Five Things Friday

Gedunker

Moderating
1 - Our first week with the transition from vBulletin to XenForo seems to have gone pretty smoothly. Thank you, O Great Leader, for treating us scalliwags so well!
2 - It appears our replacement zoning ordinance will get final adoption shortly. It's been nearly a half-century since a PD could say that in my little 'burg.
3 - I never thought I would say it, but I just don't miss coffee at all.
4 - We are supposed to get some snow overnight and into tomorrow and this morning we had a very pretty red sky. Could the old sailors be correct? I sure hope so.
5 - I need to get serious about shedding some weight. Kind of crept up on me recently. The holidays didn't help. Time to hit the exercycle.;)

1) My time this weekend is going to be spent working on a few things that might result in significant changes if everything goes well. (work related)
2) The Red Wings seem to be a decent first period team... Problem is they are a horrible 2nd and 3rd period team.
3) Found out that the business where I was able to get my very first job is no longer there because the owner was finally willing to sell after people asking on a quarterly basis for 30 years. It wasn't prime real estate when he bought the land, but it is now.
4) I might sleep in this weekend... oh wait... I have a dog and 3 kids.
5) I learned this morning that there have been a series of new discoveries regarding how our bodies work, heal, and how energy is created. Some of these change how we look at particular processes.

1. Sold the 1990 wagon at a slight loss :( needed it gone, since I lost my workspace in December. Le sigh.
2. The 1992 244 is stronger than ever, she's getting snow tires next weekend. Just changed the oil and filter, added an oil stabilizer + regapped and cleaned my spark plugs. Distributor cap and rotor are good for now. Up next is a good undercoating and some DIY touch up paint and sandpaper rust repair before my surface scratches become actual rust.
3. Im down to 215 lbs! from 235 in November!
4. Im financially solvent in 2019
5. Best sandwich in the Bronx: Pruzzo's Market

Planit

Cyburbian
1. I found out late yesterday afternoon about a state report due Monday
2. Finance just came to me and told me about a problem with a PO in my department...The PO that they setup
3. I hope the ice accumulation stays north of us this weekend. I don't mind snow, but I detest ice
4. The Girl has a swim meet tomorrow. This is only her second year of competitive swimming and she's doing very good
5. I had a ham, cheese and spinach omelet for lunch today

1. We were talking about going to the zoo in the nearby big city.
2. It supposed to rain in the afternoon tomorrow
3. Said plans may get cancelled.
4. So ends the first 5 day work week in a month
5. Talking with mini WYP about prom dresses was an odd experience.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. I have a councilman that thinks he's the project manager for our downtown project. He's called me 3 times today.
2. If its a nice day tomorrow, it's yard work. If not, I'll find a taproom (both Mrs. P & The Girl will be out of town).
3. Time to check the Braves & Atlanta United schedules to find a weekend they both are in town.
4. I don't miss drinking diet Mtn. Dew (it's been a year now).
5. Happy 3-day weekend!!!

1. I'll second the happy 3-day weekend
2. Supposed to turn cold here after the rain
3. Nothing major planned for the 3 days
4. Getting into some interesting discussions with miniWYP
5. The upside looks like an interesting movie.

1. The fiance invited his parents over to dinner (even though we have barely unpacked) and is buying and cooking the food and organizing our boys to clean/tidy the place this afternoon while I'm at work. I could get used to this.
2. I would like to sleep for about 24 hours straight.
3. Even with all of the modern technological conveniences to help remember things, I still have about 5 post-it notes on my monitor right now.
4. My fair city has gotten over 6 inches of rain this month, so far.
5. Is it 5:00 yet?

Planit

Cyburbian
1. This 4-day week has felt like 6 days - highlights below.
2. Spent an hour with the state when I couldn't find $1.2 million grant on our project file. It was funded in August, but was never posted.
3. Dealt with a "responsible" developer who put electrical conduit & wiring through our stormwater catch basin & culvert.
4. A merchant hit a construction worker (not badly, just pushed him a few feet) with her truck and drove off.
5. Was told of a collapsed UST on private property that has become a sinkhole.

1. I hate finding less than good things about people after they die.
2. Hopefully will get a chance to go see The Upside.
3. The girlfriend and kid are out of town.
4. At what point does it go from dating to a relationship?
5. Going to kickstart the house hunting again.

1) Survived my first week at the new job. Boy, have I got a steep learning curve on some of these programs!

2) Traffic patterns favor me having the longer commute, rather than Hubby.

3) I have family plans this weekend that mean no sleeping in. And no nap.

4) Is it possible to be tired and excited at the same time?

5) I haven't crocheted anything in 3 months. I really should pick that back up . . .

1) The original Ghostbusters is a good movie... and there is a new one coming out in Summer 2020 with or based on the original.
2) NHL All Star game is tomorrow.
3) I told a major chain that if they want to open this week, they will need to follow the rules or they will need to keep their doors closed.
4) we are going to take the kids to a museum tomorrow.
5) In the next few days I am tossing my hat in the ring to become a director again. It was a hard decision to make but everyone seems to be supportive of the idea.

1) Don't know why I bothered taking my laptop home last night. I didn't even take it out of the bag.

2) Slept like a log for the first night all week. So naturally, I'm still tired.

3) Dad's back in the hospital, with surgery scheduled for a pace maker. Hopefully this will "fix" the confusing symptoms and keep him from worrying us so much.

4) Set up my new phone last night. I now have a Pixel 3, and am learning the tips for getting it to look and sound the way I want.

5) House hunting tomorrow with the realtor. We have several homes lined up for viewing, and then I'm headed out to see dad (see #3).

1. It's been an odd week
2. Big swings weather wise, person and emotion wise
3. No, I don't miss living up north
4. Finished one book and started another
5. While I miss the feel of print books, ebooks are a lot more convenient.

kms

Cyburbian
1. A developer/contractor has drawn a line in the sand with me.
2. A little bit of snow caused a whole lot of traffic problems this morning.
3. My new car is better in the snow than the last one was.
4. I may cancel some plans tomorrow in favor of some introvert time.
5. A record request ate up most of my morning. Then the requestor withdrew the request.

DVD

Cyburbian
1. One big project gets an easy answer
2. One small project gets killed because we want a traffic impact study
3. I might take the youngest to the last Harry Potter film at the $3 theater
4. I like my stress ball cactus
5. Stupid phone messages.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. The federal government caused a 4-hour shutdown for me - somehow all my permissions in grants.gov were reset to off.
2. Received a call that citizens were walking past barricades and through the construction zone - can't fix stupid.
3. The Girl swims in the HS Regional Swim meet today - I told her not to drown, which she didn't think was funny.
4. Agriculture means agriculture - it doesn't mean you can call that building a "barn" just to store personal belongings.
5. There are a couple new avatars that freak me out - but I know who there are and its okay.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. My back and legs are sooo sore today
2. I've only got one six pack of Shiner left
3. It's supposed to get up to 50 by Monday
4. I'm not in the mood to see any doctors
5. The car is starting up normally now that the temperatures are in the upper teens.

1) This is one of the busiest weeks we have had.
2) There are some developers who are unwilling to spend money on projects.
3) I am thrilled that it is the end of the day on Friday. I have a cold beer waiting for me at home.
4) The weather this week has been insane for friends and family in the midwest. I expect an exodus this summer to the south.
5) I have zero interest in watching any football games this weekend.