• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Five Things Tuesday

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. I hate having a runny nose
2. And right before T-Day to boot!:-{
3. Maybe I'll be over this by Thursday
4. I'm looking forward to the four day weekend
5. This has been one of the longest three day weeks here at work

Bubba

Cyburbian
1. I'm sort of working today - I have a conference call later this morning, and then a mandatory security refersher training to knock out this afternoon - that's about it...
2. Yesterday was nice and quiet.
3. Getting up at zero dark thirty tomorrow morning to head to my ancestral homeland in south Georgia.
4. Big family gathering on my mother's side on Thanksgiving Day - going to be really the first time I've seen a lot of these folks since my father passed away and we had to place my mother in a long-term care facility - it's going to be weird for me...
5. I think I'll grill up some burgers for dinner tonight.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. I had to return back home TWICE on the way to work this morning.
2. Finance is hosting this years city hall pre-t'giving food-for-all gathering
3. We actually don't have plans for Thanksgiving Day (Mrs. P's family on Friday & mine on Saturday)
4. The city's Christmas Lighting event was this past Saturday & I got to hand out candy to kids. Some were super grabby.
5. I will NOT be shopping on Friday - except if Mrs. P needs me to go to the grocery store (& they don't have Black Friday sales!)

Bubba

Cyburbian
1. There's a nice clear sky over the ATL this morning...
2. ...to go with the 24 degree wind chill.
3. The Atlanta United beatdown perpetrated on the NY Red Bulls on Sunday was cathartic.
4. I fully expect them to now get to the MLS final and lose in spectacular fashion, because Atlanta.
5. This is the first day I've been in the office in about two weeks. One of our junior folks apparently decided to grow a...ah...robust mustache during that time (according to him, his fiance likes it). Yeah...no...

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. The skies are gray. They have been for days
2. I guess one should expect that seeing how it's winter
3. Hello Australia. It's not winter where you are.
4. I felt sorry for Thomas Kincade
5. I don't think I've ever been as out of shape as I am now.

kms

Cyburbian
1. Last week’s vacation felt like three weeks, which wasn’t such a good thing when it was time to come back to work.
2. I have a photo from a ghost tour that shows an orb.
3. I got a tattoo on my arm of something my dad wrote.
4. No time for lunch today.
5. I have some field work this afternoon.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Picked up a cold over the T-day holiday, so suffering from drainage, sore throat, and cough.

2) Complete manifestation the morning after the flight home, so at least I wasn't suffering on the plane.

3) Had fun today despite my cold, hanging out with my sister.

4) Tomorrow she is taking my car and I will stay home.

5) I bet there's a nap in tomorrow's list of activities . . .

Bubba

Cyburbian
1. Very cool looking sunrise this morning.
2. I'm in the office today. I actually have a couple of good reasons why I need to physically be here today, but...
3. ...there's a boil water advisory in effect for this part of town (thanks, Atlanta Watershed Management!!! :-@).
4. I'm about 85% sure we'll end up hosting Mrs. Bubba's family on Christmas Day. I'm good with that as long as the weather is conducive to grilling.
5. Our fabulous next door neighbors are hosting an Ugly Christmas Sweater party this Saturday. Should be fun. :beers::wine::girlydrink:

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Looks like the weekend is going to be a wintry mix mess
2. Reception tonight before Council meeting - at least there'll be some food
3. Mrs. P asked for Christmas ideas - she didn't think it was funny when I said beer
4. Christmas cards all addressed and mailed
5. I don't even own a Christmas sweater - ugly or normal

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. The day is almost done
2. Off tomorrow
3. Boy, the sun sure sets early this time of year
4. I don't know about you, but I like to get in my jammies as soon as I get home when winter is upon us
5. pork cutlets for dinner tonight. Why am I not excited?

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) My sister left today. I am sad.

2) I am ALMOST over this cold. Lingering cough is annoying.

3) Passed my cold on to Hubby.

