• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Daily things 5️⃣ Five Things Tuesday

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Last day of work for the week!

2) IT pushed out an update over the weekend. Now I can't get into the HR system to finish my evaluation. So am I late, or is IT late because they haven't resolved the problem?

3) Family was supposed to do mostly donations/community assistance for the holidays this year, instead of gifts. I think my mom forgot or simply ignored it. I transported a trunkload of wrapped presents home, but all I left at her place were cards from the different groups saying "a donation has been made in your name". Felt weird.

4) Two neighbors are having work done this week. It's noisy on our block because sawing, concrete cutters, and various other loud devices are being used in front of the homes. Don't they know some of us still have to work??

5) I am so glad it's a short week. I'm stressed. And the holidays are only a part of the problem.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. Had a low-key Christmas lunch here yesterday. It was nice and we were able to do some Christmas trivia on our phones and projecting on the screen through Kahoot! A lot of fun.
2. Tradesmen at your neighbors houses also have to work. Just saying.
3. I don't particularly care for the "cool" LED lights most of the time in Christmas decorations. I like the "warm" light better.
4. I'm in the minority but I still think the USPS is one of the better values in this country.
5. I've had to get involved with a situation with a resident who thinks we need to respond immediately to every complaint. This is the same person who collected trash that allegedly came from a construction site and left it on the porch of a city employee who lived in the neighborhood!

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Today feels like a continuation of Monday
2. Frustration fuels another day
3. The dog tried to get out yesterday and ended up bending some chain link fencing & its not the first time
4. Wildlife seen in the park this weekend included a pair of red-tailed hawks & a fox
5. At least the SEC won!

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. We are down to a 1-car household.
2. Meeting with the realtor tomorrow.
3. The house is a mess.
4. I am a judgmental person. 🥺
5. Doggy and I went for a walk/zoom today at the park.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. We are effectively down to a 1-car household
2. Not meeting with any realtors tomorrow if I can possibly avoid it
3. The house is a mess. The house is ALWAYS a mess.
4. In my judgement, judgmental people are bad.
5. Doggy and I went for a walk/tugfest yesterday through the neighborhood.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. We are effectively down to a 1-car household
2. Not meeting with any realtors tomorrow if I can possibly avoid it
3. The house is a mess. The house is ALWAYS a mess.
4. In my judgement, judgmental people are bad.
5. Doggy and I went for a walk/tugfest yesterday through the neighborhood.
Wisenheimer! Is that German?

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) My day started with a 3-hour meeting.

2) While the sun was out, I was at my computer for another meeting.

3) This week has A LOT of meetings.

4) Watched a Zoom event on Vincent Van Gogh over the weekend. Included pictures in and from the museum in Amsterdam, which reminded me of our visit there 12 years ago.

5) With all the money I'm saving on gas, tolls, clothes, lunches, and other going-to-the-office-to-work expenses, I may be able to swing business class for my next BIG adventure!