• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Favorite muppet

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
Mine would have to be Svenska, the swedish chef.

(close behind--Beaker and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
I love Animal! The eagle character was quite fun too. I wish the muppets were still on.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Another vote for Svenska. Bork bork bork!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
dang SGB you got to the Denver joke before me! LOL

That said, Foooooozie Bear

I even had a doll of him when I was a kid.

*Remembering the scene in the Studebaker*
"Bear left, Fozzie" [at the fork in the road]
"Frog right, Kermit!"

donk

Cyburbian
Of all of the muppet characters, including sesame street, I'd have to say Mr. Snufalopogas. I had his doll as a kid, and actually still have it in my keeperchest of things.

From the show, I liked Fozzie, Ralph the dog and gonzo. All pretty much a tie..

Favourite episode had to be spike milligan or the star wars extravaganza or alice cooper or vincent price (scared the hell out of me as a kid)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Another vote for Stattler and Waldorf. Just sitting around observing everyone making smart-a$$ remarks...Kind of like Cyburbanites.

H

Cyburbian
What was the girl muppets name, the one in the band with animal that would always come out from a closet with her hair all messed up? She was cool. I always wanted to meet a girl like her. :-D

otterpop

Cyburbian
My favorite Muppet was definitely Animal. Though I also like Floyd.

Last edited:

steveanne

Huston said:
What was the girl muppets name, the one in the band with animal that would always come out from a closet with her hair all messed up? She was cool. I always wanted to meet a girl like her. :-D

That's Janice, right?... "For surrrrrrrrrrrre!"

donk

Cyburbian
I should add that when I was up to TO, earlier in the summer Tranplanner and I visited a comic bookstore. I was so close to buying the entire electric mayhem band toys it pained me not too. Maybe on this trip.

moose

this must be muppet week....

Oh my gosh.... just this week, my new office mate & mentor and I were reminiscing in Muppetness.... She has a Beaker doll on her desk (matches her computer desktop), and she started playing a .wav of "Menomenah" or whatever that song was that Ralph the Dog sang .

Anyway, my favorite is also Sam the Eagle. Runners up are Beeker, Kermit, and Pepe the Shrimp! ("what do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino? elephino!"). And the penguins.

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
Re: this must be muppet week....

moose said:
Pepe the Shrimp! ("what do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino? elephino!"). And the penguins.
He is not a shrimp, he's a king prawn! (lol-from muppets in space i believe)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Never watched the Muppets; tho, I did see Kermit hosting The Tonight Show. He was one of the best guest hosts. Always enjoyed seeing the guests speaking to him as if he was REAL (guess he was, in a sense...)

H

Cyburbian
Re: Re: this must be muppet week....

ilikefish0 said:
He is not a shrimp, he's a king prawn! (lol-from muppets in space i believe)
he did a series of commercials for either Long John Silver or Captain D's a few years back that were hysterical!! :-D

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
oh come on thats easy for me, im all about Piggy! A good curvy woman with lots of zest and the ability to flirt the pants off a priest ;-) No wait they are into little boys (doh!)

Tom R

Cyburbian
muppets

I have to go with Animal, but the sax player was cool too. Even though he played only one note.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Sam, the eagle. My wife thinks I look like him and even kept a picture of him on our fridge for the longest time.

martini

Cyburbian
<------Well, look at my avatar. Animal is a very close second though.

Bork bork bork!

biscuit

Cyburbian
I had forgotten about Peppe. Those commercials for Captain D's were funny.

Another great Muppet character that no one has mentioned is Rizzo the Rat.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Muppets? never saw them much... or at least my selective memory decided to delete that memory ;)
I'll go with Kermit...

Habanero

Cyburbian
I have to choose just one? I grew up loving Gonzo (I was actually so scared of Miss Piggy), but now that i think of it, Rizzo is kinda cute, as is Pepe.

I've got a few of the movies. I love the Muppets (even the Fraggles).

carlomarx

Cyburbian
the Sax player's name was zoot.

My fave is Rolf the dog too. "You can't live with'em, you can't live without'em... there's somethin irresistibl-ish about'em..."

donk

Cyburbian
hab stated
I've got a few of the movies.
I still have a vinyl copy of the soundtrack of the muppet movie I got as a kid. I think the poster is still in it too.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
As you can tell by my handle, my favorite muppet to hate is Elmo. I hear that voice and I want to put my foot through the TV. My favorite muppet would either be Beaker (always funny when innocents get hurt, comedically speaking), or the rats you used to see running around in the background backstage. They were just so damn funny to watch.