• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Daily things 5️⃣ Five Things Tuesday

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1. Humid/Sunny/ 90 here today with a chance of strong storms later this afternoon. I kind of like it when it gets this way.
2. Despite tomorrow being Cinco-de-mayo, today is still Taco Tuesday... and you don't mess with tradition. I will have a margarita tomorrow to make up for it.
3. Cooked filet mignon for dinner on Sunday and it turned out freaking awesome... however my oldest was pissed. I cooked the a much cheaper cut of steak knowing that they would not appreciate them (and the two younger boys would likely not eat it anyways, and gave him a bit of mine. He realized that the quality of the cut matters a great deal. Next time, I will need to make him one too.
4. I am looking forward to the Wings beating Blue Jackets for the last two games of the season. That way they won't finish last in the division.
5. Before school my oldest was out playing with a remote control car in the cul-de-sac and I was getting my coffee cup out of my tuck when he noticed our neighbor and their twin toddlers come out to head to preschool. He quickly went over and crouched down and ask them how they were doing and if they were excited to go to preschool. My neighbor commented about how excited the twins are to see James and how they appreciate how well mannered he is with kids. I looked at him puzzled thinking, ok, why can't we get him to follow the rules in the house and do his homework...

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
5. Before school my oldest was out playing with a remote control car in the cul-de-sac and I was getting my coffee cup out of my tuck when he noticed our neighbor and their twin toddlers come out to head to preschool. He quickly went over and crouched down and ask them how they were doing and if they were excited to go to preschool. My neighbor commented about how excited the twins are to see James and how they appreciate how well mannered he is with kids. I looked at him puzzled thinking, ok, why can't we get him to follow the rules in the house and do his homework...
I get this sometimes too where (usually elderly) people after interacting with my son say "oh, he's such a nice and considerate boy...." and I'm thinking who the heck did you just talk to? Surely not Junior, that hellion.

kms

Cyburbian
1. Humid/Sunny/ 90 here today with a chance of strong storms later this afternoon. I kind of like it when it gets this way.
2. Despite tomorrow being Cinco-de-mayo, today is still Taco Tuesday... and you don't mess with tradition. I will have a margarita tomorrow to make up for it.
3. Cooked filet mignon for dinner on Sunday and it turned out freaking awesome... however my oldest was pissed. I cooked the a much cheaper cut of steak knowing that they would not appreciate them (and the two younger boys would likely not eat it anyways, and gave him a bit of mine. He realized that the quality of the cut matters a great deal. Next time, I will need to make him one too.
4. I am looking forward to the Wings beating Blue Jackets for the last two games of the season. That way they won't finish last in the division.
You're doing a good job when your kids are considerate to others without being prompted. They'll still how far they can push you at home.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. I think I have reached the end point of my thoughtfulness regarding decluttering. No more holding stuff for people. Everything goes to goodwill.

2. I miss playing team sports.

3. I miss playing sports.

4. Babies are cute.

5. 75f is the perfect temp.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I wish ursus would pay us a visit
2. I would rather see a comedy concert than a musical concert at the moment
3. Tuesday in it's own way is often just as bad as Monday.
4. For the record, I see nothing wrong with living for the weekends during one's work career
5. There's a bag of popcorn on my desk I popped for dinner after last night's meeting.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Budget meeting last night went okay - it was basically this is what we got.
2. Department Head meeting this morning just finished - it was uneventful.
3. I feel like I'm falling behind at work & at home.
4. Got 2 estimates for painting the exterior of the house & they are exactly the same.
5. Tonight is the home opener for our MiLB :baseball: team!!!