4) Hopefully he won't pass it back.

5) Weather turned cold for a couple of days.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1) What a freakin' meeting last night. It's been a while and I guess I forgot what a contentious meeting looked like
2) emotionally based objections supported by rumor and innuendo and unburdened by facts will never go out of style
3) I think I lost my Christmas spirit
4) I think I will make or order a mixed drink in the near future
5) Make that a double

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) I came down with the cold yesterday. It is never a fun thing.
2) I miss being able to have a real tree... but two of the three kids are allergic to them.
3) I stood outside for a while today and absorbed as much sun as I could.
4) The kids like to kick their socks off and warm their feet on the screen next to the fire.
5) We have a complicated meeting coming up regarding an unlisted use... not really looking forward to it.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Today is my Monday (although I did come in yesterday for a couple hours)
2. The Girl is at home & asked if she could order Dominos. I told her there's frozen pizza in the freezer. I'm so mean
3. Mrs. P slipped on the ice-covered walkway this morning, right after I told her to be careful because of the ice
4. Looks like I need to get the 4WD connection on my truck inspected since it didn't want to engage (finally did though)
5. I am glad for my large bottle of Advil since shoveling our driveway yesterday

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. It really doesn't feel like Christmas is one week away.
2. Probably in part due to there being no snow on the ground. Weird.
3. Junior has a concert tonite
4. I would like some fried chicken
5. I still have a case and a half of Shiner Cheer left

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Went home at lunch to meet Duke Power - they were a no show
2. January is looking like it'll be very busy here at the office
3. Last department head meeting of the year was this morning
4. HR is having a "Christmas Treats Raffle" with the tins and treats various companies drop off at city hall
5. Mom comes into town on Thursday for an 11 day Christmas stay

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
1. Still dealing with the big box store regarding the dropping off of the new appliance
2. T-3 days and counting til I'm back in the air.
3. Unlikes others, I really don't mind flying.
4. Though it is not as glamorous as it once was.
5. Another dinner with the lady friend. Her place this time and her idea.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. We had a bird once. A loud cockatiel named Paris. I don't miss that bird and when she died I wrote the obituary by editing Monty Python's Dead Parrot sketch.
2. Anyone heard from Ursus lately?
3. I met 2 former work colleagues for lunch today. We haven't missed a beat.
4. One of the downtown merchants complaints is that their customers don't wipe their feet when they come in the store.
5. Tonight's council meeting has the potential to be long.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) It is spring time today and they are calling for winter this weekend.
2) My oldest decided to buy shoes on Amazon. I was skeptical that he would like them... but he does.
3) I now have the planner version of Baby Shark stuck in my head.
4) Last night at the grocery I once again witnessed someone with such entitlement mentality that all common courtesy was offensive to them.
5) I had a very uplifting conversation with a friend yesterday.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. My back hurts.
2. Took down the Christmas tree today.
3. Itty Bitty was climbing all over me while I did de-holidazed the tree.
4. Teh new Cyburbian format is so futuristic...like something out of 2019!
5. Started training for a half marathon.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. This is a difficult time of year depression-wise
2. I still have two thirds of a case of Shiner Cheer left from before the holidays
3. That's proof of some remarkable restraint/self-control
4. radio show this week
5. So here we are in the future. Guess it's time to go do some futuristic stuff.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Second day on the new job. I like it so far!

2) Didn't like finding out the intersection I have to go through to get to the highway is backed up due to . . . two guys on the side of the road arguing over who knows what, with no sign of their cars or bikes, and no flashing lights.

3) Dog has been having more doggy nightmares than usual the last couple of nights. Hope it's just a phase . . .

4) Weather is bi-polar this week. Warm, freezing, warm, cold & windy, warm, then freezing again. All in one week.

