good segue from my school experience into post-grad studies in the AEC field?

All advice is welcomed and appreciated!

DVD

Cyburbian
I'm just a simple planner that has been thawed out and put to work in Kansas. Your smart cities and urban economics confuse me, but I'd say find a company that specializes in that and weasel your way into an internship with them. You might have to be a little aggressive to get that interview, but go for it. Now I need to get back on my tractor and out to the fields (don't laugh, my inspector is actually doing that right now).