• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Five Things Friday

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
1. I've had to do a lot more of the administrative part of job the past month
2. Doesn't mean the planning part has gone away
3. The Almost Famous of Tiny Dancer is a great version
4. Supposedly going to New Orleans tomorrow
5. We will see if it happens.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. watching the dog when he's dreaming is hilarious
2. nice little downtown concert event last night & the rain held off until we started loading everything at the end
3. food truck ran out of food last night
4. going to enjoy the mountains this weekend
5. anyone wanna buy a fire station?

kms

Cyburbian
1. I’m off today and moving at my own pace, which happens to be very slow.
2. Our little downtown also had concerts in the street last night and the rain held off.
3. My car needs front brakes and rotors.
4. I often intend to walk up the street for breakfast or lunch, but decide that I can make something at home instead.
5. There are many musically talented people who never make the big time, or are simply content to play around town. And our town has an American Idol contestant, which I only know because someone told me. She sang last night and is very good.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
1. I was on a business trip and traveled back yesterday, so I missed Three Things Thursday.
2. My dog missed me terribly while I was gone, and was so happy when I came home.
3. I get every other Friday off. This is not the one. :\
4. Something.
5. Something (see #1 above.)

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
1.) Considering buying the 153 year old house I am living in and making a long term commitment to my job and town
2.) Disappointed in Iceland today.
3.) Doing my first Brick workout tomorrow; A 1 mile swim and 40 mile bike ride
4.) Going to see some live Shakespeare this weekend
5.) 4 days of rain is finally coming to an end here.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) I would love to buy a 153 year old house... wife would feel the opposite though.
2) I am enjoying the heat.
3) I need to deposit a check but the electronic deposit feature from my Credit Union is not working and I really don't want to go to the bank.
4) Not sure what I want for dinner but I am hungry. I just realized that the last time I ate anything was at 5:30 PM... yesterday.
5) Found out that my house is in the top 5% for energy efficiency in the area. :D

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
1) I would love to buy a 153 year old house... wife would feel the opposite though.
Heh...it needs some work for sure. Gotta settle some things with the owner/my landlord first. Can't beat it though, its 3 blocks from my office and it really feels like home to me.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. A former coworker unexpectedly died this week
2. There's jelly donuts in the break room
3. I need to buy a new wardrobe but can ill afford to
4. Too hot this weekend to do much in the way of outdoor fun
5. Maybe a trip to the lake is in order

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1. A former coworker unexpectedly died this week
Who? (You can call or text my cell phone or PM)

1) As of 12:30 I will break my 42 hour fast with a bullet proof coffee followed by lunch. My ketones and insulin were where I wanted them to be this morning when I got up and I will be going to the gym right before I break my fast to take advantage of the growth hormone that is released at this point. I also dropped 3% body fat since June 1 while maintaining current weight. I feeling freaking awesome this morning!
2) We will be getting up early to spend 1/2 day playing in the ocean tomorrow. Then I build a deck.
3) One of the guys in my men's group at church is a bit out there with alternative biblical theories. It was a fascinating conversation last night.
4) My to-do list for today is actually manageable.
5) My oldest lost a tooth yesterday and I think he saw my wife swap out the tooth for $$ in this little tooth box that we have. He has not asked about it, but I could hear him check the box a few minutes after she returned to bed. He is 9 1/2 so I am wondering when it is time to let him know...

Planit

Cyburbian
1. The marathon of night meetings is over (for now). :)
2. Camping for the weekend with 7 or 8 other couples. Going to enjoy the cool(er) mountain air. :p
3. I have still not been able to break in the new grill (see #1). That disappoints me, but I gave my old grill to a nephew. :not:
4. Mrs. P needs/wants a new job. Burnout has hit the present one. :-o
5. I think I'm only working all day Tuesday and Thursday morning next week. :h:

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Had a job interview this morning. Fingers crossed!

2) Hubby has weekend work, so I don't have to cook for 2 nights!

3) Dog is super lazy in this heat. She wants to go out and sunbathe, but she doesn't last long.

4) Should probably go see the parentals next week . . .

5) Had an interview earlier in the week that didn't seem to go well.

Michele Zone

BANNED
1. Just learned I am not the only Cyburbia who fasts periodically.
2. This month, I was confirmed as the new webmaster (very, very, very part time position) for a local organization that does community development-ish type work. :h:
3. I'm also the Chair of their Coordinating committee. ;)
4. This week, I finally read through the 98 page handbook for the Main Street America program that I have had for a few weeks.
5. I adore this small town so much more than I expected to when I moved up here.

