• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Fiscal impact analysis how-to?

allez

Cyburbian
We could really benefit from a fiscal impact analysis tool, but we don't have the funds to pay a consultant and our staff is very limited. I know the basic premise of FIA but have never done one. Does anyone have advice for learning to do a basic analysis myself? Any open source software out there? Good online resources? We do have a good GIS department that I know would be willing to help in whatever way they could.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
PM me with your email and I'll send you a spreadsheet model I put together a few years ago. You'll more than likely need to create your own, but this should give you some ideas.

Reactions: Dan

I Rockaway

I know this post is a few years old, but was wondering if Cardinal still would be willing to share this spreadsheet w/ me?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I know this post is a few years old, but was wondering if Cardinal still would be willing to share this spreadsheet w/ me?
He still checks in from time to time, so hopefully he'll be by soon.