5) Love that my work commute is about 20 minutes, depending on how I hit the lights.

kjel

Super Moderator
1. The kick off to the punisher week (4 day weeks) is my boss in a snit about the procurement process we forced upon a non-profit partner and how they can't get it together. Me: why don't you just make all the changes and send it to them? Boss: because they're supposed to do it! Me: do it and stop wasting your time. Boss: F*** them. Me: just do it. Boss: Fine.
2. It's like the arctic tundra outside.
3. Both elevators are out and I work on the 5th floor.
4. Some random guy just brought us new desk phones. They're plugged in but you can't call anyone. I'm ok with that.
5. Despite the cold, it's a beautiful clear day and I can see the Empire State building from my window.

The Terminator

Cyburbian
1. Its been Canadian level cold here in NYC - I like it!
2. Negotiated my end date with the J-O-B and it was no where near as painful as expected. Ill be leaving this one on the right footing with references ;)
3. New savings plan in effect, put most of my paycheck under lock and key between my father and best friend - neither will dispense any to me unless its an emergency - until its time to move in June!
4. I got 4 fresh snow tires for my 244!
5. A stressful family situation looks like its on track to be resolved

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Today was a full day - I guess making up for yesterday.
2. I'm betting on a 2-hour delay for school tomorrow.
3. There's a reception for our new Police Chief this evening before the Council meeting, which has a long agenda & a closed session = late night.
4. The landscaping at the house needs to be whacked down this winter -it's somewhat overgrown & we've not had a chance to trim it.
5. Saturday plans have me driving up and down the nearby mountain ... twice.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. I found out in a totally random way that Dale Earnhardt's yacht is named 'Sunday Money'
2. The Girl has 2 eligible times for the HS Regional Swim Meet & missed a third by .25 second
3. The Rec Director wants me to do her entire presentation at the Council workshop - I said I'll help her and just do 1 greenway
4. I'm glad our temperature isn't getting down to 26...much less -26
5. Devil Went Down to Georgia is my earworm today - yuk.

DVD

Cyburbian
1. Site plan rejected because of bad zoning stipulations.
2. Zoning interpretation rejected because of bad PUD writing.
3. Submittal rejected because you turned in our comment sheets as a site plan - you're supposed to correct the comments
4. Guest house rejected because it was non-conforming, converted to storage, and now you can't have it back.
5. Anyone else have a dream I can kill?

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
1. Site plan rejected because of bad zoning stipulations.
2. Zoning interpretation rejected because of bad PUD writing.
3. Submittal rejected because you turned in our comment sheets as a site plan - you're supposed to correct the comments
4. Guest house rejected because it was non-conforming, converted to storage, and now you can't have it back.
5. Anyone else have a dream I can kill?
You're having too much fun, aren't you?

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Busy week with Council Workshop every afternoon
2. Took The Girl to urgent care this morning to get checked for strep throat - start the antibiotics
3. If you want me to call you back, how about giving me a phone number that is not disconnected
4. The only thing I'm watching on TV tonight is on Netflix
5. I don't think we have any plans this weekend - which is a rarity - I'm sure something will come up

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Very foggy drive down the mountain the other night. At times I could only see the yellow and the white lines just in front of me.
2. Mrs. P left her keys in the front door lock overnight - on the outside. Good thing we live in a safe neighborhood.
3. Things are quite unsettled here on a particular issue. Don't see it being resolved where it is.
4. Taking part of this Friday off. I'll be taking The Girl to try and get her drivers license.
5. This morning's breakfast was not satisfactory in the least.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. I swear my 13 year old wakes up in a progressively more foul mood each morning. He used to be such a cheerful little guy and woke up at the crack of dawn every morning. Those days have passed
2. No automotive issues for over two weeks [knock on wood]
3. Restarted workouts at the Y following my breaking toe a couple weeks ago
4. I'm planning on grilling steaks for dinner tonight. Right now it's about 20 degrees outside. Yeah you read that right.
5. Watching kids grow up is probably about the saddest thing to me. If Junior was scoring victories and racking up successes like it seems every other teens parents tell me, it'd be one thing. But instead it feels like he's striking out in so many different ways. I'm pretty discouraged as a parent right now.

