• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Five Things Friday

Jen

Cyburbian
  • Dank-alicious IPA it's danking good
  • Weird dreams this week
  • too much news time to unplug
  • asbestos in my listing, nah not a problem if you don't touch it?
  • new kittens in the house, the thundering herd at night

2. mskis, Ms. Cash is at long last departing
Did she finally get her book deal? Or is she going to another community?

1) I had Chick-fil-a for breakfast this morning and it was good.
2) I kind of hope that these whiny people keep this up. It is very entertaining to watch grown adults act like spoiled brats. (Trump is the worst of the brats too)
3) We are going to get out of the house and enjoy the warmth and sunshine this weekend. Maybe it will help us get rid of the cold bug that has set up residence in the house. Tomorrow night I am even going to sleep with the windows open!
4) Basketball is not a real sport. There I said it.
5) Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar in warm water might be a good cure for a sinus infection, but it takes horrible.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Basketball is my favorite sport. I like the way they dribble up and down the court.
2. It's seldom fun to be the only person sober in a room full of drunks
3. They don't make tires like they used to. Maybe that's a good thing.
4. Chicago style pizza for dinner tonight. I'm pumped!
5. There's snow on the ground right now, but not enough to go sledding or skiing on

Planit

Cyburbian
1. If it ever gets out, I feel sorry for mskis safety due to comment #4 and where he lives.
2. CBS affiliate preempted regular programming to show the Duke v UNC game last night. That is common around these parts.
3. Employee appreciation breakfast was this morning. I am very full.
4. One of my best friends dad passed away this week.
5. Every day there's something even more stupid coming out of the WH.

Big Owl

Cyburbian
4) Basketball is not a real sport. There I said it.
You do realize where you live/work? If word got around you said this, blue haired ladies state wide would be saying "bless his heart".

1. I ate five different types of meats for breakfast this morning.
  2. I don't usually eat much for breakfast, maybe a granola bar or an apple.
  3. I will not feel like eating lunch.
  4. I know couples that write their own wedding vows, Mrs. Big Owl and I didn't.
  5. I didn't care much about writing my own vows but it would have been fun to write each others vows.

1) Today is looking like a busy day. A couple of meetings and a site visit - at least it's not cold/windy/raining!
2) One of our Principal Planners is leaving, and his new office will be walking distance to my current residence.
3) I'm moving next month to our new house!
4) Already hungry - yogurt wasn't enough for breakfast today.
5) It's just cool enough to want a sweater inside, but the sweater makes me too warm. I should have worn something different to work.

Rygor

Cyburbian
1. Work has been crazy (hence why I haven't been on here as much).
2. So happy the days are getting longer again. Can go for walks when I get home from work (keep in mind it's 70s in Phx this time of year).
3. Seeing my 2 year old for the first time every day instantly makes me happy.
4. I'll be doing pizza for lunch today.
5. Next week is both pay day AND I get my bonus for last year. :money:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. It's coming in from a lot of different directions at the same time
2. Junior is home sick today. Half of his class is out sick
3. Do western girl like flower and candy?
4. I did not get flower and candy for western wife on V-day this year. That's a first
5. I have a stapler conveniently located on my desk here that I have not used since maybe 2015. Why is it conveniently located on my desk?

EDIT a couple of these items became somewhat less funny and topical following the removal of a certain thread.

1) Sunny day, great day to leave work on time and then go for a walk.
2) More packing and organizing this weekend for the upcoming move.
3) Hubby wasn't feeling well last night, but still went to work this morning. Hope he doesn't overdo it.
4) Need to get organized - my desk looks like a tornado hit it. Hazards of being swamped for weeks on end.
5) I've had a headache since yesterday afternoon.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. It's The Girl's b-day today. Mrs. P said I couldn't embarrass her at school - middle school drama and such
2. It seems as though common sense is dead
3. I would love to drive the Furka Pass in Switzerland - put the car in 'sport' mode and go
4. No 3 day weekend here
5. I hate dealing with truck stops / convenience stores people - I think they are trying to be seen from outer space

kms

Cyburbian
1. If I cradle the phone between my ear and shoulder, I get a headache that can last for hours.
2. It's quiet here today.
3. The post about Western girls was probably deleted before it could go off color.
4. The bright sunshine is misleading; it's still pretty cold outside.
5. I'm going to see The Founder after work.

1) It is hard to eat and be healthy. Are eggs good for you or are they bad. What about coffee? What about bacon?
2) Life is not easy when you start questioning past decisions and future decisions. More so when changing conditions further make you question the past decisions.
3) Yes, the knowledge that comes along with being a planner is like Batman's tool belt. Bad guys don't stand a chance.
4) I am starting a new woodworking project this weekend. It is a king size bed with raised-panel head and foot boards. After that I am building a queen size murphy bed. Then after that, it is a farmhouse table and benches for the back patio... and then after that (you get the picture).
5) Pinewood derby is tomorrow morning. Mini-skis's car currently weighs 4.98 OZ. I wonder if I can pack .02 oz of graphite powder between the wheels and the axles.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Just heard thunder. In February. No it was not thunder snow. Weird.
2. Coffee is a drag
3. The Wizard of Oz is becoming something of a chore to watch the last couple times. Have I reached lifetime saturation point?
4. What fun things to do this weekend?
5. I've already started work on the garden beds. In February. Weird.

1. Brought a King Cake in for the staff yesterday
2. It went over very well.
3. I'm the one who found the baby.
4. I can come across as overbearing at times, though I don't mean to.
5. I tend to get hyper focused on a particular goal.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Very good news about tomorrow's soccer match - it's now at home rather than 2 hours away.
2. Home opener for our minor league team is April 13th - Thirsty Thursday baby!
3. Police Chief, City Manager & I have been out with sick kids this week.
4. I don't live in Indiana & didn't win the $435 million lottery prize.
5. Don't be messing with my amygdala!

1) Need to do a site visit today, but don't want to 'cause the owner's a prick.
2) Very crazy and busy here - no end in sight.
3) House closing next week! :D:D:D
4) Very tired today - pulled three late nights in a row, not home before 7:30 any of those nights (one night was home 9ish).
5) May be a slug one day this weekend - sleep in, don't leave the house, nap, etc.

kms

Cyburbian
1. It's Friday, sunny and 70+ today, and I'll get about 30 minutes of outdoor work today, and no leaving early.
2. I had matzo ball soup and potato pancakes for lunch.
3. Work is jammed up busy because we're short-handed.
4. Being short-handed handed me an enforcement case.
5. Out-of-state consultants should hire local subs.

1. I may have a new job! keeping my fingers crossed
2. First friday in forever where I will stay in, there is a Punk Show tonight but i'm not really feeling it tonight.
3. I am listening to Wesley Willis as I type meeting minutes
4. I think it would be funny if Maister, LP, JNA and RJ formed a 70s Indie-Soft Rock band that sounded like Fleetwood Mac
5. It has been 8 months since I had a Cigarette!!!