• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Five Things Friday

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Had the Annual Big Event today, and it went well. Our speaker kept things rolling (we're on a time limit) and we finished a little early (at least our portion finished a little early).

2) Got complimented by A Big Deal guy from our western Big City, and it gives me the warm fuzzies.

3) Have movie tickets and lunch plans with dad this weekend. He's going through some stuff, so I'm glad to have this time with him.

4) One of our interns is too efficient. I keep giving her things to do, and she keeps finishing them. And she keeps asking for more to do. And get this - she does it all well!! :wow::wow::wow:

5) I need a nap. Like, I'm about to face plant.

Bubba

Cyburbian
4) One of our interns is too efficient. I keep giving her things to do, and she keeps finishing them. And she keeps asking for more to do. And get this - she does it all well!! :wow::wow::wow:
Give it time - she'll be bitter and jaded soon enough. :halo:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
1. not a pay day
2. I am leaving 1/2 hr early - does not count as RJing
3. My volunteer work is interesting.
4. got to do laundry.
5. printed out a B&N 20% coupon.

DVD

Cyburbian
1. See HomerJ above
2. See HomerJ above
3. See HomerJ above
4. I hope Dr. Pepper helps.
5. I really just don't want to review the "therapy animal" place.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. The Girl heads off to camp this weekend
2. Entire next week looks like it will be in the 90s
3. Had a ribbon cutting today at a new business and the owners said how good it was to work with our staff (Mayor & most Council was there too)
4. Afternoon slump trying to creep in, must avoid
5. Happy summer solstice day!

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. Less than one week till I'm on the road to New England for a week's vacation.
2. I am the only employee here on my side of the building.
3. Had a screw in my tire. DPW truck had a kit in it and it took approximately 30 seconds to plug it. Score!
4. Working on a 100M plus project. Very exciting yet a bit scary at the same time.
5. I literally see at least one alligator every day. Just something that I'd never thought I'd say in my lifetime.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. USWNT v France kickoff soon. TV in adjacent conference room will be on.
2. I might or might not have plans for this evening, based on Mrs. P needing to run by her parents house.
3. I try not to use the AC in the car (windows down & sunroof open), but once it hits 90 I have to turn it to high.
4. There's no way I can justify a $500,000 difference in bids for the next phase. Have to go with low bidder, but don't really want to.
5. Part of me wants to purge random stuff I have at home, part of me does not.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
1. Less than one week till I'm on the road to New England for a week's vacation.
2. I am the only employee here on my side of the building.
3. Had a screw in my tire. DPW truck had a kit in it and it took approximately 30 seconds to plug it. Score!
4. Working on a 100M plus project. Very exciting yet a bit scary at the same time.
5. I literally see at least one alligator every day. Just something that I'd never thought I'd say in my lifetime.
Hey, coming up to Maine?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) I ate too much at lunch today and I am carb crashing right now...
2) The gym that I was thinking about joining is not going to be a good fit. I am looking for something a bit more upscale than what they were offering. The footprint of the place was way too small and people were just short of tripping over each other. The price was on par with planet fitness, but had substantially less resources.
3) The forecast calls for 90's ever day for the next 15. Summer is here!
4) Local business owner was going to stop in today for some paperwork... he never did.
5) I just noticed a potential schedule issue for when I am gone on vacation this summer.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Hubby's birthday, so dinner reservations!

2) Had to force my mother to adhere to our preferences on going out WITHOUT the dogs. She's not happy but the alternative is that she doesn't go - and she wants to participate.

3) Still have several blank walls in the house, and several pictures we don't want to hang/don't agree on where to hang. Hubby thinks we should have it all done by now, whereas I think it will happen as we go along.

4) Am not enjoying the budget process. Not my strong point, and I also don't like asking for money.

5) My intern is working out well. Just wish she wasn't going to miss 2 weeks in July - we will be busy without her.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. This is not a normal Friday. I don't know what day of the week it feels like.
2. It's been hot and humid quite a bit lately
3. Yes I know 'hot' is a relative term.
4. Time to get back to the gym regularly
5. More than anything, I just want it to be 5:00 right now. Seriously.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) There are a couple more of us in the office than I expected.