Bubba

Cyburbian
1. Cold rainy day in the ATL today...just nasty out there. One forecast indicated favorable conditions for tornadoes this afternoon - yeah, tornadoes...that's really "favorable".
2. I was informed last night that I need to figure out what I want to do on my birthday (which apparently is on a Saturday this year). For now I'l settle for sleeping in a little. I'm guessing Mrs. Bubba really meant figure out where I want to go for dinner.
3. Making a quick trip back home this weekend to gather up the rest of my Dad's tools - should be the last thing to clear out of the parents' house prior to the estate sale.
4. Speaking of this weekend, the fabulous boys next door are getting married Saturday - an outdoor wedding in north Georgia in February - I really hope they get a break in the weather (they're good dudes and great neighbors - they deserve a ceremony that'll be memorable for the right reasons).
5. I have no idea what to have for lunch.

4. Taking part of this Friday off. I'll be taking The Girl to try and get her drivers license.
Nonsense. No way she's that old.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Long meeting followed a short meeting. Both ran over.

2) Crappy, cold, grey, yucky weather today. And it's supposed to rain later today - just in time for the drive home.

3) Lots of report editing going on this week.

4) I just heard, in casual conversation in the office, that it's almost time to STOP selling GS cookies. I think I need to get my order in!

5) I don't need any more cookies. But I'm planning on giving some away, and then squirrelling away the remainder.

Jen

Cyburbian
Ditto on the GSC!
Just repeat my order from last year please
I remember it was almost $50!
for frickin cookies
but it's for the girl scouts!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Ditto on the GSC!
Just repeat my order from last year please
I remember it was almost $50!
for frickin cookies
but it's for the girl scouts!
$50!!!?
For cookies? Unless I had a daughter in GS, I doubt seriously I'd ever spend more than $10

Jen

Cyburbian
That would get you 2 boxes that you’d have to share, I need the lemon, we all need thin mints, he likes that coconut abomination, and we have to throw in the butter cookies for all and then there’s the secret freezer stash that only I k ow about, $50 for world peace is a good deal!!

Planit

Cyburbian
1. I wonder how many more Mondays I'll have this week
2. Should be an interesting HS soccer season for The Girl this year. They are being coached by 2 college coaches from the nearby uni, which is about 3 notches above what they had last year
3. I've made it 4 years here
4. Karn Evil 9 has been a good earworm today
5. My GSCookie connection moved away a couple years ago.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) The never ending report is due Friday. The End is in Sight!

2) Tried fast food Korean - Burning Rice - over the weekend. Quite tasty!

3) Trying to convince Hubby to get rid of some stuff before the upcoming move. Not an easy task.

4) I've already got two bags of clothes and a large stack of books to donate/sell back. I have my eye on some things in the kitchen, too.

5) I think the dog will really like the new yard.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. A couple of colder days here lately - its back to shorts weather after today.
2. "Just build it according to the plans" - seems to be my new catchphrase.
3. Mrs. P is taking a week off between jobs to decompress from the (soon to be) old job - & she needs it!
4. News of a new business coming to downtown makes me happy - its a taproom.
5. I provided breakfast for the entire department this morning - its only 2 of us.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Started the moving process by deep cleaning the new-to-us house. I think I vacuumed up enough dog hair to make two small dogs, or one medium dog.

2) I also took off a day to meet 3 different contractors at the house. But all were completed easily, since there's no furniture to block their path.

3) The movers come this weekend.

4) Hubby is not ready. He thinks we should move stuff - I think we already have movers let them do it.

