Five Things Friday

kjel

Super Moderator
1. This has been an unproductive week.
2. It has been brutally cold.
3. We were dismissed at 1pm on Wednesday.
4. Bella had no school due to cold weather on Thursday so I stayed home with her.
5. I sent a feck off email to a developer who asked for $1M in subsidy for a project that can support $3M in additional debt. After 5pm of course :)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. My broken toe is starting to heal
2. Yes, it's actually Friday
3. It's hot dog night at chez Maister. We have hot dogs maybe two or three times a year
4. Radio show on Saturday
5. Ummm

Bubba

Cyburbian
1. We topped off at 79 degrees yesterday afternoon - I should have worked from home on the screened porch and enjoyed it instead of going into the office. Woke up today to low 50s, and it's trending down from there.
2. Our alpha female cat is well pleased that I decided to work from home today.
3. I've already referenced Jay-Z's 99 Problems in a work conversation this morning.
4. Trying to explain a very technical workflow to a client that thinks he understands things he really doesn't understand is a wee bit frustrating.
5. Grabbing dinner out tonight with the fabulous boys next door - that'll be a good way to head into the weekend. :cheers:

HomerJ

Cyburbian
1. Why hello there cyburbia, it has been awhile!
2. It's good to be back on the forums, hopefully this time for a longer stint without going dark
3. The past couple of years have been quite a roller coaster for me, but many more ups than downs I'm happy to say
4. I'm back in more of a "planner" role now compared to my previous gig, and...
5. I like it.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Why hello there cyburbia, it has been awhile!
2. It's good to be back on the forums, hopefully this time for a longer stint without going dark
3. The past couple of years have been quite a roller coaster for me, but many more ups than downs I'm happy to say
4. I'm back in more of a "planner" role now compared to my previous gig, and...
5. I like it.
So, do hit men really leave 'calling cards' after they do a job? And what is the lowest altitude one can possibly pull a rip cord and still not die?

Planit

Cyburbian
1. CM says he doesn't micromanage, then comes on jobsite and directs staff to move construction forms
2. My car is driving better after suspension work
3. I don't like how one text message can change my attitude
4. Dinner all week has been random leftovers
5. This week started crazy and has consistently maintained course - at least it's Friday!

1. Let the sun shine, the sun shine in.
2. Date night at Cracker Barrel tonight.
3. Esquire with the Ritz Carlton came up with pretty good short vidoes
4. Reading the Monster of Florence
5. I normally avoid those types of books, but it's not a bad read.

1) Been a chained-to-the-desk kind of week. Really hoping to break loose early today . . .

2) Had a conference call where the only thing I said for an hour was my name and agency.

3) Employees that know they are leaving should not be in charge of products with a deadline hurlting towards you.

4) Looking forward to a weekend of me-inspired activities!

5) I don't have Monday off, but the school district does, so an easy commute in the morning!

1. Had the municipal employees breakfast this morning. I was still full at lunch.
2. Child-free weekend.
3. Gonna rain for the next eight days.
4. Played tour director for a group of planners from a city to the south that came to see our downtown revitalization construction.
5. New police chief got sworn in today and the room was packed. It took an hour to get through the reception line.

1. Trying to buy a home in my fair city is not a pleasant experience
2. I wonder if I listen to too many podcasts, or not enough...
3. Without any real plans this weekend, going for a hike seems to be the default.
4. I've taken the Myers Briggs test more than once and been given pretty different profiles...
5. Next week's going to be super busy, probably best not to even think about what can't be avoided.