Daily things 5️⃣ Five Things Friday

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) We are already in a summer weather pattern. Warm, humid, with a chance of of heavy thunderstorms everyday. My grass however is loving it.
2) I am trying to get back into keeping a journal... it is amazing how difficult it is to remember.
3) Oldest gets shot #2 tomorrow. He wanted to go do all these fun things this weekend... I told him we are going to just take it easy for the weekend in case he does not feel well.
4) I did not sleep well last night.
5) Our dog has an ear infection and is going to the vet this afternoon.

kms

Cyburbian
1. I'd rather watch the bird feeder today.
2. I'd rather be napping today. I feel blah.
3. I'd rather make inspections than review plans.
4. Today is gloomy and much cooler than the previous 5 days.
5. I'm usually pretty good at staying on task while I work at home. Not today.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. My bird feeder gets raided by the deer almost every single night. Probably need to get more creative.
2. We've had a lot of rain recently. I cringe when I see somebody's sprinklers on. Especially when it's treated water being used.
3. I survived another season of softball. I'm at that age where I'm still pretty good but I'm playing against guys 20-25+ years younger than me but I'm not quite old enough for the old man league yet.
4. I really enjoy doing research for travel.
5. I would not be good at all staying on task working from home. Props to you @kms

Reactions: kms

kms

Cyburbian
1. My bird feeder gets raided by the deer almost every single night. Probably need to get more creative.
2. We've had a lot of rain recently. I cringe when I see somebody's sprinklers on. Especially when it's treated water being used.
3. I survived another season of softball. I'm at that age where I'm still pretty good but I'm playing against guys 20-25+ years younger than me but I'm not quite old enough for the old man league yet.
4. I really enjoy doing research for travel.
5. I would not be good at all staying on task working from home. Props to you kms.
A raccoon stole one of my bird feeders two years ago. 😡

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Happy Father's Day Weekend! I'm going to pamper my dad since he's finally fully vaccinated (delay for heart issues)!

2) Also getting my hair done - you can see my roots!! :omg:

3) Next week is busy - lots of meetings! Thankfully all still virtual, but there's limited time for bathroom or food breaks.

4) Judged 7 rounds of the National Speech and Debate Tournament (over 2.5 days). High school topics seem deeper these days than when I was competing.

5) Need more liquor - made margaritas one night, and then had mimosas a different night. I might try my hand at Bellinis . . . (need a drink with an umbrella emoji)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
4) Judged 7 rounds of the National Speech and Debate Tournament (over 2.5 days). High school topics seem deeper these days than when I was competing.
Are you a member of the NFL? (National Forensics League)

Salmissra

Cyburbian
No. I'm a former State Champion and Nationals competitor, with 20 years in Toastmasters. I have an account on Tabroom and on the NSDT website so I can participate when possible.

Are you in the NFL?

I love to judge tournaments and mentor students. In college, tournaments were a great way to get free lunch and some guaranteed time off-campus.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
1) Happy Father's Day Weekend! I'm going to pamper my dad since he's finally fully vaccinated (delay for heart issues)!

2) Also getting my hair done - you can see my roots!! :omg:

3) Next week is busy - lots of meetings! Thankfully all still virtual, but there's limited time for bathroom or food breaks.

5) Need more liquor - made margaritas one night, and then had mimosas a different night. I might try my hand at Bellinis . . . (need a drink with an umbrella emoji)
Another former speech and debate team person. I've done some judging myself. My way of giving back. Things have changed since I did it as well. I was in NFL and have my pin(s).

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Another former speech and debate team person. I've done some judging myself. My way of giving back. Things have changed since I did it as well. I was in NFL and have my pin(s).

I have no idea what happened to any of my old speech stuff. Given all the times I've moved, it's all at some landfill probably.

There are a couple of categories now that are newish, and I have to admit I don't like them as much. Maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist.