• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Examples of zoning ordinances

I am doing a school project and need two specific examples of zoning ordinances. A brief example or two and a few minutes of your time would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Please email me at jbeannie1127@aol.com

Amy G

I am looking for an examples of progressive zoning ordinances for small, waterfront communities (Great Lakes, not rivers). Anyone know of any??

Mary

Are there "brief" zoning ordinances? I remember a few that were shorter than others.

Seriously, What specifially are you looking for. Almost every city/county in the US has a zoning code. (I did say almost) If you want local examples you should call communities around where you live. It may be fastest and would give you samples closer to home for your project.

arin miller

I am also looking for sample zoning or subdivision codes that incorporate aspects of greenspace, water or other resource conservation. If you know of anywhere that might have such a code in existence, particularly in the Great Lakes or Midwest region, please contact me at arinmiller73@hotmail.com .Thank you.