• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Favorite Day of the Week

Your favorite day of the week?

• Monday

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
I was talking to my mom yesterday and we were talking about our favorite days of the week, and mine is Thursday - for some reason, i'm always soooo happy once thursday gets here. its like "Yay! the weekend starts tomorrow!" and even though fridays are nice, i'm just so much more partial to thursday.

Edit: I'm not adding Saturday or Sunday, since those are givens.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Thursday is always my fave as well. I always leave Fridays for easier stuff to wrap up the week when I'm at work (filing, new application processing, scheduling for next week, etc.)... and I have every other Friday off. So Thursday is the last day of brain-taxing, stress-building work for me on most occasions.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Definitely Thursday. Seems like happy hour is always most fun on Thursdays.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Hmmm...it's tough to decide if Saturday and Sunday aren't there.

Tuesday is hockey day for me, so I guess that would be my favourite day of the week.

All I know is, I don't like Mondays! I wanna Shoot-OooOooOooOooOoot the...whole...day...down.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I do enjoy Thursdays, but Fridays are the best. I love the feeling of knowing that I don't have to work the next day. Plus everyone is in a much better mood.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Fridays.

I get more work done for some reason, I meet the mrs. and kiddies for lunch, and I know I won't be working for The Man in a few hours.

And, last but not least, I get to wear JEANS!

donk

Cyburbian
I am somewhat partial to Mondays. My weekends are either really boring and you can't wait to get to work to have something to do OR so insane and packed full of stuff that going to work is relaxing.

Plus, mondays are never the deadline for anything in our office so I can pretty much work away at things at my own pace.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
I don't like Mondays! I wanna Shoot-OooOooOooOooOoot the...whole...day...down.
OT: Oh man... that's a sticky song from hell! Thanks a lot!!! ;)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Fridays are usually the best for me since there isn't the option for Saturday or Sunday. Fridays mean that you can dress down and wear jeans and be comfy while you work. Plus, that is the day when all the new movies come out to kick off the weekend!

Hmm......I'm partial to Mondays because I play in a tennis league on Monday nights and I look forward to it.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Thursdays are definitely my favorite day of the work-week too. I'm looking forward to the weekend, and CSI on TV.

The main reason I wouldn't pick Friday is because I'm always scrambling to get something finished so I don't forget where I left off on Monday.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I'd have to say Monday, just because it's the day with less classes that I have this semester....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Monday is obviously out, although I am perhaps a bit turned off by the fact that I spent 2.5 hours at the dentist's office today and the novacain is wearing off.

Tuesday is both staff meetings and council meetings.

Wednesday just plain sucks.

Thursday begins the downhill run. It is the last day I usually have meetings scheduled. I am often out of the office a good deal of the next day (work related or other reasons). If the weather is really nice, I'll leave work early.

Friday is often the start of the weekend, and can be lumped in with Saturday and Sunday.

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
My favorite day of the week is Wednesday. I am an assistant coach for a 6th grade dance team and that is the night they practice. It is a lot of fun, and that is also the night I watch Dawson's Creek!!

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Mary Poppins said:
My favorite day of the week is Wednesday. I am an assistant coach for a 6th grade dance team and that is the night they practice. It is a lot of fun, and that is also the night I watch Dawson's Creek!!
It's also the night I'm at Planning Board meetings and she gets the night to herself! :)

BKM

Cyburbian
Friday

Friday is my shortest workday-and I get every other Friday off. :)Plus, I actually like working counter some days.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
im going to be the oddball and say monday-i get to be reminded i have a job thus a paycheck in lean times.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
im going to be the oddball and say monday-i get to be reminded i have a job thus a paycheck in lean times.
Wouldn't Friday (when you get the paycheck) be a better reminder?

JNL

Cyburbian
My favourite day of the week is... pay day! So Wednesday.

Tuesdays are good too because that's when Sex and the City is on TV, which I watch with friends and chocolate :)

ajacks13

Cyburbian
Definitely Thursday.

Monday is...Monday, Tuesday is ZBA night, Wednesday is recovering from ZBA the night before, Thursday is usually the most productive and relaxed day of the week (typically ending at a happy hour/promotional thingie somewhere), and Friday I'm scrambling to get organized so that Monday is less unbearable.

Ditto on the CSI comment for Thursday as well.

If you have direct deposit, it goes in wednesday night. its crazy that every thursday that is payday, the parking lot is packed. i would be highly interested in seeing sick time data comparing pay day to the other days of the pay period.

however, i pay bills ont he monday of pay week, so it is all gone by the time thursday ever gets here. :(

Habanero

Cyburbian
Wednesday, half off at Hooters, staff meeting in the am that takes up all of my morning, Pilates and Spinning class at the gym, paid the next day.

Doesn't get better than that, unles of course it's Saturday and I can sleep in and get happy hour prices that night. :)

JNL

Cyburbian
I have to change my vote, I said Wednesday cos it's pay day, but when I think of the number of times I've sent emails to friends on Fridays with TGIF included somewhere, it's gotta be Friday. And now Friday is here, I feel so relieved!