• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂
  • If you're returning to Cyburbia, your old password should still work with your username. If you can't remember your password, you can reset it here. If your email changed, or you can't get into your account, follow these instructions.

Five Things Tuesday

1) Tornado warnings and watch this morning, then sunshine at lunch. HUMID!
2) Went to the rec center to use the indoor track at lunch, rather than walk in the humidity.
3) Working on plat reports now, and am ready for a nap.
4) My evil coworker brought in cookies - which defeats my lunchtime walk :-{
5) Planning summer vacay! :D

Big Owl

Cyburbian
  1. I hate being a landlord.
  2. As soon as I get rid of my current tenant, I'll either sell the place or contract with a property manager.
  3. It's my townhouse that I didn't sell when we bought our house
  4. The market sucked when we moved so we kept it.
  5. This is the second tenant in 10.5 years. The first was there for 10 yrs untill he died on the way home from work.

kms

Cyburbian
1. Planit should recruit a few of us to take the Bojangles quiz for him.
2. Tonight's news had two reports that have something to do with two of our projects.
3. Those people don't want that Walmart because they want to keep those people out of their town.
4. One of my sons can really make me laugh.
5. The other one can, too, during the half of the time he isn't grumpy.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. 2 presentations today...Rotary and City Council
2. It's gorgeous outside today...I drove an indirect route back to the office from the Rotary lunch presentation
3. Finished our department budget yesterday...evening while sitting at home with the music cranked and a beer in my hand
4. I need to complete my annual Spring Training ritual this weekend...watching Bull Durham
5. Holy cow Finance...more paperwork!!?!??!?!

1. The weekend was too busy and I got no sleep; now I'm exhausted.
2. The cleaning crew at the vacation rental didn't do any laundry; they claimed we were out of detergent.
3. The detergent bottle was almost full -- sitting on the shelf RIGHT NEXT TO the washing machine.
4. The cleaning crew also didn't replace the garbage bags, put the furniture in the right place, or remove the sheets from the pull-out couch.
5. I hate the cleaning crew for the vacation rental!!

1) My back is improving but still has a long way to go.
2) Looks like it might be in the 70's when my dad is visiting from the UP.
3) I have a strange sense of peace right now. I wonder if it is the pain killers.
4) My wife has been awesome the past few days. She even took out the garbage for me this morning on her way out to work.
5) I think I have narrowed down my watch search. I am going to think about it and pray about it for the next few days. If I still feel the same as I do today I will order it.

kms

Cyburbian
1. I'm posting live from the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
2. The Midway service plaza is mid-way between where we entered the Turnpike at Carlisle and where we'll get off the Pike, which is the original western terminus of the Pike. Look it up - that info is too close to home to post.
3. My coworker is can't drive well if he's eating, drinking pop, or, well, driving.
4. I'd like to explore Harrisburg, but I've heard too many bad stories.
5. Signing out from the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

1. I'm posting live from the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
2. The Midway service plaza is mid-way between where we entered the Turnpike at Carlisle and where we'll get off the Pike, which is the original western terminus of the Pike. Look it up - that info is too close to home to post.
3. My coworker is can't drive well if he's eating, drinking pop, or, well, driving.
4. I'd like to explore Harrisburg, but I've heard too many bad stories.
5. Signing out from the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
Harrisburg is ok. York is cooler and the staff at the convention and visitors center is awesome.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. The assistant is gone this week, but at least he didn't send out a bunch a addressing or code violations letters out this time before he left
4. Planning Commission should be fairly interesting tonight with 2 big items
3. I think I'm going to play golf on Friday - a good Friday indeed
2. My midmorning snack is usually a handful of cashews
5. Say a prayer for those in Belgium

1) Made breakfast in the crock pot for the office staff meeting (we rotate the breakfast bringing) and it came out quite tasty.
2) Brought along some croissants just in case, and didn't need them!
3) Am on my second cup of coffee, and it's helping.
4) Almost done with my reports for the next P&Z meeting - early!
5) Cold morning, but will be a lovely afternoon.

kms

Cyburbian
1. We seem to be having winter and spring this week.
2. Easter dinner is on my closed in porch.
3. My coworker told the development people that every project associated with the airport should stop, and I was proud of her.
4. Someone left a bottle of grape-flavored water on my desk. It's not too bad.
5. The ad at the top of this page says "Homes in Pittsburg". That's it. No "h".

1. Downloaded and watched "The Big Short"
2. Which lead to download and start reading the book.
3. Both scare you and piss you off at the same time
4. Had Irish stew for the first time
5 Don't think I'll be having it again

1) I did not sleep well last night. 4 cups of coffee so far today.
2) It was cold this morning but it turned out very nice.
3) I have a ton of cleaning and stuff I need to get done before my dad gets here on Friday.
4) It will be a 4 day weekend for me.
5) I have been using my notebook quite a bit the past few weeks.

Rygor

Cyburbian
1. Quiet week at the office. Half my co-workers are going to a Millennial Summit in Vegas.
2. I like quiet weeks. I actually get stuff done.
3. It's me and the wife's anniversary this weekend.
4. We'll be staying at a B&B in Bisbee, AZ.
5. Hope Dan is enjoying is honeymoon! ;):wow:oh::wine::beers::girlydrink::screw::science::gagged::f:8-!:'(+o:)v::toilet::):loveeyes::f::trophy:

Hink

OH....IO
1. I am taking tomorrow off.
2. Wife and I will be having a nice little afternoon.
3. I make lots of notes on paper. I wish I had a digital option that I actually liked.
4. I am tech savvy. I like talking about tech with people who are not tech savvy.
5. Code writing makes me tired. It needs to get done, but it is tiresome work.

1. Just overheard someone say "Im liberal on that!" at School
2. I ran into one of my fellow grad student frienemies today, we just kinda nodded and carried on without stopping to talk to each other.
3. Meow!! My cat got a new collar today!
4. I wish I was born in 1946
5. Its too warm at my school.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I didn't get enough sleep last night
2. I've not been in a good place lately
3. There's something about looking at black and white photos that makes things seem like they happened a much longer time ago than they did
4. I have never had a "country ham" and am eager to try one someday. I understand, however, real country hams start around $170!
5. I'm reading a general history book about the middle ages right now

1) Expensive Tuesday - just paid 3 bills, plus it's Hubby's draft day.
2) I have a book hangover - stayed up too late reading a mystery that ended up ending poorly.
3) Staff meeting today - wonder what trouble we'll get into today.
4) Short week - I'm off Friday - but cramming a ton of work into 4 days. Including an extra night meeting.
5) Want to really tie one on while on vacation this weekend, but not sure I should.

1. I didn't get enough sleep last night
2. I've not been in a good place lately
Im here for you bro if you need a little help from your friends. Planners gotta have other planners backs.

1. Just finished a site visit to a dock project that my company is working on (and Im handling permitting for). I had to sneak onto a ferry dock but I was like "whatevs" because we notified the muni that retained us that I'd be there.
2. Its windy on the Hudson!!
3. Trains go CHOO CHOO unless they are electric, than they glide divine on the third rail.
4. I want to drive a manual transmission school bus, that'd be cool.
5. Id like to see #blacklivesmatter protest the APA convention, that would be badass and funny at the same time.
6. Im translating my resume into French, maybe you can guess why ;)

1. I'm trying to be as efficient as possible with my packing so I don't have to check a bag when flying to Phoenix.
2. Sometimes free help isn't really free at all.
3. The "post a lie" thread doesn't interest me in the slightest.
4. I keep debating with myself how much cash I should take to Phoenix.
5. Supposedly we get per diem but I haven't seen anything yet or know what the going rate is.