• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Signs / billboards Feather banners and flags

Gedunker

Moderating
We currently ignore them, but once our new ordinance goes effective, we will regulate them as temporary signs. On site for 30 days, off site the following 90 days. $150 fee for each 30-day temporary permit.

This is supposing the CC does not amend the proposed ordinance.:h:

DVD

Cyburbian
I'm not sure since we have a sign division that handles that stuff and it's not my problem, but as you can see from the pictures I sent you we tend to ignore them.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
If they have advertising/commercial speech on them or are purely for attention getting, we consider them signs and strictly prohibit them as 'animated signs'.

If they are actual flags of a nation or government service org, then they are exempt from our code and we leave them be.

Also...I hate sign regulation and enforcement. :D

Otis

Cyburbian
If they have advertising/commercial speech on them or are purely for attention getting, we consider them signs and strictly prohibit them as 'animated signs'.

If they are actual flags of a nation or government service org, then they are exempt from our code and we leave them be.

Also...I hate sign regulation and enforcement. :D
I have opened the Pandora's box of our sign ordinance, in part to deal with these feather banners. I decided to do it now because I am retiring soon and they can't run me out of my office as I have already submitted my resignation. Signs are a nasty subject.

shell_waster

Cyburbian
My jurisdiction defines them as sail signs meaning a piece of cloth, varying in size, shape, color, and design, attached at one edge to a staff or cord for the entire vertical length of the cloth, and used as a means of conveying a message.
In the mixed use and industrial zoning districts my jurisdiction allows one freestanding sail sign up to 16 square feet in sign area may be displayed per tenant. No sail sign shall exceed 16 feet in height, as measured from ground level at the point where its base is mounted.

It gets rather unsightly on multi-tenant shopping center properties but this is what my council wanted to allow.

Otis

Cyburbian
My jurisdiction defines them as sail signs meaning a piece of cloth, varying in size, shape, color, and design, attached at one edge to a staff or cord for the entire vertical length of the cloth, and used as a means of conveying a message.
In the mixed use and industrial zoning districts my jurisdiction allows one freestanding sail sign up to 16 square feet in sign area may be displayed per tenant. No sail sign shall exceed 16 feet in height, as measured from ground level at the point where its base is mounted.

It gets rather unsightly on multi-tenant shopping center properties but this is what my council wanted to allow.
Thanks. That's useful.