• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Favourite Thread of the Year

Which was your favourite thread of 2002?

• Haiku Contest

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Real Picture

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Relationship Advice

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Planner Girls Love Life

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • MarryTheresa Visits Cyburbia

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • The ever popular Other that i will explain below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
This was tough....the Plannergirl and relationship advice threads were hilarious, but I went with the real picture thread, since I found it to be strangely theraputic to put faces to usernames.

donk

Cyburbian
Sorry PG.

These were selected exclusively by the number of responses, just because Dan's and PG's love lives are so interesting to all says something about the board. The other write in should be any thread that deals with killing kittens.

You can tell its a slow day here, just checked out our
favourite single girl's web page and she is pregneant. Time for a new pool on when the baby's due.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
favourite single girl's and she is pregneant. Time for a new pool on when teh baby's due.
ACCK! Oh I pity the poor b*stard that knockerd her up! He'sin for a life of co-dependent H*LL!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Those Willies are like loaded guns! Will people never learn?

Cyburbia's Who's the Daddy? Contest

There is some resemblance to our man Prudence. Note the brow. ;)

In my best Mr. T - I pity da fool.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
That real pictures thread was great. I missed it the 1st time around. In another thread I predicted that in 2003 cyburbia users would meet and be disappointed at eachother's appearances, but let me assure you this is one gorgeous group!

I . . . um. . . don't have any pix handy but I kind of look like a cross between the Rock and Brad Pitt with the charm of Pierce Brosnan.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Seabishop said:
I . . . um. . . don't have any pix handy but I kind of look like a cross between the Rock and Brad Pitt with the charm of Pierce Brosnan.
I smell a photoshop challenge!

Ah... so many to choose from, but really, my favorite day on cyburbia was the MarryTheresea day. hee!

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Not fair....we *have* to see the pic's now!!

I liked the relationship thread, since I am known for always trying to pimp out my single friends :)

NHPlanner

Staff member
bturk said:

I smell a photoshop challenge!
[hijack]
Not my best effort...but it was a quck search to find Seabishop's pic....
[/hijack]

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Good Work! That's pretty much me. I'm pretty intimidating to developers around here.

I guess I should come clean soon. No pix here at work.

Habanero

Cyburbian
You know, I don't like wraslin, but that Rock guy was pretty hot in that lame movie, even if his thighs rub together. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
You know, I don't like wraslin, but that Rock guy was pretty hot in that lame movie, even if his thighs rub together. :)
Ewwww... that whole big muscly thing isn't my deal. The Rock is yucky in my book... and I *never* understood the whole Fabio appeal.

Did we ever have a thread about what celebs we like? I can't remember... I know I had one about teenage crushes, but nothing about recent celebs comes to mind.

NHPlanner

Staff member
nerudite said:
Did we ever have a thread about what celebs we like? I can't remember... I know I had one about teenage crushes, but nothing about recent celebs comes to mind.
That's your cue....start a new one.....

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Ewwww... that whole big muscly thing isn't my deal.
Yep, the Rock is a little too much...but I personally *love* cornfed men.

My idea of cornfed is around 6',1, 190#. Websters define cornfed as "rustically wholesome ". Could possibly go along with the whole rugged thing ay?

And you know, I can't remember a celebrity thread...

jmf

Cyburbian
I agree with NHPlanner it was nice to put a face to the name and at the time I was delinquent so I will try now.

BTW, I refused to be one of those brides in white floofiness so.....

jmf

Cyburbian
THANKS - Just a small wired bouquet of blue iris. For flowers I only had those, a few tulips in the house (we were married in our backyard in May) and buckets of forsythia from our garden. Our wedding, in my mind, was meant to be inexpensive, low-key, fun and OURS.

By coincidence, our caterer brought tons of purple and yellow pansies to go around the food (did you know they are edible) - it went perfectly with the flowers I had bought!

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
BTW, I refused to be one of those brides in white floofiness so.....
You know...I just *HAD* to have the big white floofiness, and it was a complete pain in the rear end. Was it just this past May? Congrats!!

That could always be our next thread "post wedding pic's" - I think we've seen some of Tim's, and maybe some others - sorry, forgot who :(

I would, but don't want to be the only one as who knows what the photoshoppers would do....I've already been a McDonald Employee and the girl from Flashdance.....

NHPlanner

Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
You know...I just *HAD* to have the big white floofiness, and it was a complete pain in the rear end. Was it just this past May? Congrats!!

That could always be our next thread "post wedding pic's" - I think we've seen some of Tim's, and maybe some others - sorry, forgot who :(

I would, but don't want to be the only one as who knows what the photoshoppers would do....I've already been a McDonald Employee and the girl from Flashdance.....
Digging up past threads:

Tranplanner wedding: http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1921&highlight=wedding

from the same thread...the link to Mine: http://www.geocities.com/crimsonghost58/wedpics.html

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Awww!! I *heart* wedding pictures! Everyone always looks so durn happy :D

Darnit, I new it was Tranplanner, but didn't want to screw it up.

Hey! Why did they never turn you guys into a McDonalds employee????

Cardinal

Cyburbian
jmf said:
THANKS - Just a small wired bouquet of blue iris. For flowers I only had those, a few tulips in the house (we were married in our backyard in May) and buckets of forsythia from our garden. Our wedding, in my mind, was meant to be inexpensive, low-key, fun and OURS.

By coincidence, our caterer brought tons of purple and yellow pansies to go around the food (did you know they are edible) - it went perfectly with the flowers I had bought!
Nasturtiums are edible too. People always wonder why I have them in the vegetable garden. They are great on a salad - a little spicy tasting.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
donk said:
favourite single girl's web page and she is pregneant. Time for a new pool on when the baby's due.
I think we ought to pitch in and buy her something. She's on the Lullaby Club registry at Target, registered as "Theresa Billboard."

She won't look like this much longer.

donk

Cyburbian
I pledge 1 american dollar ( a weeks salary) for tubal ligation.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Dan said:
I think we ought to pitch in and buy her something. She's on the Lullaby Club registry at Target, registered as "Theresa Billboard."
UMMMMM. Did you pull that from her web site, or are you really scary?

NHPlanner

Staff member
SW MI Planner said:
Awww!! I *heart* wedding pictures! Everyone always looks so durn happy :D

Darnit, I new it was Tranplanner, but didn't want to screw it up.

Hey! Why did they never turn you guys into a McDonalds employee????
I don't know why, Christine...perhaps because we would return the favor?

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Hmmm...good possibility...

The only photo type program I have is ArcSoft Photo Studio, and I barely know how to use it. So I guess I will just be nice and leave well alone :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
Yep, the Rock is a little too much...but I personally *love* cornfed men.
I love big guys, even though he's a little bigger than my norm (and much shorter), I still find him attractive in a dumb jock sort of way... and in that role he was saving the girl- I like a hero!