• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Food wish at this particular moment

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
If you could snap your fingers and make it magically appear before you, what food item would you choose at this moment? Note, this is not the same as asking what's your favorite food, because you might have eaten recently and aren't particularly hungry at this moment, or maybe you had your favorite dish recently, or maybe you're just in an adventurous food mood, or one of any number of other reasons.

DVD

Cyburbian
Sushi is a good one, but the vast oceans of Kansas do not offer up that delicacy. Maybe a good pad thai. Something other than pork chops would be nice.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Does Tab count?
Nope. If we counted beverages, then all the lushes on this forum would be going on endlessly about how they could go for a Sam Smith Taddy porter, or a Maccallan single malt, or bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothschild 2009.... you get the idea

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I've had a craving for a Slurpee for several days now. The weird thing is I'm pretty sure it's been at least 10 years since I last had one and it's freaking warmed up to a balmy 19 degrees.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Right now it's barbecued ribs Memphis style

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
No. Just regular brownies, you hippy.

Sometimes brownies are just brownies.
Square.

Okay, now I have to have some brownies too. Not just any ol' brownies, though. MINT brownies

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
A Nashville-style hot chicken sandwich. I've been craving one come lunchtime for the past week or so. I need to find somewhere near my office that has one on the menu.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Ugh I really want sesame chicken from this place down the road, but their phone isn't working so I can't place a to go order. I could go there and order and then sit and wait, but they only have a single entry door and the whole place is always annoyingly cold during the winter because of that.

EDIT* I got that sesame chicken anyways. Believe in your dreams!

Last edited:

Big Owl

Cyburbian
It's cold. I want potato soup with some cheese and the crumbled remains of 3 pieces of bacon on top.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
fried mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
This moment cries out for a chocolate frosted Bavarian crème torte

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Drove past McDonalds this morning, wished I could get an order of french fries and thought they serve breakfast at dinner now, why not serve dinner at breakfast?

MD Planner

Cyburbian
Drove past McDonalds this morning, wished I could get an order of french fries and thought they serve breakfast at dinner now, why not serve dinner at breakfast?
Interesting you say this. I am apparently one of those rare people who is not in love with breakfast food like so many others are. At least at breakfast time. I remember in college driving to Florida for spring break and being so happy because I could get a cheeseburger of some sort at Hardee's when we stopped to eat. That's also why I love Waffle House; if I want a patty melt at 9 in the morning, no problem! We have also noticed that Chick Fil A will make you their waffle fries with their breakfast sandwiches instead of the hash rounds if you ask nicely.

kms

Cyburbian
I could go for a handful or two of those crunchy little sesame sticks. Salted, not honey coated.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
This moment requires a charcoal grilled 1/3 lb. hamburger (medium-well) topped with bacon, lettuce, onion, pepper jack cheese, dill chips, mayo, and bbq sauce. It must be served with seasoned fries and a pint of Bell's Amber Ale.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I realize it's 7:54 in the a.m. but right now, but I could really go for a mint chip milk shake.

kms

Cyburbian
I've been craving stuffed chicken breast like a local place used to serve. I began making my own at 8:00 last night, had a little bit of stuffing before bedtime, and had some for lunch. I'll have more for dinner and lunch tomorrow. That ought to take care of that craving.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
An almond croissant. I miss the food options at my old office. Nothing like that here.

Bubba

Cyburbian
I miss the food options at my old office. Nothing like that here.
We moved our office from downtown Atlanta to midtown a couple of years ago - went from having dozens of choices within less than a five minute walk to having a total of six, all of which are repetitive (two chain sub shops, two pizza places, two office building cafes). :not:

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
Warm, spicy Indian food!

And some Roti.

Maybe a handful of dark chocolate covered almonds and dark chocolate covered cranberries.

kms

Cyburbian
Tang. For medicinal purposes. If I’m going to be sick, I want to drink what the astronauts drank.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I've been craving a banana, peanut butter, and bacon whole wheat wrap for a while. I made it for lunch today. One with honey, one without. Weird combo, but it works. Elvis wasn't wrong.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Dirty rice sounds good right now. Oh, and a lime sherbet freeze. mmmmmm

Otis

Cyburbian
I make these every year for our family Christmas gathering!
Please adopt me.

Right now, it's a grilled ribeye steak with bordelaise sauce and mushrooms, plus baked potato and asparagus, Since I bought the fixin's for all this a few minutes ago, that's what we're having for dinner tonight. Plus a nice cabernet.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
A Chicago-style deep dish pizza with pepperoni, sausage, and onion.

Top Bottom