• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

'Florida Man' game

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
This game has been making the rounds on the internet lately. Isn't it time we join in the fun here?

Google "Florida man" and your month and date of birth and post the headline for that day here. It may be possible to get multiple hits on interesting headlines, so feel free to post more than once on this thread!

Mine:
Florida man, drunk and naked, allegedly set house on fire in failed cookie baking attempt

Last edited:

Bubba

Cyburbian
This game has been making the rounds on the internet lately. Isn't it time we join in the fun here?

Google "Florida man" and your month and date of birth and post the headline here. It may be possible to get multiple hits on interesting headlines, so feel free to post more than once on this thread!

Mine:
Florida man, drunk and naked, allegedly set house on fire in failed cookie baking attempt
A Florida Man let it all hang out at a strip club, dancer says. He wasn’t part of the act.

Last edited:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
This is why everyone is Googling 'Florida man' and their birthday

Florida Man Challenge: Which ridiculous headline matches your birthday?

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Florida man confirms he has never been to Disney World, somehow owes Disney money.

Last edited:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Florida man confirms he has never been to Disney World, somehow owes Disney money.
"Disney officials indicate that because he is a native, he has both a moral and fiduciary obligation to support the corporation and the local economy, hence the bill for $475..."

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Florida man moves to Valdosta, Georgia, instantly 'dead' to his Florida family.

Florida man, 67, doesn't see a problem with neighbor's vintage car tire 'collection' outdoor display.

Last edited:

shell_waster

Cyburbian
Florida Man Arrested For Throwing An Adult Toy On Field Last Night In Buffalo

Florida man gets stuck after climbing down 30-foot well 'for bragging rights'

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Florida man demands cash, donuts during Krispy Kreme robbery attempt.

"open up the cash register! Oh, and I'll take a half dozen glazed to go...."

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
There's a bunch of them, but I like this one the best.

Bradenton, Florida Man Arrested After Giving Several “Wedgies” to Bradenton Movie Goers

Beats a mass shooting. And, to be an equal opportunity offender::

Police bust Florida woman with 4 Rolexes hidden in her body cavity

I'll let you guess what cavity they're talking about.

Last edited:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Predictably, Florida Man Blows Off Part of His Hand in July 4th Fireworks Accident

Florida man hit by celebratory gunfire during Fourth of July fireworks show

Five Best July 4th Florida Arrests

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
My state had a Florida moment. A woman shot, possibly killed, a man while in a car on the Coast, while in a car. She then drove them up to my fair city, about an 1.15, 1.5 hours away.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
That’s not Richard Florida, the economic development guru who turned the urban planning world upside down with his seminal work, Bowling Alone... No, that’s leading man Gary Busey who is the superstar actor who played a loving father and husband in David Lynch’s acclaimed and beloved Lost Highway film from the late 90s.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Florida Man Screaming About Vampires Allegedly Sets Fire In His Own House

On the other hand NC is quickly hitting that vibe too...
'Sharks are still good people:' North Carolina shark attack survivor Paige Winter says she's 'popping' through recovery

(I was not aware that shark were people)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Who is Florida Man?

Florida man thought he bought a villa, actually paid thousands for tiny 100-by-1 foot strip of land

You’ve heard of Florida Man. Now, brace yourselves for the TV show.

Would you watch ?

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gator decides to join couple for a swim :roflmao:

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Michigan = Floriduh North

:halo:
You get out into the interior of MI and you definitely run into a lot of northern rednecks/hillbillies. Trust me. I spent the first 20 years of a life living around many.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
You get out into the interior of MI and you definitely run into a lot of northern rednecks/hillbillies. Trust me. I spent the first 20 years of a life living around many.
Indeed. Isn't there some kind of saying like 'you can take a boy out of the sticks but you can never....[something or other I forget what]?'

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I thought I'd put in December 25. The first relevant hit?

From the article. It's really kind of sad.

"But by 7 p.m., Weaver grew angry and began hitting his wife and breaking windows with his cane, police said. "The vampires are going to defend themselves," he shouted, according to the arrest report/"

Here's something a bit different
. Spoilering the first item for mature content.

Butt-Plug Bandit Says He Was Too Embarrassed to Buy One

Christopher Masters was a bit too embarrassed to bring his purchases to the cashier at the Spencer's Gift Shop in Vero Beach, Florida. So instead he shoved the "screw butt plug" and "stroker can" down his khaki shorts and tried to steal them back on December 10.

And the second item:

"Dawk Meikle's husband was farting in bed, so who could blame her for trying to get him to stop. She began elbowing him, but her husband kept mining for gas. So Meikle, 55, kept punching and kicking. The squirmish turned into a full-fledged fight after Meikle's husband attempted to restrain her. The man eventually received about seven to eight scratches on his chest and had his shirt torn in three different places. The incident happened in the early hours of December 11 in Port St. Lucie. Meikle was charged with domestic battery. "

Florida Man Arrested For Throwing An Adult Toy On Field Last Night In Buffalo
Go Bills.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
I thought I'd put in December 25. The first relevant hit?

From the article. It's really kind of sad.

"But by 7 p.m., Weaver grew angry and began hitting his wife and breaking windows with his cane, police said. "The vampires are going to defend themselves," he shouted, according to the arrest report/"
Here's something a bit different. Spoilering the first item for mature content.

Butt-Plug Bandit Says He Was Too Embarrassed to Buy One

Christopher Masters was a bit too embarrassed to bring his purchases to the cashier at the Spencer's Gift Shop in Vero Beach, Florida. So instead he shoved the "screw butt plug" and "stroker can" down his khaki shorts and tried to steal them back on December 10.

And the second item:

"Dawk Meikle's husband was farting in bed, so who could blame her for trying to get him to stop. She began elbowing him, but her husband kept mining for gas. So Meikle, 55, kept punching and kicking. The squirmish turned into a full-fledged fight after Meikle's husband attempted to restrain her. The man eventually received about seven to eight scratches on his chest and had his shirt torn in three different places. The incident happened in the early hours of December 11 in Port St. Lucie. Meikle was charged with domestic battery. "

Go Bills.
Daytona Beach police said Weaver's wife sought to have him committed for mental health reasons-Ya think

Planit

Cyburbian

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Florida man arrested for trying to get alligator drunk

told authorities he had consumed a few beers that day, but claimed he wasn’t intoxicated during the incident.
After the beer feeding, which was recorded,

Florida man in Trump costume punched in face by 14-year-old girl: cops

A Florida man dressed as President Trump allegedly got decked in the jaw by a teenage girl — whose friends filmed the thwacking and posted it on Instagram, officials said.

These Florida stereotypes are the strongest (yes, even stronger than Florida Man)