• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Five Things Friday

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. Working on getting approval for a new interstate exit is a lot of work but I'm actually enjoying the process and all that is involved with such an endeavor.
2. I guess elected officials will never understand that adopting a master plan doesn't have to involve having a discussion about what color the park benches will be.
3. Replacing my front brake pads and rotors this weekend.
4. I drove almost 5,000 miles in July and the first two weeks of August.
5. We have some wild hogs in the area. They can really do a number on a car if you hit one. (no, not from personal experience)

Planit

Cyburbian
1. The weathergirl said this weekend is supposed to be cooler - I hope so
2. Went to a funeral of a church and community patriarch who I got to know. Great guy.
3. Met a guy last night at a restaurant who was from here, but lived in my hometown now. Great conversation because we both knew about the other each others places.
4. Our dog knows what cars are 'allowed' at the house & those that aren't 'supposed' to be there.
5. Our friends car is in the shop & she has a rental (see #4).

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
4. Our dog knows what cars are 'allowed' at the house & those that aren't 'supposed' to be there.
Dogs are very smart that way. Now if they'd just use the toilet and flush we'd be all set.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Wife and I are going out to a fancy restaurant for a date night tomorrow. It is in a historic Second Empire Mansion in downtown.
2) It was below 60 for the first time in while this morning when I went running.
3) We have a former neighbor who just moved to Port St. Lucie... and is currently in the direct path of the hurricane. They still own their house up here and the renters don't move in until October, so I suggested that they come back up until the hurricane passed.
4) I ate crap food all day yesterday and today I am not feeling awesome.
5) Mini-skis loves the game of baseball and he is really good at fielding and is by the far the fastest kid on his team... in terms of batting, well, we need to work on that.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1) this is not April Fools Day
2) and yet it seems to be
3) the world is topsy turvy
4) at least its a half day at work
5) yay

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
1) The cracks and edges of the sidewalks in my Legacy City downtown are rife with wildflowers (weeds?) and I want to create an urban herbarium (if I had the time).
2) I hate mornings.
3) Going to be chilly on the lake this weekend.
4) Weird dream last night that someone was banging on the front door at 4:00 am and the dog was barking. I woke up thinking that I needed to shut the dog up. But we don't own a dog. That's how real my dream was.
5) Thank goodness for Starbucks.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. I like pumpkin Reeses but not pumpkin spice
2. Grilling steak tonight
3. I have relatives on both Florida coastlines (& grew up there) so hurricanes always intrigue me
4. Our good friends are on vacation in and around Portland, OR & they keep sending us pictures #jealous
5. My eyes are burning from posting

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Was hoping the boss wasn't going to be in today. Alas, hopes dashed.

2) Hubby's company is closing early today. Jealous, but it does give him a chance to start fixing a dinner that requires extra time.

3) Baseball game this weekend! Good (not great) seats and am taking Dad.

4) Otherwise, the weekend will be slow.

5) I don't mind the pumpkin color so much, but I was surprised to see it this morning. My brain thinks it's too early yet for Fall . . .

kms

Cyburbian
1. I’m enjoying the citrusy effervescence of a San Pelligrini Clementina beverage.
2. I have two bike rides this weekend. The mileage to drive to one will be higher than the bike riding mileage.
3. My bike has seen many miles of scenery and open roads on the way to bike rides.
4. I rode my bike around on the back of my car on Ride Your Bike to Work Day.
5. I also share hotel rooms with my bike.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Some say love, it is a river, that drowns the tender reed. Some say love, it is a razor, that leaves your soul to bleed
2. Have court this morning. Oh boy.
3. I'm never going to get the house trim painted before winter hits
4. Disappointment is the overarching theme I'm feeling today
5. Could a partnership consisting of three people living in three different states actually be able to function as a business?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
1. not a pay day
2. the weather is changing cooler temps in the morning
3. coffee is good
4. because it is friday I RJed today
5. ever have work disappoitments ?

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. Pay day
2. Found out my employer actually pays us for hours worked after 8 during hurricanes. Unexpected but appreciated!
3. Pretty much a lost week work wise. Rescheduling meetings is going to take half the day.
4. Going to a Gamecocks game tomorrow. This Big 10 guy will be tailgating with some SEC folks.
5. For some reason I signed up to play fall softball. I'm getting too old for this.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Had dinner last night with nephew who evacuated from Charleston. He's loaded up with supplies & returns today.
2. Our Dorian experience consisted of a nice breeze yesterday.
3. Working on an ED item which might just help the downtown effort.
4. Rumor has it the mayoral race might be calm now this year.
5. Looks like the weekend is full & starts with grilling tonight.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Short day today, since I had 2 long days (even with the holiday).

2) Stopping by the Big Orange Box store for a couple of things on my way home. Small projects on the to-do list for the weekend.

3) Hubby is very happy football is back. I don't really care.

4) It's supposed to be over 100 this weekend. This week has been 98-99. It's way too hot for September.

5) I have no travel plans until November. Then it's constant through the holidays.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Very quiet day in the office. Fully half of staff is either working from home or out of the office.

2) No big plans for the weekend. Movie, maybe some yard work.

3) I don't get to work from home Monday. Boo.

4) Pumpkin beers are starting to show up in the stores. Yum!

5) Am ready for a nap. Didn't sleep well last night and am dragging today.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
! Today is employee appreciation luncheon. Free food about covers the lunch part of it. One of my staff was recognized. Maybe we'll win a door prize.
@ It's still bloody dry and hot - 93' with a forecast of 96'. Mowing the grass tomorrow I should wear a respirator for all the dust there will be.
# I hear the backstreet boys are in town tonight. Ducats in the nosebleeds were selling for $150. I couldn't name a single song, so No, I ain't agoing. Lots of folks are excited though, so good for them.
$ A couple of our local developers always come up with crummy site plans. A simple improvement is so obvious, I just don't get why they don't see it straight away.
% I'm ready for fall temperatures, for sure.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. I had a cupcake for breakfast
2. I had Mexican for lunch
3. Probably going to grill chicken tonight
4. Need to mow the grass tomorrow
5. Would like to go to Sasquatch festival tomorrow

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Actually, a chocolate cupcake sounds pretty good right now
2. I had pizza for lunch
3. Heading down to Amish country tomorrow
4. Time to stock up on popcorn and grass fed beef
5. I have to wear reading glasses, but I'm glad I don't need to wear glasses all the time

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) I am absolutely drained from a crazy busy week. I am thrilled with everything that done and the direction that we are going, but I am going to enjoy my weekend... I might only stop in the office for two hours tomorrow!
2) We might be at full staff for our department my middle of next month which would be freaking awesome.
3) My oldest just learned that middle school has track. He is scary fast so I could see him doing really well with that.
4) The ESRI customer service people have been really great to work with today. I was a very pleasant surprise.
5) The landscaping around our City Hall is like a park right now. But the head of he grounds department was complaining about the maintenance and wants to take everything out.