5) After all the moves we've done together, you would think we'd have a routine. But he keeps flubbing his part.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) There are so many awesome things that are upcoming over the next few weeks.
2) Dealing with a somewhat serious medical issue at the moment. Dr. Apt yesterday went well but I have to forward the monitor results to her 3 times a day.
3) Part of me thinks I should have just stayed in bed today. But I have too many things to do between now and easter.
4) The wife and I picked out a new color for our living room... then we realized that we will need to paint the hallway, stairwell, upstairs hall, and kitchen since it is all one space...
5) Wife needs to get the AC fixed in her vehicle. Not a big deal other than we cannot be without two vehicles...

Bubba

Cyburbian
1. Working from home today - have one of the screened porches open, along with some windows. Can't do that at the office.
2. My decision to grill up some salmon for diner tonight has been documented in the Random Thoughts thread. Now I just need to figure out what to have for side items...
3. All of the open jobs catching my eye right now seem to be in California, the southwest, or Texas.
4. It's puzzling to me that some restaurants that have good to great food at their brick-and-mortar locations constantly provide really crappy to awful food when they cater.
5. Red chile queso peanuts are addictive.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. I'm missing The Girl's HS soccer playoff game this evening due to Council meeting.:cursing:
2. Both the dance recital and school performances were great this weekend (well the dances she performed in at recital).
3. Neither one of us in the office can seem to get anything done today because of walk-ins, phone calls & other interruptions.
4. After work yesterday, I pressure washed the back deck, walkways and front porch - basically pollen removal on the deck & porch.
5. Mosquitos are already out.:cursing:

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. I'm missing The Girl's HS soccer playoff game this evening due to Council meeting.:cursing:
2. Both the dance recital and school performances were great this weekend (well the dances she performed in at recital).
3. Neither one of us in the office can seem to get anything done today because of walk-ins, phone calls & other interruptions.
4. After work yesterday, I pressure washed the back deck, walkways and front porch - basically pollen removal on the deck & porch.
5. Mosquitos are already out.:cursing:
Bummer about missing The Girl's game.

1. It is May and I am cuddled under a fleece blanket with two kitties. Life is good.
2. Community is still a funny show.
3. Mmmmmmm...dark chocolate....yyyyuuummmm
4. Vacation starts in 5 days!
5. Inconsistent supervisors are frustrating.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. I can't believe sometimes how rude and condescending merchants can be when you try to help them
2. It's been a very busy day outside on our big downtown project
3. There are some people I will avoid like the plague now & others I'm very happy to work with
4. THE STREET IS OPEN!
5. First person to park on the street was the most whinny merchant, in front of their store, blocking their own customers from parking

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Planit speaks the truth.

Tell them, "Fine...when we do this again in 70 years, we'll just use City money only and assess the cost directly back to you adjacent property owners. What do you think about that?"

Make sure to explicitly tell the people that were helpful/cooperative that you very much appreciate them.

The others...well...be minimally professional in the future.

DVD

Cyburbian
1. oatmeal raisin cookie. meh.
2. chocolate chip cookie. not bad.
3. white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. good stuff.
4. fudge cookies. damn good.
5. salted caramel cookies. How have I not known about these things!

Planit

Cyburbian
1. oatmeal raisin cookie. meh.
2. chocolate chip cookie. not bad.
3. white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. good stuff.
4. fudge cookies. damn good.
5. salted caramel cookies. How have I not known about these things!

Today is Thursday DVD...just sayin'
But I like the cookie list!

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) This Tuesday is like Monday, because I worked from home yesterday.

2) My boss is still on vacay - so I have a meeting with my Director soon.

3) Wearing one of my new Stitch Fix items today, and loving it.

4) I made scones from a mix on Sunday, and ate the last of them this morning. Dammm they were good.

5) It's Tuesday, so no formal meetings but a lot of internal ones today and tomorrow.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) I am going to mow the lawn after dinner tonight. It needs it.
2) I have a stack of paperwork to go through that I am not looking forward to.
3) Why can't it be Friday afternoon?
4) Storage is the name of the game this weekend. I am putting loft style shelving up around the perimeter of my shop.
5) I need a nap.