• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Feeling mischevious?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I just stumbled on this bulletin board.

I don't expect that board to get much activity, given the subject matter, but maybe we could help.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Oh my. This could be fun. Lets all create alter egos (no using your Cyburbai names) and see if we can guess who each other is!

Ok - i'm registered. everyone go register and we'll start playing the guess who game! woo hoo!

nerudite

Cyburbian
This is the Houston APA... why do they bother putting a board called 'zoning' up? Just for the laugh factor? :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
nerudite said:
This is the Houston APA... why do they bother putting a board called 'zoning' up? Just for the laugh factor? :)
Here's a rare look at the Houston zoning map.

For those of you not familiar with some of the quirks of planning in the US, Houston, Texas is known for having no zoning regulations. Lessez faire land use, baby ... you want it, you build it!

Houston does have their sprawl under control, though.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I registiered but it wont let me reply to topics or start new threads. WTF?

SGB

Cyburbian
I have no clue who is playing who at the Houston forum, but it makes for hysterical reading!

Keep up the fun work, gang!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
As i site here blowing off the prep for my hell night, I'm in tears with laughter! Thanks folks - I needed it!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
It would be more mischievous - errr fun - if we could post pics out there.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
bturk said:

But it could be worse - it could be like the Wisocnsin APA site:
Oh my...I forgot how horrible that board was....someone should forward them the vBulletin web address.

If you look closely, you can see Michael Stumpf giving a plug for cyburbia. That post led me to you guys and my life has never been the same. ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
jtfortin said:

If you look closely, you can see Michael Stumpf giving a plug for cyburbia. That post led me to you guys and my life has never been the same. ;)
Jeff - that post of Mike's is a friggin' smoking gun. The wrong person sees it and links to Cyburbia and the party's over!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
OH SH*T!

The webmaster logged on! I think we've been discovered!

Habanero

Cyburbian
Bturk- you never answered Kel, and I want to know too-

do you think the mod logged on because there was so much activity? If we all get booted- I say we fess up to who we are-

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
TexasPlanner said:
Bturk- you never answered Kel, and I want to know too-
We've got to get a critical mass of people out there before we reveal secrets, don't ya think? I dunno. planning hookah sounds like PlannerGirl to me.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Hmmm.... been more than ten minutes and no response from the web site. I think we've been discovered. There's only one thing to do. We need to fess up. It was all Mugbub's idea.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
bturk said:
But it could be worse - it could be like the Wisocnsin APA site:
Oh. My. God.

The following is the SUBJECT line for one of the messages posted there. It contains every property rights kook cliche in the book, and a few new ones to boot.

You can bash all the people you want who appose smartgrowth but I bet you know nothing about who or what is behind this tool to destroy property rights and our Nation. Sounds like you are one of these environmentalists with tunnel vision and have been brainwashed by slick talking politicians. You probably fall for all that environmental hype on one year its global warming and next year its global cooling. Well if things keep going in the direction they are you can look forward to your grandchildren living in clustered HUD housing surrounded by Forest of green that will be off limits to all. I am sure you are holding the course you are on with this smartgrowth issue because it provides you with job security and maybe will allow you to climb the ladder of politics or give you some pleasure of power, pomp and a sense of belonging. What ever your misguided goals are I want to let you know that Marilyn is common folk trying to protect what our forefathers had in mind when they said life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness. You should also respect the rights of others to speak their mind on all issues concerning property rights and freedoms. I respect yours even though I don’t agree with them. I am not going to bash you to make myself look good or my opinions right. I will however lead you to my web site so you can become better informed about how our government for over the past 50 years have been manipulating, lying and deceiving the American taxpayers and using environmental groups and the environment to gain control of private property. Go to www.freedomcounts.com/ Remember if we all thought like you do another Hitler would pop up and have a field day with us. Hey whenever your taxes go up ask yourself if it could have anything to do with government removing more property from the tax rolls? We have just started rebuilding our web site so stop back often to further your education on smartgrowth and other freedom issues. Good luck from FREEDOMCOUNTS
I guess the black helicopters fly low in Wisconsin, huh?

nerudite

Cyburbian
You guys are too funny... I go away for a couple of hours and look what happens!

I like the saloons and dungeons as home occupations. LOL!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
nerudite said:
I like the saloons and dungeons as home occupations. LOL!
There actually was a dungeon being operated by a dominatrix as a home occupation in Brown Deer, Wisconsin. She got busted though.

Heres the story

My favorite quote:
"I think she takes more responsibility than she should," said Parthum, who noted that neighbors spotted Richard Ugan mowing his lawn in a G-string.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Well at least we have the record fo rmost users ever online on that board.