Jen

Cyburbian
Losing track of the days is it really friday?

1. FInally a break in the heat with temps stayin in the 70's today (they promised)
  2. Taking two cats to the vet today, annual checkup but the vet will want to upcharge for extra serices I'm sure.
  3. THinking of cancelling my newspaper subscription, it's rehashed news and where did all the local reporters feature writers go to anyway. SIck of the dumbshit articles, where's my favorite food writer, the movie guy, the editorial page?
  4. I resubscribed to Kaspersky, sorry comrades but i've roamed the internet trouble free for the last 3 years I'll take it!
  5. I'm going to Jacksonville in August what's wrong with me?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) There is an indian restaurant that opened up that is too far to go to lunch, but close enough for dinner. However, no one else in my family will eat indian food other than me.
2) The temp might only be in the 70's tomorrow. Major difference from the 90+ we have had every day for a while now. It will be a great day to get some outdoor work finished up.
3) On the 4th at the fireworks we learned that our middle son with autism was the most popular kindergarten student at his school last year. Time and time we heard "Oh my son or daughter loves your son and he heard all about him" at least 10 times.
4) I sprayed for bugs around the house and came across a substantial wolf spider nest. The body (not including the legs) was the size of a quarter.
5) If I get another development where the developer does not include a road name petition, I am going to issue names using characters from movies, starting with Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and the Incredibles.

kms

Cyburbian
1. Crestfallen - how I felt when our intern told me she didn't get her paycheck at the exact time my lunch was delivered.
2 Euloogally - the way my son pronounced "eulogy", or a word that means "telling lies from the pulpit about a recently deceased woman that makes her appear far nicer than she really was".
3. Disappointed - when the afternoon meeting that's in my postal code was postponed until next week, so I have to fight traffic this afternoon.
4. Famished - see #1.
5. Fatigued - this week has been a little trying

The Terminator

Cyburbian
-Paid off all my debt yesterday, yay!!!
-I need another Volvo wagon now
-I have been losing weight for the past few weeks since starting a new Adult AD(h)D medicine, yay.
-I need to learn Spanish
-I am on a big later Mick Taylor era stones kick, with Its only Rock n' Roll and Goats Head Soup on heavy rotation.

Michele Zone

BANNED
1. It's Friday the Thirteenth!
2. Breakfast sandwich and Fries at BK this a.m. was only so so.
3. The breakfast sandwiches are better at McDonald's, but I didn't feel like walking that far and they don't do fries until like 10:30 a.m.
4. It was actually sort of hot here yesterday. Today, it is back to overcast and cool.
5. This is the cutest little town.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Sleep cycle is in disarray
2. Looks like I need to hit the grocery store on the way home - ugh Friday after work crowd
3. It's sad when you hold a downtown merchants meeting to discuss the big project and there's more staff than merchants to show up
4. I've been procrastinating for no real reason on getting my car inspected
5. I usually walk down to the courthouse square during the day, but lately its been way too hot to do

The Terminator

Cyburbian
1. I may have a line on two promising 1989 Volvo 245 Wagons, both Manual and hopefully in better shape than the '90 I looked at this week. Fingers crossed!
2. My cousin is in the hospital, stroke complications. Im going to see him later.
3. Im going to a really cool show in the Bronx tomorrow, a DIY on the DL type of affair ;)
4. My mom is going to Georgia this week, I want her to bring me back some MARTA Maps!
5. Ive been wearing a wrist brace at work for mild carpal tunnel symptoms and its been helping allot!

kms

Cyburbian
1. Someone told me a blatant lie about an observation I made during an inspection. They had ample opportunity to make sure I didn’t see what I saw, which puzzled me more than the lie.
2. Bonus lie: someone told a municipal official that I approved something for him yesterday. I’ve had no contact with this guy in years.
3. It’s probably a good thing that I enjoy human nature, and think those things are funny.
4. I met an interesting, old history professor today. We’re going to work on a project together.
5. It’s been a pretty good day.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) House sold (closed and funded) yesterday.

2) Now I need to find a job.

3) Afternoon rains have helped lower the evening temps, but the unpredictability of the storm level is frustrating.

4) I hope to hear back from an old friend soon - she moved close enough to visit on a weekend, and I want to arrange such a visit.

