• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Five Things Tuesday

1. I enjoyed ofos' "three is to five things as Wednesday is to the work week" analogy.
2. I really want some popcorn but don't want to the delicious buttery fumes to annoy my coworkers (we are under construction and sitting in a completely open room together like a school of fish)
3. I am ready for some snow.
4. I want to learn to ski this winter but I don't know if I can afford it
5. I am enjoying a jazz station on Pandora today

1. I hate Verizon. :-{
2. My dance card seems to be filling up all of a sudden. 8-!
3. I have no idea what a "dance card" is; an older colleague uses that expression.
4. The noon whistle just went off, triggering my stomach to growl.
5. I'm worried about my cat's teeth - the vet has recommended having them all taken out.

kjel

Super Moderator
3. I have no idea what a "dance card" is; an older colleague uses that expression.
5. I'm worried about my cat's teeth - the vet has recommended having them all taken out.
Captain has to have one of his canines extracted. He will NOT be a happy camper...neither will my wallet.

3. Back in the day there were actual cards that women carried and men put their name on it to reserve a dance. So all the popular girls had full cards and the not-so-popular girls has fewer.

5. One of my brother's kitties had all its teef out. He's fine now.

1: Spent the day in NYC.
2: Spent a small fortune to find out what we already know.
3. Brought home a 6-pack of Molly's cupcakes. :loveeyes:
4. Bought some Powerball tickets too!
5. I don't know how people consistently get up at 5am. It is 7pm and I am ready for bed!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
1. I hate and avoid conflict to the point I'm almost willing to swallow $1000 in damage to my car rather than call the asshat who backed into me and haggle/debate over it.
2. Started watching the Walking Dead on the weekend and now I'm having zombie dreams every night
3. My SIL gave birth to a boy yesterday
4. My wife is ecstatic to be a "matante"
5. I guess my brother's two girls don't count anymore :r:

kjel

Super Moderator
It's raining.
The radiator in my bedroom still doesn't work.
My boss is MIA again.
I have $4 in my checking account.
It's not Friday.

ofos

Cyburbian
1. Tuesday is a drag
2. We have our national conference call today.
3. I hate conference calls
4. The sun is shining
5. Just makes it worse

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
  1. my 25k paycut has caught up with us
  2. I am going to a swanky AIA party tonight in Portland
  3. I really hope I didn't screw up Secret Santa
  4. I need to clean my office today
  5. I am so sick of foggy brain from a bad thyroid

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
1. I recently realized how much less I post here (even though I visit every day), compared to the heyday to the early 2000's (only 310 posts since I hit 7K in 2010).
2. Budget season sucks the life out of me, especially when I get undercut from above and have to lose a good person on staff because of it.
3. My wife is amazing...she's now a "sought after" speaker doing talks for families dealing with the initial "shock" of receiving an autism diagnosis for their children.
4. I'm not looking forward to tonight's Planning Board meeting, only because the CIP is on the agenda and I haven't been able to re-shape the process yet (trying to show patience and let our Master Plan get adopted first).
5. Elf on the shelf is good in theory, but when your 6 year old "doesn't follow the rules," it makes it difficult to get the intended results!

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Theme for today - Stay Positive
2. Sometimes thats difficult
3. There are some really good College Bowl Games and there are some duds too
4. Going to drive kiddies to see Christmas lights tonight
5. Go to dentist tomorrow - crown me.

Hink

OH....IO
1. I like using a sharpie as my main writing utensil.
2. I like my iPad most the time.
3. I can't get our printer to scan to email.
4. I hate the new American Factfinder.
5. I want good BBQ.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I pay scrupulous attention to businesses shown in street scenes in movies. Frequently I'll fact check to see if the actual location looks anything like the movie.
2. Ever notice how once in a while you'll see a chain that has say 20 stores clustered in the Great Lakes area but there'll be an inexplicable location someplace like Nevada or even out of the country?
3. I think black licorice is many folks' least favorite candy - it is mine
4. A different mood prevails when someone in the household is barfy-sick
5. Damn, I love maps

1. I'm really going to have to stay on top of things over the next few extremely busy months - no (or very little) slacking! ;)

2. My DH finally painted part of the kitchen on his day off :)

3. I'm going to the eye doctor tomorrow.

4. I am almost done shopping for my Secret Santa victim :smirk:

5. It's beautiful outside - I have to force myself to go out for a walk before it gets dark.

1. I'm shopping for a new vehicle and forgot how unpleasant of an experience it is.
2. It's raining but I'm glad it's not snowing.
3. I don't like the whole "public engagement" aspect of planning, it definitely wears me out and I don't know how some planners can remain so gung-ho about it.
4. I like cheeze-its but not the spicy variety.
5. I haven't posted on here much lately, but I have stepped up my lurking.

kms

Cyburbian
1. I walked at lunchtime since I'm in the office for a change. I feel as though I rediscovered the neighborhood since I usually see it from the work truck.
2. I have one more item to buy for my Secret Santa gift.
3. I'm inside for a webinar; I'd rather be outside.
4. I love listening to my coworkers discuss news items they read on the interwebs, but the topic right now is kind of gross.
5. I'm impressed that my 17 year old son tunes into The Men Who Built America simply because he's interested in it.

1) Christmas in only 3 weeks away.:-c
2) I have way too much to do before then:not::wall:
3) For some reason, it just doesn't feel like Christmas this year.:-\
4) I feel your pain Planit. I just got crowned here recently and am still getting used to it
5) I hate to admit it, but Gino Venelli's "I Just Want to Stop." is sounding pretty good. I think I just lost man card points for admitting that.:-c

Bonus: Who really gives a !@#$ that one the English royals got knocked up. Haven't the interwebs got more important stuff to post.? <roll eyes>

Last edited:
1. I haven't even thought of my Secret Santa gift.
2. Toes hurt.
3. Meeting 2 different sets of friends and a co-worker for dinner tonight. So be an interesting melange.
4. Hungry.
5. Feel like quitting my job since Bosshat has taken over all my projects that I used to have control of before he left & came back. Grr.

1. I had a good day at the Board meeting today.
2. I had to put my work phone phone number on the "do not call list today" after a rash of calls the last two days.
3. We are eating leftover pizza for dinner.
4. Crazy Capt. Beck was at the public hearing again today showing his patent for his Earth asteroid deflection and protection invention.
5. I don't care what the "Founding Fathers" wrote over two hundred years ago. Conditions change and that's why they included a provision to amend the Constitution. We've done it 27 times (including the Bill of Rights)!!! There, I said it.