• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Flight of the Snowbirds

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Perry posted a new essay in the Perry's Corner blog, titled "Flight of the Snowbirds." Check it out.

Earl Finkler

Cyburbian
Disinformation Minister

Great Post Dan. I am having a hard time getting to sleep at night without my regular briefing from the Iraqi minister of information. But then I turn to FOX or MSNBC and get an equal amount of disinformation, so I start to snooze.
And then there is always "The Daily Show" to put all the day's news into perspective.
As a planner, I should know if the Daily Show "Senior" Correspondents are really in the field or not. But they are so good, and the settings look so real........Help
(when I wake up)
Earl

Perry Norton

Cyburbian Emeritus
What"s the Daley Show? With Fox and WNBC cluttering the waves And the standard news print dropping the usual drivel, I am wondering what to peruse.
PLN

Earl Finkler

Cyburbian
Great to see you in person at your home in Tucson Perry, along with your wife Harriet. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit.
It is nice to correspond over the internet, but in-person get-togethers are tops.
The Daily Show is a regular weekly nite show (at 10 pm in Alaska) on the :Comedy Channel on cable. It runs a half hour and really spoofs so-called news channels like Fox, CNN, etc.
Sometimes I think it gets closer to the truth than those news channels.
Hope you all can get to see it.
Earl