Five Things Friday

1. Followed ZG around Downtown Disney this morning.
2. Visited TWO macy*s today.
3, Bought TWO pairs of slacks at macy*s that were 50% off.
4. It's hot as hell here in the greater Orlando area.
5. Had my first meal (lunch), at a Cheesecake Factory and it was ginormous.

Rygor

Cyburbian
1. On day 6 with no A/C. It's 6 days too long.
2. I'm finding that learning the ins and outs of RE contracts is kinda fun.
3. Everybody at work enjoys the Magic 8 Ball on my desk.
4. Looking forward to this weekend. I really need to relax.
5. Counting down days to Vegas (12).

1. Today was the dullest day I've had in awhile - no one who was supposed to get back to me did.
2. I need to find something fun to do this weekend... other than laundry. :)
3. We watched a classic '80s movie on TV the other night: The Breakfast Club.
4. Hubby and I compared notes about our reactions to the movie when it was first released.
5. I wonder what's in store for me next week...

3. Everybody at work enjoys the Magic 8 Ball on my desk.
Maybe you can ask the Magic 8 Ball for me. It'll probably say "Try again later." :r:

kms

Cyburbian
1. I'm surprised at how many cars with Kentucky plates I see around Pittsburgh.
2. I worked two hours OT on a Friday because I have to pick up my son from a theater that's halfway between home and work.
3. One could say that I earned time and a half waiting for my son.
4. I'm not even sure he's at this theater.
5. I can hear gunshots at the sportsmen's club over the hill from the theater.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I've run the air conditioner for maybe six hours so far this year
2. Tender roast beef would be nice for dinner tonight - too bad it ain't gonna happen:(
3. I've managed to stay more or less on an exercise regimen for nearly three weeks without too many lapses. That's kinda okay
4. Junior wants to have a sleepover for his birthday. I'm thinking about limiting him to two friends (and I have the feeling that will be bad enough)
5. I had an awesome beer last night made by Stone Brewing Co. ....but I can't remember it's name. It was black like molassas, bottle had a black label, and was a spiced ale of some sort.

Midori

Cyburbian
1. I had big plans to sleep in a little this morning since I was coming in late. Toddler Midori did not agree.
2. The new daycare is going really well.
3. Today is the last business day of our fiscal year.
4. I should be wrapping up paperwork for that, but really want coffee first.
5. I'm excited and nervous about an upcoming historic district open house I'm working on.

btrage

Cyburbian
1. I enjoy Fridays at work as much as I despise Mondays.
2. I have no idea what we are doing tonight as a family.
3. I'm fascinated by the utter stupidity of Aaron Hernandez as it relates to his alleged planning of a murder.
4. My 10 year old daughter steadfastly refuses to admit when she is wrong, and it creates conflict within our home.
5. Packing for our trip to California, and the girls trip to grandma's, begins this weekend.

DVD

Cyburbian
1. working on my code update staff report, boring!
2. Trying to cut back on soda, I have a headache
3. This weekend I get to start packing for our big move into our own house, no more renting!
4. I'd rather be RJing
5. My department's to small to get away with a day off

kms

Cyburbian
1. Strong storms are coming.
2. I made it back to the truck before it rained.
3. I had a four-minute lunch 3 hours ago and am tempted to take the remaining 26 minutes.
4. No one at work is really clear on which day is payday - today or Monday.
5. My online banking statement was pretty clear that today isn't payday. :/

1. Strong storms are coming.
2. I made it back to the truck before it rained.
3. I had a four-minute lunch 3 hours ago and am tempted to take the remaining 26 minutes.
4. No one at work is really clear on which day is payday - today or Monday.
5. My online banking statement was pretty clear that today isn't payday. :/
Take those 26 minutes from the end of the day and have a mini-RJ. :)

1. This is the first Friday I've worked in quite a while. And I'll be off the next three. Can't complain about that I guess.
2. Dealing with a land use issue that has reached change.org. I really like when people from California weigh in on decisions in Maryland. NOT!
3. All I had for lunch was a big chocolate shake and I feel good about it.
4. Worked the Rolling Stones show in DC as part of the local crew Monday. Stood next to Lenny Kravitz for about half an hour while he watched from stage left.
5. Mick said he didn't think President Obama was there but that he was sure he was listening. Got a big laugh.

1. How did my weekend go from a very low key, nothing major to wondering if I'll be able to do it all?
2. Further proof of my mascoistic tendecies-I check the temp while know its still hot out there:not:
3. The Crystal Method-that it all
4. Mixed feeling about vacation this year
5. Sounds like my fellow cyburbs are going through a rough patch. Let's be careful out there.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Even though it's a psuedo-four day weekend, that doesn't mean the business of the FAC grinds to a halt. No sirree!
2. I majorly have the garden bug today. Fortunately, I have one, it's the middle of summer and there's plenty to do.
3. Feels like a generally jocular mood around here today. That's good.
4. Having leftover rotisserie chicken tonight. meh.
5. I was going to comment on here about the woman I saw jogging at lunch, but my publicist strongly recommends against it. So instead, how about them Tigers?

1. Not much work is getting done around here...we are half-staffed and I'm not in the mood to get going on anything super challenging on a Friday.
2. We have been moved for 4 week and still not unpacked...BF is a very sentimental person and has a hard time throwing things away. Yesterday I was unsuccessful in convincing him that a shoe box full of old floppy disks was garbage :r: Also if its a cord to some electronic (even if the electronic no longer exists) we CANNOT throw it away.
3. The latest tactics of my state legislature to quell public debate on diversive issues is beyond aggravating!
4. I've become a horrible plant mom, all my office plants look sad. I even killed my Christmas Cactus.
5. Too tired for a 5th thought...my upstairs neighbors were up late last night and their 'activities' kept me up late last night :not:

Midori

Cyburbian
1. My brother and his family are coming up from Florida next weekend.
2. They can be very hard to nail down on plans sometimes.
3. The guest bathroom has new flooring as of yesterday, of which I'm rather proud.
4. I'm scratching my head over a subdivision of a cell tower property with no road frontage or utilities.
5. Next task: Come up with PUD-type process for utility uses that don't meet normal sub regs.

DVD

Cyburbian
1. I actually had two people to talk to today, one was a wrong number and the other an appraiser
2. I did some work, but I'm slacking big time today
3. Left over BBQ brisket for dinner - Yum!
4. I bought some new running shoes yesterday. I can't wait to try them out, but after the thrill is gone I'll still be running
5. Good fire works show from all my neighbors, glad I didn't buy any.

1. Surprisingly busy at work today with the public.
2. Can't get the song Wagon Wheel out of my head right now after hearing someone playing it in their car.
3. Looking forward to some river action this weekend.
4. Wishing I could be wearing flip flops at work right now.
5. Baby chicks are loud and stinky.

1. I've been getting really annoying error messages on Cyburbia... should I switch to Google Chrome?
2. I'm leaving early today to get my hair cut.
3. It's so damn hot that I feel like shaving my head (but it wouldn't be a good look for me).
4. I wish we had a sprinkler that I could run through.
5. Begging baby chickadees make the cutest little noises :)

DVD

Cyburbian
5. Begging baby chickadees make the cutest little noises :)
Not when your daughter has a toy that makes that sound and she doesn't stop because she knows it annoys you. Batteries can get lost, I'd feel guilty if I pulled the battery out of a real chicky.