5) I need to wash my car, but I hate taking the time to do it.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
  • Big gas leak in our downtown in a major intersection today. I can smell it 3 large blocks away.
  • Good thing I walked to work today.
  • My dad and nephew as here this weekend for an extended family member's HS grad party tomorrow.
  • Its a beautiful day today here in NEOH.
  • I'm still reeling from the beauty of the Upper Great Lakes region.

Attachments

Bubba

Cyburbian
1. I have a report to get out the door today - it's at 90% complete - hopefully the second cup of coffee I'm going to pour after hitting the "submit reply" button gets me focused enough to finish it by noon...
2. ...which would allow me to RJ out this afternoon and do some yard work (weather permitting)...
3. ...which would allow me to relax a bit more on Saturday.
4. There's a good training opportunity later this year for one of my folks that tracks perfectly with some new duties I was able to pass off to her last week, and it's the only time it's offered until the middle of 2019...
5. ...and it's being held in Hawaii - yeah...that's going to be an easy sell up the chain of command. :not:

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Applied for a job today!

2) Now to look for a new local GP and also new eye doctor.

3) Found a dentist and of course they are located in the same strip center as one of my favorite places to eat . . .

4) It was 107 yesterday and they say it'll be 109 today. And tomorrow could be 110! I think it'll be a do-nothing-outdoors weekend.

5) What's going on next door? Lots of contractors, lots of noise, but interior only so I can't see the work.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
1. I hate computer program updates.
2. Taken forever to find things again
3, Good weekend to stay inside
4. Just like when I lived up north, except the inside season got flipped
5. The Lost City of the Monkey God is a pretty good book so far.

Michele Zone

BANNED
1. Being Top Bitch (TM) in some business forum may finally be paying off. It's only taken 9 years. :not:
2. I have login credentials! Hu-uh!
3. Might be patching things over with a friend. Hu-uh!
4. I have friends? Since when did that happen?
5. TGIF!

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Received thanks-but-no-thanks email from small town. Not surprised, as I left that interview thinking "that was a waste of my time".

2) Applied to a dark side position. Long shot, but it looks like a fun position.

3) My sister has moved in with my parents. Good idea - yeah or nay? - time will tell.

4) No plans this weekend, but heading to 1/2 price day at the museum next week!

5) I don't know what to cook for dinner tonight. We cleaned out leftovers last night, so I know I actually have to cook.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. This has been one long week
2. This has been one motherin' long week
3. Felt like yesterday should have been Friday
4. I plan to rest up this weekend
5. This has been a looooong week.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Vacation in the UP edition

1. As we drove past I waved to Bay De Noc and thought of BUN.
2. Survived 2 nights camping with Itty Bitty.
3. Hubby ate 2 pasties. He preferred the breakfast one smothered with gravy.
4. I may have emotionally scarred Itty Bitty with a visit to the Shipwreck Museum and a story about a sailor who was blown sky-high in a boat explosion and landed in the frigid water only to suffer severe facial nerve damage and was never able to smile again. Not a good story for a 5 year old. Lesson learned.
5. Drove over The Mighty Mac and took a boat ride under it as well.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
4. I may have emotionally scarred Itty Bitty with a visit to the Shipwreck Museum and a story about a sailor who was blown sky-high in a boat explosion and landed in the frigid water only to suffer severe facial nerve damage and was never able to smile again. Not a good story for a 5 year old. Lesson learned.
Please tell me they've stopped playing "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" on the speakers in an endless loop.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. All day workshop yesterday with Council. We just covered some of the same old things.
2. Another wasp nest met its demise at the house - it was small & vacant.
3. I got Hamilton tickets!
4. We've had about 5" of rain this week. I need to mow!
5. Going back home for a week to sit in the sun.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
1. As we drove past I waved to Bay De Noc and thought of BUN.
2. Survived 2 nights camping with Itty Bitty.
3. Hubby ate 2 pasties. He preferred the breakfast one smothered with gravy.
5. Drove over The Mighty Mac and took a boat ride under it as well.
So you've been through Paradise then. i prefer my pasties without gravy, TYVM. Did you get any smoked fish or fudge? Finally, did you stop by the Mystery Spot?

kjel

Super Moderator
1. Got paid.
2. Paid bills.
3. Half the office is out so I'm enjoying the quiet.
4. Looking forward to the weekend at the beach house.
5. Is it really August already?

