• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Eyeball jewelry

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I wear glasses because I can not put anything in my eyes - not even drops.
No freakin' way... 8-!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Gedunker said:
No freakin' way... 8-!
I'm with you Gedunker. Just looking at that pic makes me squirm.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
major heebie jeebies looking at that pic.....no way anything's going near my eyes...

tsc

Cyburbian
could the piece of crap in their eye be the reason for the nasty bloodshot situation??? :-#

Actually, it just looks like she's got some crap in her eye. The tongue splitting was far more disturbing to me. 8-!

BKM

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:
No freakin' way... 8-!
Absolutely-freakin dittos.

I remember when I was a kid, my optometrist tried to switch me over to contacts. After "failure" he suggested it might work better when I was more "mature.' Hasn't happened, the old buzzard was wrong.

There are people whose correction prescription REQUIRES contacts. Not me, and I've been wearing glasses so long that the vanity issue just doesn't come into play. And, no assembly line doc is going to get a laser anywhere near my eyes. Yucko!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
One question. WHY?

That is just beggin for infection. I wear contacts and they don't bother me, but I think having something surgically impanted into my eye is just crazy.

I won't even have that laser eye thing done because having someone mess around with my eye is just risky and to do it for "fashion" NEVER

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
I saw this on the wire this morning...how ridiculous! It runs about $1300 I think for a 15 minute procedure to place a piece of silver betweem the membrane on the eye and the conjuntiva. Can you say "eye cancer"?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
WTF?

*I can not find a work safe site for the Tounge Splitting thing... but the eye thing is just one more messed up thing that people do...

otterpop

Cyburbian
WTF! Tongue splitting was stupid enough, now people want to potentially mess with their eyesight for fashion. Some people just wanna push the "eww" factor, I guess. Honestly, sometimes I encounter these folks and I can't even look at them. Grosses me out. What's next? How about selective leprosy? These folks striving for physical uniqueness could intentionally get leprosy, and just fall apart slowly to everyone else's dismay.