• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Floodplain planning

I am looking for materials that are durable enough to use to construct bridges, trails, and boardwalks in a fairly active river floodplain. I am also looking for information and manufacturers on an 'incline tramway' as a way to get handicapped people down the river bluff to the trails in the floodplain. The bluff is at a slope greater the 45 degrees, and I feel that is the only way to get those folks down there without seriously impacting the natural areas and exacerbating the erosion problems on the bluff.

Plannibelle

Cyburbian
I just did a case out in an area that has a bluff with an almost verticle drop and the folks who live there use either a long winding staircase or a tram apparatus to get to the bottom which was base of the shoreline. I wished I knew what they used. Perhaps a search on the internet? Send me private email and I can tell you where this community is that uses these type of systems.