Bubba

Cyburbian
4. Looking forward to the weekend at the beach house.
I know a guy (works in Cranbury) who has a family beach house in the southern part of the state - listening to him talk about "the other people" at the beach (i.e. literally everyone else) is pretty funny.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
1. It's Friday afternoon
2. My motivation just kinda evaporated
3. It's the dog days of summer for sure
4. Yikes, school started this week here.
5. I remember when school started late August/early September

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. Depression is tightening its grip
2. This will eventually pass
3. Perhaps I will get to grill pizza tomorrow.
4. I'm bingeing on 'Bones'
5. something else

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. Friday afternoons in the summer seem to take forever.
2. Seeing Lyle Lovett and his Large Band tonight at Wolf Trap.
3. I feel like my hair grows faster in the summer.
4. Last night's meeting only took 25 minutes. We were due for one of those.
5. Vacation in three weeks.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) 40 Minutes but who is counting.
2) Tomorrow my new food-fitness routine starts. Wish me luck. Tonight... I feast.
3) Multiple night meetings next week....
4) I have been thinking about a couple of projects around the house that I want to get done in time for Christmas this year. Murphy bed for the guest room, fireplace mantel with recessed TV above it, new bedside tables in the master, and a desk for Mini-skis. Oh and ripping out the stand-up shower in the master bath and replace it with a tiled stand-up shower.... Not sure if 4 months is enough time.
5) Miniskis needs to wear an athletic cup to baseball starting this year. I wonder if it is time to have "the talk" with him so he understands the important of protecting one's equipment.

Michele Zone

BANNED
1. God, I'm tired.
2. So far, failing to do paid work today.
3. On the upside, this comic I abandoned more than 4 years ago is getting moved to its new site. Well, I mean, the one section that isn't utter crap. Most of it is being abandoned.
4. The new site has all the features I envisioned all those years ago when I wanted to do a comic.
5. This is how a freelancer lives. Isn't it glamorous.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. The weekend will start early for me
2. Construction meeting just cancelled so my calendar is clear
3. Big parade yesterday, but the numbers were down and no county HS bands showed up
4. My brother asked me what beer I liked. I started to list a couple obscure IPAs, but went with a regional classic instead
5. Looks like Mrs. P will be changing jobs which is huge in a very positive way!

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. City employee picnic today, office closes at 11
2. Entered in the cornhole tournament
3. One of my employees is my partner
4. Said her evaluation depended on the outcome - kidding!
5. Help yourself ice cream truck - unlimited!

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Still unemployed, but filling my time with volunteer work and catching up on reading.

2) Dog is loving my unemployed status! Someone is home most of the time, and she gets extra attention.

3) Parentals are traveling. They go on several trips a year, which keeps them out of my hair.

4) Hubby wants me to be working, but also recognizes that not just any job will do. He remembers how miserable we both were when I had a sh!t position.

5) Some days I really want to be working, other days not so much.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. Vacation next week.
2. Would it be a crime to confess I don't really feel like going on a trip with my family right now?
3. I had fried rice with eggs in it last night for the first time in over 30 years.
4. I actually like fried rice with eggs
5. So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

kjel

Super Moderator
1. It's pay day.
2. Unfortunately it's also bill paying day.
3. The house is quiet without my little one who is visiting her grandparents.
4. It's been a very rainy summer in NJ, it's going to rain again this weekend.
5. I'm still going to the beach house.

Michele Zone

BANNED
2. Would it be a crime to confess I don't really feel like going on a trip with my family right now?
1. Depends on what state you're in. ;)

2. When I updated my resume in June, I realized my Cyburbia handle was listed on my decade old resume that I gave to TOIQ. :-x

3. I bet I'm being cyber-stalked by someone from TOIQ. :-\

4. Or, um, Cyburbia-stalked. :p

5. Everyone wave at the nice man from TOIQ. :D

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
1. Ready for the weekend
2. It's sinus season y'all.
3. Forgot to take Aleve this morning.
4. Bending over and standing up are causing head rushes.
5. Finally getting around watching Infinity Wars.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Great weather the last 2 days - drove to work with windows down & sunroof open in 59 degrees, nice chill.
2. This has been an odd week of sorts. One day we receive 18 residential permit applications in a subdivision.
3. Walked around downtown this morning with the Main Street manager figuring out the best place to put the beer garden for an upcoming festival. #work
4. Just 1.5 weeks left in the minor leagues baseball season.
5. Last day of summer for The Girl. I took her by the school to pick up her schedule after she finished her Science Center volunteer work. Classes start Monday!