• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Fine Arts Programs

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I have been working with our fine arts board, and I was wondering if any one has information of other arts programs for cities of about 80,000 (class 3 city). Our board has not done all that much, but one part we do like is a required 1% Fine Arts Contribution for all development with in a redevelopment areas. But, our city is still lacking in a lot of the Art works, with in the city.

BKM

Cyburbian
My employer (City of Fairfield, California-population 102,000) has a somewhat active public arts program. We have a development fee for "urban design" projects that can incoporate public art, and the Cordelia/Green Valley area of our city has a, I believe, a 1% fee. We've had a few projects, some city-sponsored and others directly provided by the developer.

Check out the Community Services section of our website at www.ci.fairfield.ca.us

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Our urban design department has a proactive public arts program...I can't remember what the criteria is for developer contributions. We're a much larger city though.

Bullwinkle

Cyburbian
Check out the City of Boise Arts Commission. Boise is a little bit larger than your city, but they have done some really nice projects. The City recently adopted a requirement that 1.4% of some capital projects be dedicated to public art.