• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Fill in the blank.....

Jeff

Cyburbian
You know you're a Cyburbia geek when.....

you know what only one post every 60 seconds means.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
(autobiographical)

you're the #2 poster, just after the administrator....

SGB

Cyburbian
you don't just have the forums bookmarked; they are your homepage!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
you tell more secrets to your buds here than many of the people you interact with every day

you know fellow cyburbia folks real names, dogs/cats names, partners names etc-and you have never met

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dan let you run it while he was out.

You consider upgrading your photo suite for board usage. The one you have at work is fine for work, but doesn't cut the mustard for Cyburbia.

You reply to bTurks posts in your sleep.

You can count on some of your fellow posters more than family.

You know more personal things about your fellow posters than family.

You don't know which is more disfunctional or fun, your board pals or real family.

The code for Bold and Italic flow like you grew up writing code.

You begin to miss people here if they are gone a week. However, you haven't heard from your grandmother in a year.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
You move over 500 posts from the old bulletin boards to the forums.

You've logged on to the forums from 6 different computers in the same weekend.

You eagerly await the next hapless photo to be photoshopped.

You spend time in the "who's online" page waiting for someone to post a reply to a thread...any thread.

More cyburbians have seen your wedding photos than friends and family.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
It has replaced coffee as the first thing you reach for at work.

You ask Cyburbia members planning-related questions before you would consider asking a co-worker

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Your wife asks more about what happened on Cyburbia than she does your day at work....because it's more interesting. :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:
You reply to bTurks posts in your sleep.
HEE. The other day I dreamed that I met El Guapo, and he was a scrawy 110 lb. 5' tall acne-scared hispanic man. What a trip!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
You live in fear of the IT police busting you for being logged into Cyburbia during your entire work day...

You start getting upset when there are no new posts after about a minute.

Jen

Cyburbian
I wonder why my post count lags far behind some newbies?

Jeff

Cyburbian
Jen said:
I wonder why my post count lags far behind some newbies?
You're slackin'

(damn one post every 60 seconds rule....can I get a waiver of this?)

donk

Cyburbian
I don't think I can add anything that has not already been said

1) checking from home, on vacation
2) Like people here more then people you meet face to face.
3) Asking advice here.
4) Helping people pick pets.
5) have had the 60 second thing a few times.
6) Learned photoshop/illustrator just to be able to play.
7) During haiku week actually responded to requests in haiku.
8) Personal messaged people things, completely non planning related, because they thought they might be interested.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
You shock yourself by realizing you have 75 posts in only 2 months. God help me, this new addiction is shaping up like some Alice in Chains song.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
You consider moving back to the east coast because the board is damn near dead the last two hours of the day...

donk

Cyburbian
You know that journey mouse is a she.
You miss muggie, for all of his positivitity.
You justify that time spent here as it improves your frame of mind when dealing with the public.
You have stayed after work to follow a thread because the day of posts has been particularily funny or to work on photoshop.

nerudite

Cyburbian
...you make jokes to friends about killing kittens, and they stare at you with a strange look on their face.

Habanero

Cyburbian
You have "what happened on Cyburbia today" stories- and no one else understands them.

You have a spotless screen, only because you have to clean it after you spew whatever it was you were drinking all over it after reading one of the hilarious posts.

You spend countless hours looking for the right avatar during a special avatar week.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Let me add another...

You not only know what it means, but you are desperately posting to be a member of the 1,000 Clube.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Planderella said:
You get pissed when you fall off the top ten posters list.
Get a nice government job. Ask muggie for a reference. Then you can post like there is no tomorrow!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
oh jezz i joined in late march and im over 980 posts-number 7 in the list of high posters.

i check the boards like its dope, if i wake up in the middle of the night...off to Cyburbia i go!

i talk about Trixies and Chads and most folks dont have a clue.

i make time on my vacations to meet the great Dan Tasman our glorious leader.

sigh i need professional help!

JNL

Cyburbian
you log on as soon as you get to work because it's the only overlap time you get with other cyburbanites who are finishing work for the day (it's 8:20am right now)

Jeff

Cyburbian
.....you get excited because you started a thread which spans 2 pages in less than 12 hours.

nerudite

Cyburbian
You think of a hopping squirrel and giggle any time you hear or see the word "whee".

Michael Stumpf said:
Let me add another...

You not only know what it means, but you are desperately posting to be a member of the 1,000 Clube.
Yes, we are a very exclusive Clube. hee!

nerudite said:
You think of a hopping squirrel and giggle any time you hear or see the word "whee".
And then start singing in your head:
Gonads and Strife
Gonads and Stife
Gonads and Striiiiiiiiiife!

WHEEE!

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
The first thing you do after you get either pissed off, or elated, is post it on cyburbia and hope there's someone out there that would understand.

nerudite

Cyburbian
KMateja said:

And then start singing in your head:
Gonads and Strife
Gonads and Stife
Gonads and Striiiiiiiiiife!

WHEEE!
Exactly! Or... to be even worse. I shared that little gem with my b.f. (it's sad how we rope our significant others into here, huh???)... and a few weeks afterwards he bought some type of deodorant that the scent was "lightning"... so for awhile he would sing:

Armpits in the lighting, in the lightning!

Cyburbia has even affected my loved ones.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
You see this and instantly think of El Guapo (this guy has 2 more...one on the street and one that he takes to work)

el Guapo

Capitalist
jtfortin said:
You see this and instantly think of El Guapo (this guy has 2 more...one on the street and one that he takes to work)
[ot]The one on the left is an '85 244 GL. Note the left rear mud flap. Common failure.

The one on the right is a '84 - 244 Turbo - DL.

This could be my long lost twin brother. He has afterall sought out the land of Volvo's and Beer.[/ot]

Repo Man

Cyburbian
One of his neighbors is complaining becuase they think he is renting out his house to college students. I think that he just has a lot of Volvos so it appears that many people are living there. Maybe you could help explain "Volvo Obsession" to them. My brother is somehow afflicted with the sameVolvo Obsession, but he is currently without Volvo, but is activly seeking one...

When you read the Mummer's Parade was cancelled due to weather, you immediately thought of poor mike d'vuono.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
You think of dead kittens when you.....ahem......

el Guapo

Capitalist
Tolerance

All of a sudden you realize that the other person may have a point about a cherished view you hold. Thus conservatives understand liberals better, and liberals understand conservatives better. But you go away still knowing they are WRONG about everything else!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
jtfortin said:
One of his neighbors is complaining becuase they think he is renting out his house to college students. I think that he just has a lot of Volvos so it appears that many people are living there. Maybe you could help explain "Volvo Obsession" to them. My brother is somehow afflicted with the sameVolvo Obsession, but he is currently without Volvo, but is activly seeking one...
Discussions of Volvo Obsessions turn to discussions of Vulva Obsessions

nerudite

Cyburbian
You are sitting around on a friday afternoon thinking "it's 2:45 in Wisconsin right now... I wonder if bturk will hit 2000 today?"

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
nerudite said:
You are sitting around on a friday afternoon thinking "it's 2:45 in Wisconsin right now... I wonder if bturk will hit 2000 today?"
Oh Baby! A goal!

Jeff

Cyburbian
You sit around saying....damn we got 47 online right now....on 41 to go for the new record baby!!

donk

Cyburbian
you say something on board and are threatened to have PG or one of her friends chastise you.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
donk said:
you say something on board and are threatened to have PG or one of her friends chastise you.
Don't you post things here in the hopes that PG or one of her friends will chastise you? Maybe I've been under the wrong impression. ;-)