2) Nice and quiet - like I expected - but not as productive as I am tired.

3) I ordered a goody box from thredup. I'm not as happy with the results as I am with my Stitch Fix box, but I am glad I gave it a whirl. I did get a couple items out of it.

4) Weather is close to usual/normal - mid 90's - and will get hotter from here.

5) Registered for my state APA conference today. It's in wildly exciting Waco this year.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) It is after 5:00 PM on Friday and I am waiting for a developer to get me a required document so I can send something out...
2) Looks like rain
3) I have a ton of things I need to do with training this year.
4) I think that I am going to spend some time in my shop tomorrow morning
5) I like the discussion regarding the Flag in the Political thread. It is further proof that people in here are willing to engage in meaningful dialog about political issues.... Something DC seems to be unable to do.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. Junior agreed to leave his smart phone downstairs to charge (as opposed to his bedroom) at night. This is a HUGE concession. He was burning the midnight oil watching YouTube videos
2. I'm in the mood for homemade chocolate chip cookies
3. I don't often crave sweets, usually I'm more of a salty snack guy
4. hard to believe summer break is one third over
5. I still haven't scheduled a family vacation, but we're having severe budget issues

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
1. not a pay day
2. not as hot as 2 days ago
3. haven't though about RJing
4. put in vacation request to the man
5. there are 2 more months of summer

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Ongoing personal issues really put a damper on my weekend enjoyment.

2) RJing today for dog issues. Still, will be nice to beat traffic.

3) Is it OK to not like your job sometimes? I'm in a rut on a personal level, and it's affecting the other aspects of my life. I really want to just stay home and pet my dog everyday.

4) A coworker gave me some good news, and I'm happy for her. She's one of the good ones.

5) No interns in the office today. It'll be quiet.

kjel

Super Moderator
1. Crazy person has called the office 3 times and caused my normally sweet admin to lose her shit.
2. RT is in the office with me today.
3. Need to drive down to the beach house tonight instead of tomorrow morning because the tree people are coming at 830am.
4. Looking forward to two days at the beach and seeing friends at a cookout on Sunday.
5. Found the $0.55 in one of my program budgets that I've been trying to figure out for a week.

DVD

Cyburbian
1. Spending half my day at the counter.
2. Some neighbor is coming in angry about what the other neighbor did.
3. Kids are going up to their uncle's house
4. I expect the kids will be bored or home sick by tomorrow morning if not sooner.
5. Uncle lives in a trailer in northern Arizona, but there is a roster.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. The week started on a sour note, but has improved slightly at workplace.
2. There's a customer service person who doesn't like it if she doesn't get her way.
3. Front counter work can be "interesting" sometimes.
4. Downtown concert tonight - hope it doesn't rain!
5. No RJing today, but next Friday I'm taking the whole day!

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. Probably the busiest work week I've ever had following a vacation. But that's how it goes.
2. Today is payday. And for some strange reason, we got two checks, one for the last week of the fiscal year, one for the first. Never saw that before.
3. We have a nice perk here of two small fridges stocked with bottled water and soda. I can get my Coke Zero fix for free!
4. However we don't have a dedicated break room so eating at my desk is the norm. Sometimes I'll commandeer an empty conference room. One has cable!
5. I have a meeting out of the office at 2 (seriously!). Hoping it goes just long enough to not justify driving back to the office.

Bubba

Cyburbian
I. Feels warmer out there than the thermometer reading.
II. Woke up with a sore hamstring - yeah, that's right - I actually managed to strain a hammy while sleeping. I'm talented like that.
III. Probably going to head over to the farmers market on the town square near the old house tomorrow (it's a bit of a schlep from the new house).
IV. There's a new-ish brewery a couple of blocks south of the square with a taproom. That's apparently my incentive to get up and moving tomorrow morning. :beer:
V. My travel schedule next week is rough, but not the worst I've ever had.

Last edited: