• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

FAA funding

Budgie

Cyburbian
Has anyone else heard that the FAA share of small airport improvements has increased from 90% to 95%? For small jurisdictions with airports, this really helps our ability to make improvements within our shrinking or static budget. Has anyone got documentation or confirmation of this funding shift? Thoughts about it?

ludes98

Cyburbian
Haven't heard much about it, but is it possible the funds are earmarked for security since most smaller markets don't generate enough traffic to buy those expensive baggage x-ray machines?

Budgie

Cyburbian
My understanding is that this change is for all capital improvements. Land acquisition will still be funded at the existing level, which I think is 80% FAA and 20% City as a reimbursement.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I don't know the policy very well, but I beleive I have heard something similar to what Budgie states.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Perhaps it is in the new Safe-TEA bill passed by the Senate??????? Or the House's bill that is currently under consideration.

jordanb

Cyburbian
Great. And the federal portion of new rail and transit projects continues to plummit. |-)