• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

"Ex-wife Got Car"

SGB

Cyburbian
The best line in the story is in the ending note about the author:

"He says his wife is not amused by the sign."

Jeff

Cyburbian
I've taken up a somewhat different approach. I've invested in a compact "climbing gun." Its lightweight for the hills and when the car people start to get uppity I just take them out.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I guess it helps that I'm in a fairly small city. Bicyclists don't bother me. Bicyclists going the wrong way in my lane really, really bother me.

Funny what it took for him to get sympathy from other drivers.

jordanb

Cyburbian
When I was little I was taught to ride my bike on the right side of the road. That way you can see oncomming cars because they're not looking out for you. Also, the stuff that guy describes is very common in the suburban area I grew up. Having some teenager blow his horn right behind the when you didn't even know he was there could be very dangerous if you're inexperienced.