• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂
  • If you're returning to Cyburbia, your old password should still work with your username. If you can't remember your password, you can reset it here. If your email changed, or you can't get into your account, follow these instructions.

Environmental Planning workplace

In what sort of departments, agencies, and/or non-profits do environmental planners work?
I keep seeing a lot about office and paper work, do they not do any fieldwork?

Everything I'm reading about environmental planning as a whole seems so vague like any and all things "environmental" get tossed in the lump. Maybe it is just that broad a field but it's frustrating trying to figure out just what these planners do exactly and where and for whom they do it.

The One

Cyburbian
We work everywhere

Yup....you'll find us everywhere.....

Me- Non-Profit office fighting poverty
Others:
All levels of the Federal State and Local Government.....transportation, industrial monitoring agencies
Private companies in a 100 types of positions......Phase I, II and III reporting and on and on and on......

as far as field work, I like my friends job at the USDA NRCS since it involves a lot of education. Private consulting to delineate wetlands and doing Phase I, II and III reports would be cool.

Also a ton of field work involved with floodplain management and permitting through the US Army Corps.

Last edited: