• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

Five Things Tuesday

Planit

Cyburbian
5. One of our firemen passed away yesterday performing a dive recovery. Very sad and so young (28). Say a pray for Capt. Long.
4. I hate it when my phone displays a red light. It means I have a message, which means I have to listen to it and then follow up. UGH.
3. I wonder if a certain councilman will wear his Hawaiian shirt with his sheersucker sportcoat tonight - it won't be the 1st time.
2. The doctor said my blood pressure was good.
1. The Girl has 2.4 days of 7th grade left.

1. I had Indian food for lunch. Yum.
2. It is storming here.
3. I walked to work.
4. Didn't bring an umbrella.
5. Restricting your caloric intake is difficult when you love your calories. I'm looking at you, cookies.

1) Feeling glad I don't have an item on tonight's agenda, but will be there in spirit to support my coworkers in their time of need.
2) New reading glasses (specifically for the computer) look cute but aren't as comfortable as I'd hoped.
3) Problem applicant calling me to complain about another department's hold on his plans - why don't you call them???
4) Want a beer to chase the tortilla chips I had a lunch.
5) Sunshine still - will take a walk this evening.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Meetings all morning & debriefings all afternoon
2. I think I've finally convinced the CM that the current project delay is due to the applicant and not staff
3. I WAS going to the minor league baseball game Thursday. In case you didn't get it, the key word is WAS. A meeting has now been scheduled by people on the 2nd floor.
4. Last evening was very hot, but I needed to wash the car. When I came back in Mrs. P asked if I sprayed myself with the hose. No I sweated that much it just looks like it.
5. I'm getting to like the new TopGear, I just wish Chris Harris would see less airtime.

1) Trying to hire an intern is a pain in the patootie; hopefully this guy will be worth the trouble
2) SOmetimes I wish we had a pool
3) Tired, frazzled, feeling down - and it's only Tuesday
4) Lots of little crap left on projects - it's the lull before the storm
5) Next week is vacation!!

kms

Cyburbian
1. Today is Flag Day.
2. My coworker's driving scares the hell out of me and I should pull rank on him.
3. I took a bike ride around Harrisburg yesterday.
4. I wonder if it would be worth my while to make sesame sticks snacks.
5. The scenery along the turnpike is lush and green. Or verdant, if you like that word better.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Tabloid journalism is a bad thing. Always.
2. Remember how the Weekly World News used to have a disclaimer about how stories were provided for entertainment purposes
3. I hope we get a lot of tomatoes this year.
4. When bosses micromanage they create an environment where staff does not feel empowered to make independent decisions/actions. That's usually a Bad Thing.
5. I do not own a wheelbarrow

kms

Cyburbian
1. I'm disappointed at how little our admin staff knows about locations on our county.
2. Some days, peanut M&M's are a perfect snack.
3. I found the Weekly World News to most entertaining.
4. Family wedding this weekend. :-|
5. I lost custody of my wheelbarrow, but kept custody of some scaffolding, which I used as barter payment for something.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Looking forward to sitting in the lake this weekend.
2. The English soccer team showed their own form of Brexit yesterday. That was indeed an upset.
3. Customer Service meeting went all morning with dept. heads
4. Fried Canadian sounds tasty
5. I used to own a wheelbarrow until it was stolen & the bastards used it to carry many tools

1) Our industry is one of competing forces as multiple sides have different intentions.
2) As it happens on occasion, I am once again questioning why I do what I do as it seems counter productive because it isn't planning for the future but more reacting to the present.
3) We are interviewing babysitters for the last 2 1/2 weeks of July. So far it has not gone well. Our top candidate is a quiet 14 year old who brought her mom to the interview.
4) All day I have been distracted by everything. I need a vacation in the worst way.
5) My oldest is 'teaching' his class today and is reading a dinosaur book that he wrote when he was 4.

1. I'm tired of getting on the ESPN website and the first several stories are about soccer. (sorry soccer fans)
2. Mskis - I'd cut the 14 year old some slack. She's 14 and there have been stranger ways to lure a kid to a house for not so good intention so having her mom along was probably a good idea.
3. My fair city desperately needs a city administrator.
4. I am craving a perfectly sauted soft shell crab sandwich.
5. I'm sick of attorneys who fancy themselves planners. Unless you've actually been one then no, no you're not.

2. Mskis - I'd cut the 14 year old some slack. She's 14 and there have been stranger ways to lure a kid to a house for not so good intention so having her mom along was probably a good idea.
We don't need to cut her any slack, she is the best candidate by far! We agreed that her coming coming to the interview was a good thing... but her mom did most the talking.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Can't say I'm very enthused about watching the Olympics this year
2. This staff report isn't writing itself for some reason
3. Fireworks got rained out last night, but that's okay we saw 'em on the 3rd already
4. Had a small home fireworks display that succeeded in getting Mrs. Maister upset at Junior over 'safety infractions'
5. Grilled burgers yesterday. They were quite good.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. bad Chinese buffet for lunch - won't be heading back there
2. it amazes me still that some people are allowed to drive AND have no regard for others on the road
3. had to rush outside and close my car's sunroof before it rained...I made it
4. enjoyed seeing one of my cousins this past weekend
5. think we covered all 5 food groups this past weekend: BBQ - hot dogs - wings - hamburgers - beer

1. I think I've decided I'm pretty much over fireworks. I'll enjoy them if it's convenient but I'm not going out of my way to view them anymore.
2. The first real hot and humid heatwave of the summer has arrived.
3. The 4th was a pretty rainy day here. Got a lot of naps and reading done.
4. Been doing a lot more hiking lately. I'm fortunate the Appalachian Trail is so close.
5. What is the deal with people using TWO hiking poles? I mean really, is that necessary? You look like a downhill skier walking along.

kms

Cyburbian
1. I can't shake the feeling that today feels like Wednesday.
2. The little theater in my town has some good events for low prices.
3. I'm going to try to work from home this afternoon.
4. The planned road trip with my daughter isn't picking up any momentum.
5. I may just tour the Shenandoah Valley on my own.

1) On days like today, I just want to go home and take a nap.
2) I think I'm going to run away from home this weekend.
3) We are starting to look at neighborhoods, and all I can think about is how we don't agree on house style.
4) I want some chocolate, but in this heat it doesn't last long.
5) Why? Because.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. AT&T customer service SUCKS!
2. I love billboards guys - not
3. Unexpectedly had lunch with Mrs. P today
4. I'm trying to stay at 1 soda a day, but yesterday was a 2-soda day
5. Hey Sal, a can of St. Arnolds Art Car found its way to my house - it was very good

Planit

Cyburbian
1. After Day 1, the Circus in Cleveland has been spot on entertainment - unfortunately its for real
2. This weekend we need to work on the deck & the temperature will be hovering around 98
3. That reminds me that I have to run by the home improvement store this evening
4. A company recently faxed me a 6 page zoning confirmation letter request to complete and place on our letterhead. My reply was I only accepted email requests.
5. Had a person call me this morning asking how I wanted to handle a meeting. Evidently they had not read the email I sent them last week explaining the details.